Pip appointment.

Options
Hi, Had my letter today for my appointment, which was for next week, this would take 1 hour 38 mins on trains with two taxis one at each end, one being 5/10 mins another 10/15 mins. First one i could book, second one wouldn't know if one was available.

A cost of nearly 30 pounds and me leaving home at 06.40 am to get to my appointment in time.

With waiting and walking times my body would no cope.

As we know taxis are a no no, think taxi would be about 60 pounds

It would be just over one hour in a car 50 plus km,all info from internet.

So i phoned up for something nearer which they had and still for next week, less than half car travel time and less than 20 km.

So i booked that but then the lady said that i'm only allowed one appointment change and this is it.

Now as always you think of something to say after you hang up,i should had said i think it was unfair to use this as my one appointment change as i think the time and travelling distance was too far.

But its all done now, we see what happens next week.

Comments

• ev8
    ev8 Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had the exact same thing, I have a centre very near, but they sent me to one much further.

They changed my appointment but said that was the only time I could change it.

I did say how unfair it is, there are certain times where it is impossible for me to leave the house, and after all, these assessments are for disabled people, who are unable to get to things or may be in hospital or had a relapse etc.

But they benefit from these kind of rules, if we don't show up then they can stop our money, which is a win for them, and they won't change, even if you argue it's unfair in the first place for giving us an appointment further away.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The first appointment they give is very often computer generated, so it will give the first available appointment time.

Unfortunately, it does count as your first and only canceled appointment.

Good luck with the assessment.
    45002 Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dont forget you can claim for travel expenses, their should be a separate form enclosed with you PIP form to claim ...

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/your-assessment/

Good luck.....
    Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    45002 wrote: »
    Dont forget you can claim for travel expenses, their should be a separate form enclosed with you PIP form to claim ...

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/your-assessment/

Good luck.....
    If a taxi is needed then this isn't automatically refunded.
  • micky2phones
    micky2phones Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    The first appointment they give is very often computer generated, so it will give the first available appointment time.

Unfortunately, it does count as your first and only canceled appointment.

Good luck with the assessment.

Hi, thank you. I didn't know about the 1st one being computer generated
  • micky2phones
    Options
    ev8 wrote: »
    I had the exact same thing, I have a centre very near, but they sent me to one much further.

They changed my appointment but said that was the only time I could change it.

I did say how unfair it is, there are certain times where it is impossible for me to leave the house, and after all, these assessments are for disabled people, who are unable to get to things or may be in hospital or had a relapse etc.

But they benefit from these kind of rules, if we don't show up then they can stop our money, which is a win for them, and they won't change, even if you argue it's unfair in the first place for giving us an appointment further away.

Hi, its seems i'm not the only one then, to be fair if that's the way they work and its the same for everyone that's i'm ok.

Its when people get treated differently i object too.
  • micky2phones
    Options

Good luck.....

Hi, thank you. No form with my PIP form.

I can really only get there by taxi, and to make this happen i would need a Doctor's letter.

So in 4 days i need a Doctor's Appointment, the letter to be typed sent to me, than send to PIP, them to write back and agree mmmmm not going to happen lol

Think there's more chance of 6 wining number's on the Lotto for this Saturday and then next Wednesday and the Euro's on Friday.

Shame i don't do the lotto lol not really true i do it occasionally.
    45002 Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, thank you. No form with my PIP form.

I can really only get there by taxi, and to make this happen i would need a Doctor's letter.

So in 4 days i need a Doctor's Appointment, the letter to be typed sent to me, than send to PIP, them to write back and agree mmmmm not going to happen lol

Think there's more chance of 6 wining number's on the Lotto for this Saturday and then next Wednesday and the Euro's on Friday.

Shame i don't do the lotto lol not really true i do it occasionally.

atos https://www.mypipassessment.co.uk/your-assessment/travel-expenses/

capita http://www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/faqs/assessment-process.html

In some circumstances we can reimburse the cost of travelling by taxi. This is decided on a case-by-case basis and only applies where public transport isn’t available or where your health prevents you from travelling on local services.
    Advice given on Assured and Regulated Tenancy, Further advice should always be sought from a Solicitor....
  • micky2phones
    Options

Hi, thank you. its does state taxi expenses must be pre approved and provide a quote from a taxis firm.
  • micky2phones
    Options

Good luck.....

Hi, Have post today from PIP, it appears my letter i first had was a appointment reminder.

So today i now got as above expenses form, confirmation and travel instructions, which seems to involve walking about 2 miles.

Walking that far is just a memory now lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure