Charged twice for same op

2»

Comments

• RuthnJasper
    RuthnJasper Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    LABMAN wrote: »
    Friday...that long ago...really? Behave yourself! I'm sure the vets are doing their utmost for Marley's well being, but in some cases it just cannot be enough.

Avric1 - do you mean Friday (when you sent the email) as in yesterday? You need to give them a chance to respond.

There is some good advice on the RCVS website, which you can find here:
    https://www.rcvs.org.uk/concerns/im-a-vet-professional-and-i-want-to-raise-a-concern/i-want-to-raise-a-concern-about-a-veterinary-surgeon/

But please do keep in mind that vets are only human. Yes, they have a duty of care as much as a GP does, but they can make mistakes. They are also in the business, which can be extremely difficult and distressing (I used to work in a vets' practice, and some of the sights, sounds and smells will live with me forever), primarily to help suffering animals rather than getting rich. If your vet has made an error, please give them time to put it right and/or explain themselves before going at them or ringing around neighbouring vets to try and get something to attack them with. No reputable vet will give you an opinion based on word alone and without examining the animal; they could potentially be struck-off for doing so.

I'm really sorry that Marley is unwell, and I hope he will be on the mend very, very soon. x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Thank you for the reply,

It is breaking my heart and I just want him well and home.
  • RuthnJasper
    Avric1 wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply,

It is breaking my heart and I just want him well and home.

I completely understand. I love my dog to bits as well. I'll keep everything crossed for you and Marley. XxX
  • RuthnJasper
    OP - just in case you come back. How is Marley? Hope he's OK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure