IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones uk car park management ltd defence stage.

J88rdy
J88rdy Posts: 32 Forumite
First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 10 October 2017 at 9:19PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Evening all, last summer my vehicle was parked on a local pub car park, which has been used by locals for years to pop to the shops etc, with seemingly no issue. 1 day they unbeknown to me started issuing tickets and my car happened to receive one.

Now foolishly I ignored all correspondence . I know now that's silly and will learn from that. Anyway I've now had a claim form for 248 quid which I have acknowledged and intend to fight.

My argument is based on appalling signage and the wording of the sign being very contradicting . Any advice will be greatly appreciated .

I will link to my drop box soon for image of sign. ww.dropbox.com/sc/sntc8xwax4qzhmh/AACeUpe5zT1xguzxKCY0weJKa

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 October 2017 at 7:58PM
    as you have an MCOL, please read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread, near the top of this forum

then draft your defence and post it on here for critique, based on similar defeances from THIS YEAR ONLY already posted on here by other members

there are plenty of UKCPM GLADSTONES threads you can look at for guidance, it crops up almost every day
  • J88rdy
    Ok thanks will look now. Wouldn't allow me to add a link so I took away a w from the www. If anyone is interested in seeing the sign. Cheers.
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    ww.dropbox.com/sc/sntc8xwax4qzhmh/AACeUpe5zT1xguzxKCY0weJKa
  • J88rdy
    Hi all just a quick one, researching for my defence and I saw someone had submitted a lite version of a defence based on a lack of particulars from gladstones, the court agreed and requested more from gladstones who missed the deadline and the case was thrown out. Is this something I could consider ?

Thanks.
  • Redx
    definitely, use any and all available ammo
  • J88rdy
    The POC in my claim are as follows.

The driver of vehicle registration xxxxx incurred the parking charge on (date) ,for breaching the terms of parking on the land (address)
    The defendant was driving the vehicle and/or is the keeper,
    And the claimant claims 160 for parking charges /damages etc etc

Is this a lack of POC ? Also if I went down that road and the court didn't agree with me then would the lite defence I send in be taken as my whole defence and thus shooting mYself in the foot?

Cheers.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    J88rdy wrote: »
    ... if I went down that road and the court didn't agree with me then would the lite defence I send in be taken as my whole defence and thus shooting mYself in the foot?

Yes it would.
  • J88rdy
    Thought so, would you say there is enough in the POC then so I couldn't claim I don't know exactly what I'm supposed to be defending .
  • Redx
    the POC is usually atrocious so as I said earlier, find a recently approved defence and adapt it and post it for critique

at the moment only you can see what your defence says , so post it

then it can be fine tuned

see todays claxtome thread so see ones that win
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills