Debt Goals

Comments

• Good morning... the sun is shining :j

I had planned on being asleep but my cat had other ideas and I also forgot to turn off the alarm!

I want to spring clean but DH is still asleep so I don't want to disturb him so I thought I'd pop on.

I'm going to make a coffee now and then meal prep for the week. Had lots of good tips off the Love Food Hate Waste forum :D

I dont think i'll go shopping today as I really do want to "Hinch" my home but at least I'll be organised for tomorrow's food shopping trip.

I really want to go the garden centre and do paint shopping over the weekend but I can't as I have no money to spend there and I just need to get over it... maybe I can "window" shop and plan for when I can afford to spend on the home. I love looking at interiors :)

Back to today....

DH plans to clean the guttering - he's been waiting for dry weather and now he has got it :rotfl:

I hope everyone has a lovely day no matter what plans you have x
  • takingcontrolatlast
    takingcontrolatlast Posts: 714 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2019 at 9:44AM
    Where has the weekend gone? Well it's not over yet.. but still.. it has flew by!

I have absolutely "hinched" my home from top to bottom... still got a few more jobs to do today (including ironing :() I'm also going to be making a batch of chilli for the freezer.

I've got to visit family and friends this afternoon so it will be a busy day.

I didn't manage to save anything from shopping this week but that's the way things go.. I don't expect to cut back every week. I did have some expensive items (I had to buy a new oven tray) and shampoo... crikey I find that expensive and hate buying it! But I did get a few yellow stickers as well :)

I love the Love Food Hate Waste Forum :T

Realistically I don't think I'm going to manage to hit the full target in obtaining my deficit on the car insurance. I don't have anything to sell. But on a positive, I do have what I have saved to put towards it - which is an achievement. I do have another week before the DD comes out and if I have NSDs this week I may be able to put a bit more to it.

So May looms ....:eek:

I'm dreading it.

Gonna have to make the budgets work and I think i'm going to struggle on "getting current" on my next goal which is a loan. I have 2 payments left but I'm behind £150. I was hoping to catch up but whatever happens, the loan will all be paid by the last payment - end of May. Once all the "biggies" are out of the way in May - I shall concentrate on this.

Firstly - DD2 birthday. DH and I go half. We're also going out for tea. I have a weekly shop before the birthday so hope to make some savings to put towards the meal. No starter or pudding for me - which is a good thing :)

I can get through this... emphasises the point that I need to budget for birthdays... something I've never done. Once I'm on track "getting current" - I will review this in the budget as the birthdays ease off after May.

Enjoy BH Monday x
  • Stephbaker
    Stephbaker Posts: 11 Forumite
    Any better option for the same?
  • Stephbaker wrote: »
    Any better option for the same?

Hi Steph

Sorry can you explain a little further for me as I'm not sure what you are referring too :o x
  • DD2 birthday present and birthday card sorted :j

Savings made on the shopping today to contribute to the meal on Wednesday - just remembered need a cake!

DDs and SO due to go out over the next few days.

The 21st is on Saturday - that's the next hurdle!
  • Blast ! post never saved :mad:

Anyway, we had an unexpected guest for DD2 birthday meal - the meal cost just over £100 for 5 which included 2 starters, mains and drinks with a birthday cake thrown in. Good value for money!!

DH has saved for the trip to Barcelona so that is covered but I do feel guilty about the small contribution I'm making .. I'll make it up to him though.

Not shopping this week - just essentials - to keep expenses down.

It's the 21st tomorrow - DH will buy this present as "its his side"... I have 4 this month from "my side"... we do need to set up a birthday budget in going forward.

x
  • Ive taken most of the day to recover from the 21st :o

We're all packed and ready for the short trip.

The good news is a one off payment has been given to nhs staff B4 and below that was promised last year which I totally forgot about until the girls in the office reminded me - I waited till pay day though to be sure - think it was a cost of living payment. i also had a small rebate from the pension that i opted out of. This has taken the pressure off me for May as it has enabled me to sort the rest of the birthdays out for May, buy a few items of much needed clothes from Tesc*, buy a few Euros and also bring my loan up to date (£150)- I have one more payment end then this loan will be gone and the direct debit will be cancelled :j

Anyway, I'm going to enjoy my break and hopefully come back refreshed and ready to face the next challenge.

Enjoy the bank holiday x
  • takingcontrolatlast
    takingcontrolatlast Posts: 714 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2019 at 10:38AM
    Barcelona is such an amazing city - lots to see - architecture is amazing!

Its very busy and I've realised I'm not a city girl - myself and DH kept getting lost!

Many thanks to our DDs for the amazing opportunity :j

Back to reality!

This diary is working for me.. in that I putting "pen to paper" which is reminding me of what my goal is... making me accountable!

Previously I did manage to save towards my deficit on car insurance (this is now up to date), and whilst I am "on top of birthdays" due to the cost of living rise etc, and have managed to get current with my loan, it is now on to my next challenge (this is how I like to describe my debts)!

As I'm current with paying my bills, I did want my next challenge to be a £1000 Emergency Fund, however, I do need to pay back a family member this amount by end of August at the latest... so this is my next challenge.:eek:

I'm about to meal plan for the week before my weekly shop and lets see if I can make any savings towards my new challenge.

Hopefully I have saved my signature correctly!
  • Testing updated signature!
  • I managed to make a saving of £17.95 on my shopping this week. I shopped in L*dle and Tesco. I was absolutely delighted with this saving and have rounded it up to £20 towards my next debt busting goal - signature updated :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure