Busy Mee's Last Leg

Comments

• Another one sick of the dark mornings although my DH reassures me they are getting lighter as his trip to work is half in darkness and half in the light.
    CRx
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    First proper week of Jan is always the worst! I was really looking forward to not dragging myself up this morning, and typically i was wide awake at 6am, absolutely parched! So sat downstairs on my own (the dog didn't even drag himself out of bed) with a brew by 6.10am!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • I need an UUFF too … I doubt that will happen... no plans yet but I'm sure something with be really really really necessary :o
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    So the weekend came and went and after a four hour journey yesterday I am now ensconced in my nicer than usual hotel. I am currently enjoying a cup of tea in bed while I catch up on here.

I finally had an NSD on Friday and Saturday would have been but for an £8.80 prescription :mad:

I went to the gym on Saturday morning and did running, weights and abs and then went to the big Swedish shop with DS and Mr Mee. DS bought wardrobes and drawers and I picked up a couple of scented candles ( I think there is a law that says you can't leave Ikea without buying candles :cool:) However my lovely boy offered to treat me to them :D

The trip to Ikea did give me some ideas about wardrobes for our spare room, which is an awkward shape under the eves. We have had a quote from a local wardrobe fitter for £2600 but I reckon we could do it much cheaper with Ikea wardrobes if we just reconfigured the room. I need to measure up and get my thinking cap on.

I am pleased to report that the grocery spends on Sunday were a much more restrained £53.59.
    So our total spending this month is as follows:

Petrol £110
    Entertainment £10
    Food out. £16.20
    Household. £18
    Groceries. £147.68
    Medical. £98.60
    Personal. £43.00
    Gifts. £139.34

Total spends so far this month so far £577.83. Over £200 were non discretionary petrol and medical costs :eek:) and we are only halfway through the month.

It is DDs Birthday on Friday and I spent £124.99 for a new Fitbit for her on Am@zon using my £5 voucher that I earned for watching a film on Amazon Prime. I already have her card so the only other spend will be to take her for lunch on Friday ( We are both off on Friday). This will actually be cheaper than the normal big family meal out that we normally do. We will probably go shopping but I intend to stay strong because she will have Birthday money from her Grandparents to treat herself :T

I am hoping to keep within a £200 budget for groceries this month. I will shop again this weekend but that should be it for January as we are away staying with friends the following weekend.

I am eyeing up the Jacuzzi bath in my hotel room, but I just wish I hadn't read those reports about how much bacteria and other grim nasties lurk in the jets. Maybe I will just have a shower :rotfl:

Thanks for popping in Cross Rabbit and Jimmy.

Moneyford maybe we should make UUFF a thing !
  • What is UUFF?
    There is also a rule that says the cross rabbit will not leave this big blue and yellow building without a plant that has had a death sentence instated and it will be carried out within the warren. Step away from the Jacuzzi:rotfl:.
    Sounds like great plans for your daughter's birthday but keep tight hold of those purse strings as you know what daughters are like they will get something out of you, as you'll be caught up in the moment and then they pounce:rotfl:.
    CRx
  • Busy_Mee1
    UUFF = Ultra Ultra Frugal February. In my case this is a response to a very large credit card bill that covers two long haul flights.

I know exactly what you mean about daughters and their ability to pounce. Maybe I should "accidentally" forget my purse.
  • Happy birthday to your DD hope your keeping hold of those purse strings.
    CRx
  • Busy_Mee1
    Gosh it is over a week since I last posted but life and work have been really busy. I had a lovely day out with DD for her Birthday last week. We went shopping but I resisted treating her as she had some Birthday cash to spend and did quite well in the sales. I was also quite impressed that she sensibly put some of her Birthday money into her Help to Buy ISA.

I did pay for lunch ....we had some very nice Tapas and Sangria from a lunchtime menu that cost me £31.79, but other than that I didnt spend anything else. :A

The grocery shopping on Sunday came in at £68.78, so our total for January is £216.46. I am hoping we can now manage without any further spends until the end of the month ( we are away at friends this weekend). This week has been a no spend week apart from £6.00 on Monday for yoga.

Overall I am quite pleased with the lack of spending this month and I am just hoping I can carry on through February without spending too much so that we can maintain our savings and pay the big credit card bill.

Mr Mee has man flu _pale_ and is driving me mad .....he makes such a performance of being ill, draping himself around the house surrounded by all his medicine and tissues and speaking in his "ringing in sick" voice :mad: I can only manage about two days sympathy and that has now expired...... I might just have to put a pillow over his face while he is sleeping :eek:

The worse of it is that I think he might have passed it onto me as I now have a sore throat. I am trying to will it away though, I just haven't time to be ill :o
  • teapot2
    teapot2 Posts: 3,260 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Well done with not being too spendy over the month and hope you don't get the lurgy :eek:
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Busy_Mee1 wrote: »
    Mr Mee has man flu _pale_ and is driving me mad .....he makes such a performance of being ill, draping himself around the house surrounded by all his medicine and tissues and speaking in his "ringing in sick" voice :mad: I can only manage about two days sympathy and that has now expired...... I might just have to put a pillow over his face while he is sleeping :eek:

The worse of it is that I think he might have passed it onto me as I now have a sore throat. I am trying to will it away though, I just haven't time to be ill :o

That is what did for me - it makes me think he possibly was more ill than his credit-rating ran to with me - I have only returned to the land of the living in the last 24 hours. I seem to have a new measure - it is my tolerance for banal daytime TV dramas. I had watched something every afternoon this week but yesterday it was back to being dull and predictable so I am obviously on the mend. I hope yours hasn't got what I have just had. Seriously, what a way to finish work!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure