Credit Card Freebies Article Discussion Area

Comments

• qaz
    qaz Posts: 63 Forumite
    teeb wrote:
    Amazon would send the £15 voucher to your email. As the voucher for amazon is just a however-many-digit code to enter, it's emailed as that's quicker / more convenient / cheaper.

YES...BUT WHY WOUKLD THEY REFUSE TO RESEND IT..MARK
  • qaz
    qaz Posts: 63 Forumite
    heres a cheap trick....if you spend an amount [for the usa flight deal] does the cc company get funny if u obtain a refund on the goods or does it still count towards the £1000
  • MSE_Dan wrote:
    articlealert.gif

This thread is specifically to discuss the content of the

Credit Card Freebies Article

To discuss or ask a question about the article: click reply

What to do

If you've spotted a new credit card freebie then please reply to this and tell us about it.

If you only have basic details of the freebie, great! Please tell us! However if you know then please include:
    • What the freebie is?
    • What you need do to qualify for it?
    • Is it generally available or only through a special link?
    • Any idea how long it's available for?
    • Any details on the interest rate of the card?

Instead of spending £1000.00 in order to get a free flight, to go to Toronto, go to canadian-affair.com and you will get at least three people to Toronto for £1000.00 including taxes
  • koru
    koru Posts: 1,494
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Iluvorkney wrote:
    Instead of spending £1000.00 in order to get a free flight, to go to Toronto, go to canadian-affair.com and you will get at least three people to Toronto for £1000.00 including taxes
    You are missing the point. With the cards in Martin's article, you spend £1000 on other things - you buy whatever you would normally buy with a credit card. You get the airmiles FREE (other than the fact that if you had used a different card you might have got a different freebie, such as cashback). Free is a lot better than paying £1000 for 3 flights.

If you want to recommend a site that has cheap flights, post in the Travel board.
    koru
  • Citibank offer a range of cards on their site :

http://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/cards/

I reckon the Platinum Mastercard sounds good - spend £500 quid before Xmas and you get a £50 voucher in the New Year, plus 0.5% cashback kicks in on Jan 1st.

Anybody spot any catches with this one?
  • bergeroo
    bergeroo Posts: 50 Forumite
    Great article!

OK I want to go to Vegas to I think the BMI card is the best bet for me. They fly to Vegas from Manchester and I can also use the points to fly on Virgin Atlantic.

One question I have is - On their points website there is a table - And you can only appear to be able to pay entirely for a flight with your points or spend half the points requirement and top the other half up with cash (eg 25000 + £140) - Does anyone know if there are any other combinations you can use - eg 20,000 plus cash - or will I have to earn another 5000 points to fly to North America?

Thanks!
  • Cool freebies,

Im interested in transferring a balance from capitalone classic visa card to Sonycard, for the free mp3 player.

Question: I'm moving home soon (within 2 weeks) would it be best to sign up with my current address or my new address being that it's a brand new building with a new postcode.

Thanks
  • shareef
    shareef Posts: 288 Forumite
    Im after the free mp3 player, isit just as simple as buying something for a pound, paying the bill and then simply cancelling the card. Is tehre a year contract for the card or not?
  • I looked in their Terms & Conditions https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/UKCCapp/Ctl/link?eid=3E39D3DF and it doesn't mention a cancellation charge. I think I'm gonna go for this one. anyone else done it already?

10 Ending this agreement
    10a We may end this agreement at any time if we write to you first to tell you that we are doing so. If we have a valid reason, we may end the agreement immediately and write to you as soon as we can afterwards, to tell you why we have done so.
    10b If we end this agreement, you must cut up all cards and unused cheques. If we ask, you must also return them to us.
    10c You may end this agreement at any time by contacting us and cutting up all cards and unused cheques.
    10d After this agreement ends, you will still be personally liable to pay all amounts which are due (or may become due) to us under this agreement.
    10e If you end this agreement, we will cancel any Payment Protection Cover you have taken through us for this agreement.

take care
    FF
  • shareef wrote:
    Im after the free mp3 player, isit just as simple as buying something for a pound, paying the bill and then simply cancelling the card. Is tehre a year contract for the card or not?

First you've got to get the card...

I applied and I received a letter this morning saying I had been declined, this despite my excellent credit record/rating.

There is mention in the letter that previous history on MBNA (the issuer) cards has been taken into account.

I've used previous 0% balance transfer offers from MBNA and then cancelled the cards as soon as the intro. period is over.

I also stated on the application form that I did not want to make a balance transfer.

I guess they added it all up and guessed I was only going to buy a MARS Bar and then claim the MP3 player!

You know what they were right!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport