Face Cream!

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    donnac2558 wrote: »
    I cannot use cheap unfortunately, mild roseaca does not like thick creams which are petroleum based.
    Ah, the curse of the Celts! Rosacea really is bad luck, but at least yours is mild. Also a big advantage of being female is that cosmetic coverage is acceptable! Something like MAC Studiofix Powder gives excellent coverage without aggravating oily skin conditions. I live in paranoia of getting rosacea on the tip of my nose! Hasn't happened yet, just a personal obsession.

To my shame, I ordered a microdermabrasion kit online at the start of the month, it arrived within 48hrs....and I haven't used it yet :o . That surely has to rate as a big waste of money?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Ah, the curse of the Celts! Rosacea really is bad luck, but at least yours is mild. Also a big advantage of being female is that cosmetic coverage is acceptable! Something like MAC Studiofix Powder gives excellent coverage without aggravating oily skin conditions. I live in paranoia of getting rosacea on the tip of my nose! Hasn't happened yet, just a personal obsession.

To my shame, I ordered a microdermabrasion kit online at the start of the month, it arrived within 48hrs....and I haven't used it yet :o . That surely has to rate as a big waste of money?

Earlier this year I was stupid and used something which meant 6 month course of antibiotics!!! I try not to mess now.
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2015 at 2:14PM
    Options
    Can I just point out that this thread was never created by me to be placed in this forum area at all! I am not at all happy about it being moved into this forum and I have requested that it is moved back to the Old Style Money Saving Area, which was where it was originally placed and created by me.

I would therefore be grateful if someone could get this thread moved back to it's original position - thank you.
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Rainy-Days wrote: »
    Can I just point out that this thread was never created by me to be placed in this forum area at all! I am not at all happy about it being moved into this forum and I have requested that it is moved back to the Old Style Money Saving Area, which was where it was originally placed and created by me.

I would therefore be grateful if someone could get this thread moved back to it's original position - thank you.

I have only got online now am replying to your PM
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• ravilious_fan
    Options
    My great-grandmother, my grandmother, my mum and me all use(d) boots cold cream. I hope they don't stop making it.
    sealed pot challenge 9 #004
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    My mother and her mother before her only ever used Nivea and they had fantastic skin. Too many chemicals in skin products these days. Topical creams have absolutely no effect on wrinkles etc. But slapping on daily chemicals does.

It's all about lifestyle and genetics but neither of those will pay big bucks to the beauty industry :rotfl:
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    Is this A&E cream suitable for all skin types? I'm looking for a moisturiser that doesn't clog pores.

My mum bought me the Clinique Sonic Cleansing Brush. It comes with a 3 step system, but the moisturiser is only 30ml size and I can't afford the full size version.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Whats A&E cream?
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    This is a great thread. I always buy moisturiser on offer or cheaply. I wouldn't pay more than £3 for a bottle or tub of moisturiser. Expensive doesn't always mean better. For instance when it comes to medicine, some people will pay more for a certain brand like Nurofen but not buy a cheaper supermarket version when in fact the products are identical and the active ingredients are the same. This is just the power of a brand name and marketing. A good tip is to look at the label on your tub of cleanser and see what the active ingredients are. If you look carefully, a cheaper cream will have the same ingredients. I also save money by using coconut oil on everything (I will be using it more once I use up all my current bottles) and using olive oil as shaving gel (it is very effective). All moisturisers are pretty much the same so it's worth buying a cheap moisturiser and investing slightly more in a serum.

Also Joanna Lumley once said in an interview that she swears by Astral Cream. Doesn't she look great?
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • tanya2014
    tanya2014 Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am sorry I do not agree!
    I do not buy really expensive face creams and I know that some are made
    from the same factories but Astral and E45 bring me out in hives and sores and
    Nivea and Simple simply do not work!
    I am a big fan of the Loreal Revitalift Range (particularly the Age Perfect Range
    It is often on offer to around £8 usually £12.
    It has made a real difference to my sagging menopausal skin and I always use a serum underneath.
    Loreal is part of Lancome so you get all the expertise for a fraction of the price!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure