Thanks for replying.
  • Josquin
    Josquin Posts: 99 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sorry meant

1.12 etc
  • dividendhero
    dividendhero Posts: 2,417 Forumite
    There's no doubt that the British economy is facing headwinds post Brexit, on top of this there's a group of politicians doing their level best to try trash the economy in order to line their own pockets - given all this, betting against the pound does seem a sound strategy
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    There's no doubt that the British economy is facing headwinds post Brexit, on top of this there's a group of politicians doing their level best to try trash the economy in order to line their own pockets - given all this, betting against the pound does seem a sound strategy

I would rather have my saving in well balanced global equities, gambling on which way a currency shifts is exactly that a gamble.
  • if you have a saving only in pounds then it is risky, always diversify your money.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I would rather have my saving in well balanced global equities, gambling on which way a currency shifts is exactly that a gamble.

Global equities are priced in local currencies. Something that needs to be considered before purchasing.
  • Glen_Clark
    Glen_Clark Posts: 4,397 Forumite
    Brexit affects the Euro as well as the Pound so the Euro is not the currency you should be measuring it by.
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” --Upton Sinclair
  • FatherAbraham
    FatherAbraham Posts: 1,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

There is also no doubt that this information is available to everyone, so it's likely to be already in the price, together with all other foreseeable possibilities.
    Thus the old Gentleman ended his Harangue. The People heard it, and approved the Doctrine, and immediately practised the Contrary, just as if it had been a common Sermon; for the Vendue opened ...
    THE WAY TO WEALTH, Benjamin Franklin, 1758 AD
  • dividendhero
    dividendhero Posts: 2,417 Forumite
    There is also no doubt that this information is available to everyone, so it's likely to be already in the price, together with all other foreseeable possibilities.

I do follow that point, but sterling has been declining against harder currencies like the Swiss Franc for decades, yes there's been ups & downs - but the trend is downwards.

If it was as simple as all the information already been baked into the price, then why do currencies like the Turkish Lira continually decline?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure