Flight delay compensation, all other non-EU airlines

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    you should have said 'no', they may have increased the offer or more likely someone else would have volunteered for the offered amount
    If you were involuntarily bumped then the quoted figures would apply
  • I made a claim against US Airways for a severely-delayed flight in 2011 from Manchester to Greenville SC. The airline initially offered $200 for myself and my wife in e-travel vouchers (with US Airways!), which I of course rejected. After a couple of other unhelpful responses I sent all the details to the CAA for appraisal. They came back to me on 9th August informing me that my claim does fall within the scope of Regulation EC261/2004 and recent EU case law, and that they had referred the complaint back to US Airways for re-assessment, and as a result were unable to enter into further correspondence on the issue at this stage as my complaint is now with the airline for reassessment.. Since then I have heard nothing from US Airways.

What is my next step, and if I go down the "no win, no fee" route, what sort of "fee" can I expect to pay?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Marlon69 wrote: »
    I made a claim against US Airways for a severely-delayed flight in 2011 from Manchester to Greenville SC. The airline initially offered $200 for myself and my wife in e-travel vouchers (with US Airways!), which I of course rejected. After a couple of other unhelpful responses I sent all the details to the CAA for appraisal. They came back to me on 9th August informing me that my claim does fall within the scope of Regulation EC261/2004 and recent EU case law, and that they had referred the complaint back to US Airways for re-assessment, and as a result were unable to enter into further correspondence on the issue at this stage as my complaint is now with the airline for reassessment.. Since then I have heard nothing from US Airways.

What is my next step, and if I go down the "no win, no fee" route, what sort of "fee" can I expect to pay?

I wouldn't be surprised that AA are ignoring the CAA. They have no power of enforcement. You will need to initiate legal action, either yourself or through a NWNF company. The latter will take about 30% of your award.
  • Messa
    Messa Posts: 66 Forumite
    jezza67 wrote: »
    Hi

We flew home from Bangkok last year with BA and were told that the flight was over sold. They were looking for volunteers and we agreed.

They put us up in a hotel, compensated us £250 each and putuus on the same flight 24 hours later.

Are we entitled to claim extra compensation as the amount they offered uswwas below the guideline amount.

Thanks

For comparison we were bumped off an Emirates flight 2 weeks ago from Dubai to Manchester, we were taken by limo to a hotel where we had two rooms with free food and drinks until the next flight 12 hours later, but we also received four free return ticket vouchers to Dubai to be used within 12 months. I think this was because we said no originally when asked to drop to the next flight.
    There are 10 types of people who understand binary, those that do and those that don't !
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Messa wrote: »
    For comparison we were bumped off an Emirates flight 2 weeks ago from Dubai to Manchester, we were taken by limo to a hotel where we had two rooms with free food and drinks until the next flight 12 hours later, but we also received four free return ticket vouchers to Dubai to be used within 12 months. I think this was because we said no originally when asked to drop to the next flight.

Now that's customer service!

And Jezza you're a cheeky wotsit!
  • Hi all,

Just after some advice.

I landed in maldives over three hours late. My emirates flight from gatwick was delayed by an hour due to "operational reasons" resulted in missing my connecting flight. Emirates gave me 15k skywards points which was just about enough for me to buy a pen from the emirates online shop. I wrote back to express my discontent but they didn't change their stance.

What can i do?

Thanks in advance.

Shah
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • My honeymoon flight is from Manchester - Singapore - Bali.

The stop over in Singapore was 2 hours but I've just been told that the stop over has just been changed to 10 hours. This mean we arrive in Bali at 10pm rather than 2pm, reducing our honeymoon by half a day.

Whilst Singapore is an amazing airport and there's plenty to do, there's a reason we picked Bali instead of Singapore airport.

Does this come under the compensation for delay ruling? If so, do we take this up with Singapore airlines even though we booked through Trailfinders.

Any help is appreciated. (We leave in 6 days and we have just been told about this today. Not what we needed with 4 days before our wedding).
  • Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • Hi Moto2 thanks for the reply.

We already have an 8 hour stop over in singapore on the way back so we'd planned to do this on the way back, which is why an extra 10 hours on the way out is a bit of a waste.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback