Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • z1a
    • By z1a 22nd Oct 19, 7:34 PM
    • 2,379Posts
    • 2,441Thanks
    z1a
    0 WOW
    Rooms at103 London?
    • 22nd Oct 19, 7:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Rooms at103 London? 22nd Oct 19 at 7:34 PM
    Thinking of spending a few nights in London at New Year without breaking the bank.
    Will spend very little time in hotel, so as long as it's clean and fairly central it'll do.
    Searching on Hotels.com I came across Rooms at103 in Whitechapel. Supposedly 3*. but way too cheap IMO. No reviews on Tripadvisor.
    Worth a punt, or is it like Bates' motel?
    Anybody aware of the place?

TIA for any replies.
Page 1
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 22nd Oct 19, 7:43 PM
    • 13,633 Posts
    • 16,707 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 22nd Oct 19, 7:43 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 7:43 PM
    It's certainly not "central". It's in a back street in Whitechapel/Stepney around half a mile from a choice of 2 tube stations.
    I'm a Board Guide on the The Money Savers Arms, Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there.

Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 22nd Oct 19, 8:20 PM
    • 13,774 Posts
    • 9,486 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:20 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:20 PM
    It's certainly not "central". It's in a back street in Whitechapel/Stepney around half a mile from a choice of 2 tube stations.
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    And OP you may get more help on the correct board. Ask the board guide to move it for you.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 22nd Oct 19, 8:28 PM
    • 13,633 Posts
    • 16,707 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:28 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:28 PM
    Moved to UK Holidays.
    I'm a Board Guide on the The Money Savers Arms, Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there.

Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 22nd Oct 19, 8:31 PM
    • 12,312 Posts
    • 32,846 Thanks
    suki1964
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:31 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 8:31 PM
    Reading reviews, I would rather sleep rough under Westminster Bridge

Depending on when you are actually going, you can get a Premier Inn room for 35 a night
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • z1a
    • By z1a 22nd Oct 19, 9:01 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    z1a
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:01 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:01 PM
    And OP you may get more help on the correct board. Ask the board guide to move it for you.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Apologies, posted in a rush.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 22nd Oct 19, 9:02 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    z1a
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:02 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:02 PM
    Reading reviews, I would rather sleep rough under Westminster Bridge

Depending on when you are actually going, you can get a Premier Inn room for 35 a night
    Originally posted by suki1964
    Premier Inns in centralish London are showing at 300+ a night for 4 of us covering NY period.
    Last edited by z1a; 22-10-2019 at 10:41 PM.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 22nd Oct 19, 9:04 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    z1a
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:04 PM
    • 22nd Oct 19, 9:04 PM
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    Near enough, nothing we want to see is more than an hours walk, which is fine.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 23rd Oct 19, 2:08 AM
    • 12,312 Posts
    • 32,846 Thanks
    suki1964
    • 23rd Oct 19, 2:08 AM
    • 23rd Oct 19, 2:08 AM
    Premier Inns in centralish London are showing at 300+ a night for 4 of us covering NY period.
    Originally posted by z1a
    I put dates in for a few days after and Kew was coming up at 35 for a double

Kew is on the district line, its not long into London

Thing is, NYE and Day are going to be MEGA expensive what with the fireworks and the Parades
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • z1a
    • By z1a 23rd Oct 19, 6:47 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    z1a
    I put dates in for a few days after and Kew was coming up at 35 for a double

Kew is on the district line, its not long into London

Thing is, NYE and Day are going to be MEGA expensive what with the fireworks and the Parades
    Yep, I know. Fireworks were mainly for Wife, although
    we all enjoy them.
    Main reasons were the Zoo & Natural history museum & a general wander around, so we've decided to skip NY & go a bit before or later.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 23rd Oct 19, 7:52 PM
    • 12,312 Posts
    • 32,846 Thanks
    suki1964
    Firework display is sold out anyways and you get a better view on the TV without the crush and the hassle of getting back to your digs

If you can get Kew, then the National History and Science and the Albert and Victoria Museums are all at South Ken, which is on the same line. From there its just a hop up the road to Knightsbridge and then Buckingham Palace , up the Mall to Trafalger Square, onwards to Leicester Sq etc etc etc

The dates between the 2nd and the 5th of Jan would be great for sightseeing as most of London workers will be on holidays so the tubes won't be so packed
    • z1a
    • By z1a 23rd Oct 19, 8:25 PM
    • 2,379 Posts
    • 2,441 Thanks
    z1a
    Firework display is sold out anyways and you get a better view on the TV without the crush and the hassle of getting back to your digs

If you can get Kew, then the National History and Science and the Albert and Victoria Museums are all at South Ken, which is on the same line. From there its just a hop up the road to Knightsbridge and then Buckingham Palace , up the Mall to Trafalger Square, onwards to Leicester Sq etc etc etc

The dates between the 2nd and the 5th of Jan would be great for sightseeing as most of London workers will be on holidays so the tubes won't be so packed
    Thanks for useful info. Probably be going for a weekend in Nov. don't want to use too many holiday days at work.
    Not bothered about paying a reasonable price for a couple of nights, but I just wasn't prepared to pay c1k for 3 nights.
    We've booked and paid for 2 weeks in Canaries in August for not much more than double that for all 4 of us!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,391Posts Today

8,360Users online

Martin's Twitter