Usefulness of noddle

Options
I signed up to noddle last year and been checking it every so often, but they are always 2 months behind on reporting stuff..

If I ordered a statutory report from the other 2 how up to date will they be? e.g. I opened a flexaccount with nationwide to get the new ISA, but it isn't showing on noddle yet.

hsbc seems to report at the end of the month, santander reports in the middle - is this the same for all 3 agencies?

Also what extra information would experian/equifax have that is not reported to noddle?

Comments

• Cell
    Cell Posts: 580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You only get one update a month on Noddle, explained by them as follows:

Your Noddle credit report is refreshed every 30 days so any changes and updates that take place in the interim period will be reflected in your next monthly update. Also, it is important to understand that your credit report is not updated on a strictly monthly basis; rather it is refreshed for a 30 day period from the date at which you access your account after the previous 30 day period. For example:

Day 1: login for first time and your new credit report is generated.

Day 2-29: login at any point and the same credit report is shown.

Day 30+: login and your credit report is updated, your new report is shown.

This date (For example a week after the 30 days, so day 37) then becomes Day 1.

It’s worth noting that, even if your Noddle report hasn’t been refreshed the main database will be updated as soon as we’re made aware of any changes. Therefore, if any searches are made on your file, lenders will see the most up to date information we have.
  • Stereo
    Stereo Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    I have never used noddle so I'm not sure about what other info experian/equifax carry.

The CRA's generally are anywhere up to a month behind, although it can be anywhere up to 2 months in some cases. They won't be bang up-to-date because of administration and delays in reports being generated.

EDIT - As pointed out by Cell above. Posted as I was typing this =p
    Capital One Classic Extra £2,450 [06-2012]
    Barclaycard Platinum £5,200 [08-2015]
    Lloyds Bank Platinum £750 [11-2015]

• Cell
    Options
    I ought to clarify that my post related to Noddle only. Other CRAs will update as and when new information is provided by lenders.

Noddle, which is free, will only update per the explanation above, regardless of what lenders submit to the parent company, Call Credit.
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    Cell wrote: »
    You only get one update a month on Noddle, explained by them as follows:

oh really? I just get a new one every time i log in even if it's less than one month... but i haven't been checking it frequently enough to find out the exact dates when things update.
    Stereo wrote:
    I have never used noddle so I'm not sure about what other info experian/equifax carry.

well for example, hsbc seems to report my exact balance at the starting midnight of every 1st of the month, plus my OD / CC limits. and utility bills only show a "paid" marker

Since no banks actually seem to use noddle, I guess experian would have details about who has been searching my file, but I was wondering if they know anything else about me.

would appreciate anyone else who has any info to share!
  • Cell
    Options
    Noddle is part of Call Credit, one of the three agencies (though the least used, it seems).

So no, banks wouldn't use Noddle. It's a consumer promotion by Call Credit.
  • zerog
    Options
    OK yeah that's what I meant, no banks seem to search Call Credit, I know I have far too many searches this year but noddle shows 0.
  • Cell
    Options
    Funnily enough Noddle has a complete picture of me, which neither Experian nor Equifax can match individually!
  • Stereo
    Stereo Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    From what I know although most lenders search Experian / Equifax, most of them report to all three CRA's.
    Capital One Classic Extra £2,450 [06-2012]
    Barclaycard Platinum £5,200 [08-2015]
    Lloyds Bank Platinum £750 [11-2015]

• Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    When Noddle was new, we had to signup to Call Credit first to get an account. I notice my free account at Call Credit still works and I can ask for a credit report whenever I want. Anyone else still get this? The noddle report seems quite useless in comparison.
  • zerog
    Options
    Gromitt wrote: »
    When Noddle was new, we had to signup to Call Credit first to get an account. I notice my free account at Call Credit still works and I can ask for a credit report whenever I want. Anyone else still get this? The noddle report seems quite useless in comparison.

Oh! I've just realised the difference between call credit and noddle... :embarasse I've been using call credit all along and thought the noddle site was just to get the vouchers and credit card recommendations etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure