IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Well done on following the forum advice to always tackle the landowner, and getting the cancellation.
    Even when I was arguably in the wrong, the level of penalty levied is simply not justifiable.
    We feel that way too, but regrettably the Law Lords at The Supreme Court (in ParkingEye v Beavis) blew a big hole in the argument. No doubt the facilities manager agreed with you (and that’s all you needed), but it’s now a much tougher nut to crack in a legal sense since Beavis.

Great result. :T
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Please could you put your appeal letter on here....I cannot access template letter on my iPad. I also have a leaving site ticket and am sick with worry....many thanks in advance....
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Grumpyme wrote: »
    Please could you put your appeal letter on here....I cannot access template letter on my iPad. I also have a leaving site ticket and am sick with worry....many thanks in advance....
    Grumpy, of who are you asking that question?

That aside, you were given good advice a week ago:
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Grumpy ...... you want help then start your own thread, this thread is not yours
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,657 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 April 2019 at 8:11PM
    Grumpyme wrote: »
    Please could you put your appeal letter on here....I cannot access template letter on my iPad. I also have a leaving site ticket and am sick with worry....many thanks in advance....

You can CERTAINLY see the appeal template on an Ipad.

You can read the NEWBIES thread. The appeal is there; not a link that needs 'access'.

To get there, use Forum Jump, or the top breadcrumb trail mentioned in my signature below, and if you can see none of those, why not just Google the obvious words:

moneysavingexpert forums NEWBIES parking thread

It's the top Google result.

Come on, this is simple to find. Anyone can Google it if really stuck to hop around the forum (but it is FAR better if you learn how to hop around the forum!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I’m really sorry to invade someone else thread but I’m a newbie and the forum is not allowing me to open a new thread for whatever reason. I have just received 2 fines/ invoices from Smart Parking but I believe there will be at least 10 more on the way as Park there most days for an hour to go to the gym. The car park used to be owned by Lidl so I have parked there for the last 3 years no problem. Lidl closed down and is boarded up. I was not aware that in the last couple of weeks Smart parking has appeared with a small sign on the entrance and one parking meter. Each fine is for 60 pounds and I’m expecting another 8 to arrive by post. The person that was driving the car has only just passed us test and still in education and 17 years old and really upset about this. Any help would be appreciated.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Niclox1 wrote: »
    I’m really sorry to invade someone else thread but I’m a newbie and the forum is not allowing me to open a new thread for whatever reason.
    This forum is not stopping you opening a new thread for any reason.

From time to time mobile telephone users do report having difficulty starting a new thread. This seems to be a feature, or restriction, of your device.

To start a new thread, click on this blue button:
    newthread.gif
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,657 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Anyone using a mobile phone to have a quick look at this forum hoping that's good enough, needs to put the phone down and get on a laptop/PC to view the forum properly.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Hi there I’m a newbie sorry I don’t know how to post a new thread! I’m not sure if I’m in the right place I used a McDonald’s in Weston on the 21st April and I’ve had a letter from ukpc saying I have to pay £60.00 because I shouldn’t have parked in the McDonald’s. Do I have to pay this or can I ignore it. Thanks
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    hi, and welcome to the forum ........

there will be plenty for you to read up on ...

but first you need to start your own thread ....

go to the newbies thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

first and have a general read up

then visit the start page

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc

where you will find the 'new thread button '

Ralph:cool:
  • mandragora_2
    mandragora_2 Posts: 2,611 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 May 2019 at 5:52PM
    Very quick reply to say that about ten minutes ago I opened a letter from Highview Parking about an alleged overstay in a Tesco car park (first ever occasion!). I logged in to my Tesco club card account, checked how many points I'd accrued in recent years, worked out how much of spending that amounted to, then rang Customer Services. In conversation I explained reason for any perceived overstay, reminded them of my decades of custom. Customer service agent cancelled charge immediately. Time in total, from opening letter to getting cancellation - about 9 minutes.

I checked here before calling because I knew there'd be accurate info, lots of support and success stories to inspire me! Thanks to all who run this thread and those who contribute to it!
    Reason for edit? Can spell, can't type!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure