Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mcc19and64
    • By mcc19and64 12th Jun 19, 7:11 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    mcc19and64
    Northern Rock PPi - last chance saloon
    • 12th Jun 19, 7:11 PM
    Northern Rock PPi - last chance saloon 12th Jun 19 at 7:11 PM
    Folks Northern Rock have claimed they cannot find my details for a PPi claim (twice). I paid off a mortgage with them 3 months before they floated in 1997 and missed out on a 1400 bonus.

I don't have any paperwork relating to Mortgage/PPi agreement, the bank can't go back that far and neither can the solicitor I used for the sale.

PPi claims companies said no problem but NR so they can't find my details. Is there anything I can do or do I call it a day ...

Anyone had similar dealings with a positive outcome please let me know .TIA David
Page 1
    • societys child
    • By societys child 12th Jun 19, 7:39 PM
    • 6,273 Posts
    • 7,310 Thanks
    societys child
    • 12th Jun 19, 7:39 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 7:39 PM
    Call it a day . . .

• Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 12th Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    • 7,603 Posts
    • 4,836 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 12th Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 7:49 PM
    PPI companies are liars

They cannot find your data for you

It's not really surprising that a mortgage paid off TWENTY TWO YEARS AGO isn't still in the bank systems, let alone after a collapse, buyout and all the rest

Fair chance if you ever had PPI it wasn't sold by Northern Rock, but a separate provider like an IFA or broker or even with a third party insurer
    the concept of a United States of Europe is right. Winston Churchill 1930
    I think that the Government are right to apply to join the European Economic Community... -Winston Churchill 1961
    The future of Europe if Britain were to be excluded is black indeed.
    - Winston Churchill 1963
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Jun 19, 9:09 PM
    • 98,597 Posts
    • 67,021 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Jun 19, 9:09 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 9:09 PM
    Folks Northern Rock have claimed they cannot find my details for a PPi claim (twice). I paid off a mortgage with them 3 months before they floated in 1997 and missed out on a 1400 bonus.
    Most NR mortgages were put in place by brokers/estate agents/advisers. Was yours? That would explain why they cant find anything if it was.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 12th Jun 19, 9:18 PM
    • 23,004 Posts
    • 25,423 Thanks
    zx81
    • 12th Jun 19, 9:18 PM
    • 12th Jun 19, 9:18 PM
    PPi claims companies said no problem
    Originally posted by mcc19and64
    I think you need to be tough with the claims companies.

If they've told you it's no problem to find the data, you need to insist they find it. Phone them every day to see if they've found it yet.

If they can't find it, it means they've lied to you, but I don't believe that for a second.
    • The_squirrell
    • By The_squirrell 13th Jun 19, 7:16 AM
    • 81 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    The_squirrell
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:16 AM
    • 13th Jun 19, 7:16 AM
    I see more and more examples coming in from CMC's where the "complaints" are for mortgages closed more than 30 years ago. Its a sign that they are just trawling the bottom of the pond now before the PPI deadline.

Its the usual story. Enquire yourself and don't believe a word of what you are ever told by a CMC. Their concern is their profit.....not you!
    Last edited by The_squirrell; 13-06-2019 at 8:00 AM.
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

354Posts Today

6,058Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin