great last min deals to lapland

Comments

• curtlyb
    curtlyb Posts: 676 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    FluffyFiFi wrote: »
    Our's are 11 and 9, the youngest is a girl. They will no doubt be showing us how to do it but as you say it will be a laugh. We are going to do the Husky Ride, the Reindeer Sleigh and probably the horse riding as daughter is mad about horses. Looking on the Levi website it seems a lot cheaper to pay for it once there.

After trawling the internet review we've booked the Aurora Santa trip on snowmobiles(dad thing)/reindeer ride because it was recommended by 'the experts' over on Tripadvisor, we've also booked the Inghams Super Husky safari as, again, this was recommended and can seemingly get busy, it was also one of the few trips that was cheaper/better value than booking in resort.
    A nice lady at the ski-school also said to wait until the welcome meeting to book the skiing as it's the same price but Inghams customers get free kids equipment (skis/boots etc)

Can't wait now :D
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Our's are 11 and 9, the youngest is a girl. They will no doubt be showing us how to do it but as you say it will be a laugh. We are going to do the Husky Ride, the Reindeer Sleigh and probably the horse riding as daughter is mad about horses. Looking on the Levi website it seems a lot cheaper to pay for it once there.

FluffyFiFi, could you point me in the direction of these cheaper trips please. Everything I look at is really expensive!!
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Doozergirl wrote: »
    FluffyFiFi, could you point me in the direction of these cheaper trips please. Everything I look at is really expensive!!

Hi Doozergirl, if you go to the Levi.Fi home page and click on the events button and then on the programmes for december 2007 and there are a list of trips that you can do. I've copied the details for the dogs

Dog sled ride from Lappish Tepee
    Program starts from Immellompolo Lappish tepee and includes a 1,5 km ride in the dog sled, hot juice or coffee and a gingerbread cookie by open fire in the Lappish tepee . Price: 20 € / adults, 13 € / children under 12 years old. Under 4 years old children free of charge. Price does not include transportation. Bookings beforehand to SnowRiders tel. +358 40 8449 019 or Levi Tourist Information tel. +358 16 639 3300.

Program is available from 1st December until 31st December on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 am.-3 pm.

Husky trip in Christmas forest
    Price: 40 €/adult, 25 €/child under 12 years old. Program contains 2 km husky sled ride sitting in the sleigh, varm drink (coffee, tee or warm Christmas drink). Elf will introduce you to arctic vehicles, lifes of the huskies, reindeer and to dog wolfs and puppies. Minimum 4 persons. Bookings beforehand to Levi Husky Park (Polar Speed Tours), tel. +358 (0) 40 570 6572 or Levi Tourist Information Office, tel. +358 (0) 16 639 3300.

Mini sleigh ride with huskies
    Mini sleigh ride takes place in Levi centre. Price: 10 €/adult, 5 €/child, children under 2 years old free of charge. Price includes mini sleigh ride sitting in the sleigh. You can do your bookings beforehand to Levi Tourist information Office tel. +358 (0) 16 639 3300 or on location to Polar Speed Tours.

Program is available from 1st December until 15th January on Tuesdays at 4 pm.-6 pm.

Hope this helps.

• curtlyb wrote: »
    After trawling the internet review we've booked the Aurora Santa trip on snowmobiles(dad thing)/reindeer ride because it was recommended by 'the experts' over on Tripadvisor, we've also booked the Inghams Super Husky safari as, again, this was recommended and can seemingly get busy, it was also one of the few trips that was cheaper/better value than booking in resort.
    A nice lady at the ski-school also said to wait until the welcome meeting to book the skiing as it's the same price but Inghams customers get free kids equipment (skis/boots etc)

Can't wait now :D

Hi Curtlyb, Can you tell me how I can find out about Aurora as I think this would be great for dh and I can't find anything for Aurora apart from a company in Sweden.
  • curtlyb
    Hi Curtlyb, Can you tell me how I can find out about Aurora as I think this would be great for dh and I can't find anything for Aurora apart from a company in Sweden.

http://www.levi.fi/aurorasafaris/english/index.htm
    I emailed them through the contact page and they we're really good with information, worked out at £150 for four of us but that gives you 25km of snowmobiling !!!!!! :shocked: + reindeer ride + santa + refreshments

The Inghams Husky rides (same company as on the Levi site) are:-
    40euros for the mini safari - 2km (discounts for kids)
    87euros for the super safari - 12km (discounts for kids)

We've gone for the super one because you get to drive your own pack of dogs.............mush mush !!! :rolleyes:
  • shop-to-drop
    shop-to-drop Posts: 4,340 Forumite
    Woohoo!
    :j
    1 month to go, for those of us going on the 9th December. Got my tickets today too.

So thats one month to diet and get fit for skiing. One month to get all the gear and pack. One month to arrange insurance and trips and travel arrangements etc.

One month to get Xmas sorted I don't want to be in a blind panic on return.

Daunting but exciting. :D
    :j Trytryagain FLYLADY - SAYE £700 each month Premium Bonds £713 Mortgage Was £100,000@20/6/08 now zilch 21/4/15:beer: WTL - 52 (I'll do it 4 MUM)
  • lynn44
    lynn44 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Got mine too :)
    I would love to be a Travel Agent :j
  • Got my tickets too! I'm going on the 2nd so only three weeks to go for me.
  • curtlyb
    got ours to, it'll be the first time i've used bag tags for about 25 years !!!! .... didn't think they used them any more :cool:
  • They sent us 12 tags - how much luggage to they expect us to take. I was hoping to get away with just the two cases.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure