Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Head The Ball
    • By Head The Ball 5th Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    • 3,610Posts
    • 9,428Thanks
    Head The Ball
    0 WOW
    Does the 'Honey' browser extension work?
    • 5th Aug 18, 12:52 PM
    0 WOW
    Does the 'Honey' browser extension work? 5th Aug 18 at 12:52 PM
    I don't normally come to this forum so I apologise if this question has already been covered. I did search but found nothing.

Honey is a browser extension that claims to:

Honey automatically applies the best voucher code at checkout
    I have clicked on the 'Add Extension' button which brings up this warning.

It can read and change all your data on the websites that you visit.
    Before I proceed to add this extension, does anyone have any comments, positive or negative, or any warning about Honey doing more than just look for and apply discount vouchers?

It seems to get positive reviews and comments on google but I though I would ask you savvy people before proceeding.

Is it truly safe?

Is it effective?

Are there better alternatives?

Thanks
    Last edited by Head The Ball; 05-08-2018 at 12:54 PM.
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 5th Aug 18, 1:13 PM
    • 35,244 Posts
    • 41,295 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 5th Aug 18, 1:13 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 1:13 PM
    It's logging your every browsing action and search , if you are happy about that then go ahead

I wouldn't, personally
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 5th Aug 18, 1:15 PM
    • 35,244 Posts
    • 41,295 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 5th Aug 18, 1:15 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 1:15 PM
    And it's USA only at this time
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Esmondo
    • By Esmondo 5th Aug 18, 3:57 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Esmondo
    • 5th Aug 18, 3:57 PM
    • 5th Aug 18, 3:57 PM
    Hi, it's not USA-only, as I've used it in the UK successfully - it found me a 15% discount at Dorothy Perkins so I was more than happy. I think it has some additional features (such as reward programmes) that are still USA-only. But I guess if you aren't happy with the tracking part, it wouldn't be worthwhile for you!

Hope that helps
    • Dox
    • By Dox 7th Aug 18, 3:20 PM
    • 1,436 Posts
    • 1,065 Thanks
    Dox
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:20 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:20 PM
    Pouch might be a better idea: https://www.joinpouch.com
    • Esmondo
    • By Esmondo 7th Aug 18, 3:22 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Esmondo
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:22 PM
    • 7th Aug 18, 3:22 PM
    I love Pouch, it's very comprehensive, and faster to use than Honey.
    • Greensboro
    • By Greensboro 4th Jun 19, 11:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Greensboro
    • 4th Jun 19, 11:28 AM
    • 4th Jun 19, 11:28 AM
    I don't normally come to this forum so I apologise if this question has already been covered. I did search but found nothing.

Honey is a browser extension that claims to:

Honey automatically applies the best voucher code at checkout
    ”I have clicked on the 'Add Extension' button which brings up this warning.

It can read and change all your data on the websites that you visit.
    ”Before I proceed to add this extension, does anyone have any comments, positive or negative, or any warning about Honey doing more than just look for and apply discount vouchers?

It seems to get positive reviews and comments on google but I though I would ask you savvy people before proceeding.

Is it truly safe?

Is it effective?

Are there better alternatives?

Thanks
    Pardon for bumping, but this is still actual in 2019, no?

I wondered what success have you had with this as I'm about to make some large purchases of electronics and want to find the best discount app. Should I use Honey or just wait for black friday?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

405Posts Today

4,819Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted people are pushing @BorisJohnson on getting proper financial ed in schools. He says not enough resourc? https://t.co/c8Eb6BAwgU

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Follow Martin