PPI Team

They are saying that we have to pay them 39% plus vat for a ppi claim they did for us earlier this year, however neither me or my hubby can remember seeing this figure anywhere in their paperwork (I’m pretty good at checking stuff like that out).
They have also sent us messages saying we will reduce your amount payable if you pay today /sending it to debt collectors/sending it to court.

Is there anything I can do to find out what we did sign up for and if we did sign up for that stupidly high rate slap on the hand and start paying it ? :A

Also does anyone have contact details for them as they only give us a phone number and due to hubbys job he can’t do calls
Email be preferable

Comments

• Ask them for a copy of the terms you agreed to.
  • Does anyone have an email contact for them ?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    What company is it?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,626
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    -taff wrote: »
    What company is it?

Guessing PPI Team given the subject but their website doesn't work at the moment and the cached bits on google won't show

OP - assuming it's "The PPI Team" then write a letter asking them, their address seems to be

Adamson House, Pomona Strand, Stretford, Manchester M16 0TT

That said if you signed up to use them you agreed to their fees
  • I have just had the same experience where the PPI team quoted 20% + VAT but then sent a settlement invoice of 39% + VAT.

I looked back and found the email where they had quoted me but since the website has been seemingly down for months, not much from their side.

What I did find however was that there was interim government legislation passed in July 2018 which capped the fees at 20% + VAT and when I wrote and made this point they immediately re-submitted the invoice showing the correct amount. See the Logician website - I cannot include their URL as links are unavailable to new users, but this is UK law so shouldn't be hard to find confirmation of.

All PPI companies should now be registered and regulated by the FCA so they also have some complaint guidelines.
  • Hi, Can anyone tell me if I started to reclaim today by contacting the banks and other institutions directly, if I still have time before the August 29th deadline or should I go through a broker?

regards
    Adrian
  • Hi, Can anyone tell me if I started to reclaim today by contacting the banks and other institutions directly, if I still have time before the August 29th deadline or should I go through a broker?

regards
    Adrian

Of course you still have time, as long as any enquiry is received by the bank by 29th August, they will investigate it. There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to use a Claims Management Company for many many reasons!
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • Of course you still have time, as long as any enquiry is received by the bank by 29th August, they will investigate it. There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to use a Claims Management Company for many many reasons!
    Thank you for this but I just realised I've used the Plevin route (using resolver tool) to claim for PPI. However, I noticed the email I sent the other day through resolver, states that it was for Commission only claim, although in the description I've put about claiming for all PPI payments. I haven't claimed before.

Was this wrong and should I have not used the Plevin route for a first time PPI claim?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Was this wrong and should I have not used the Plevin route for a first time PPI claim?
    You can complain about anything you want but, since Plevin only applies to rejected PPI complaints the sale of your PPI will be automatically investigated.

How could you make a complaint solely about Plevin?

Do you know for certain that undisclosed commission exceeded the 50% tipping point?

If not, your "complaint" was more of an enquiry...
  • You can complain about anything you want but, since Plevin only applies to rejected PPI complaints the sale of your PPI will be automatically investigated.

How could you make a complaint solely about Plevin?

Do you know for certain that undisclosed commission exceeded the 50% tipping point?

If not, your "complaint" was more of an enquiry...
    Thanks. No I was more trying the scattergun approach as I know I'm short on time. I was hoping that would be the case, that they would have to investigate the PPI claim anyway.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback