Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • india
    • By india 28th Nov 07, 1:46 PM
    • 678Posts
    • 168Thanks
    india
    0 WOW
    Amazon Codes only thread (No Chat)
    • 28th Nov 07, 1:46 PM
    0 WOW
    Amazon Codes only thread (No Chat) 28th Nov 07 at 1:46 PM
    That are valid at the moment
Page 3
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Oct 08, 8:20 PM
    • 34,603 Posts
    • 21,890 Thanks
    DCFC79
    The free delivery obviously isnt off any items bought off the marketplace
    Last edited by DCFC79; 20-10-2008 at 8:22 PM.
  • jazzteddy
    10 % off shoes code
    There is a code for 10% off shoes at Amazon.

The code is ASHOES10.

It has worked for me 3 days ago.
    Last edited by jazzteddy; 11-11-2008 at 12:30 AM.
    • phebe3
    • By phebe3 14th Nov 08, 12:54 PM
    • 228 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    phebe3
    Hi..sorry...what do you mean do it though nectar and get points? I have a nextar card but didn't realise I could use it/go thru nectar and get more points. have been on nectar site but can't see amazon bit? Durhhhh!:confused:
    • sarah
    • By sarah 15th Nov 08, 7:59 PM
    • 174 Posts
    • 345 Thanks
    sarah
    If you go to Nectar Estores there's a huge list of all the retailers you can get nectar points from- Amazon is the first one
  • jazzteddy
    There is a 15% off shoes code, which is valid at Amazon until the 12th Dec, 2008. Have tried it today and it worked.

The code is SUGSHOES ,
    it will deduct 15 % from the price you pay, for shoes only.

Hope this helps someone.
  • random_one
    I gotta Amazon vat code
    was just about to place order with Amazon when i noticed a small banner with code to reclaim your 2.5% vat back before it comes into play on Monday -
    enter LOWERVAT at checkout, it worked for me!
    • claire21
    • By claire21 26th Nov 08, 2:22 PM
    • 32,476 Posts
    • 1,020,944 Thanks
    claire21
    T&C
    VAT Back--Get the New VAT Rate Now on Selected Consumer Electronics, Home & Garden and Toys

In celebration of the government reducing VAT to 15% from Monday 1st December, we here at Amazon.co.uk thought we would offer you that rate now on our amazing selection of Consumer Electronics, Home & Garden, Toys and more.
    Simply click on the links below for eligible items and browse our range of top-brands.

How to claim
    To receive this offer:
    1. Select an eligible Amazon.co.uk item from the categories below, and add to basket
    2. Enter promo code LOWERVAT in the promo code box at checkout
    3. A discount of 2.13% will then be applied to the item(s) you selected
    This offer excludes items bought from sellers other than Amazon.co.uk.
    Why a 2.13% discount and not 2.5%?

A perfectly reasonable question, with a slightly complicated answer, so we'll do our best to explain. The current VAT rate is 17.5%
    The new VAT rate, from Monday 1st December 2008 will be 15%.

As an example this means:
    - A product selling for 10 has a price excluding VAT @ 17.5% of 8.51
    - If you apply the new VAT rate of 15% to the price excluding VAT (8.51), it gives the new price of 9.79
    - The new VAT rate equates to a saving of 0.21 (10 - 9.79 = 0.21)
    - This equals the same as taking 2.13% (or 21p) off the original 10 price
  • moppet_217
    Amazon reduced Vat code
    Amazon are passing the cut on.

You can get the reduced Vat rate now Enter promo code LOWERVAT in the promo code box at checkout
    • butterfly72
    • By butterfly72 27th Nov 08, 9:05 PM
    • 1,208 Posts
    • 1,144 Thanks
    butterfly72
    I don't know any codes but do buy through Pigsback cashback. TBH I hardly use Pigsback now, as they don't have many click throughs anymore and I find the cashback a bit poor compared to say, quidco. But I have 7.30 in my account so i'll keep with it until I get another voucher.

Anyway, the point of my post, was to ask if it would be worth holding off purchases until Monday. Do we pay VAT on books? Prices might come down a bit??
    :confused:
    2019 in 2019 #44 - 864.06/2019
  • trickyricky
    LOWERVAT gives you 2.5% off!
    I love the cake
  • MrsChips
    Can anyone Help....

I'm trying to order an Xbox Game with the LOWERVAT code but it's not accepting it. It's sold by amazon.co.uk so I thought the VAT offer should apply?

Has it got anything to do with Amazon Prime Subscription? Maybe you cant use both???
  • me999
    students
    Students can only get 5% off with an NUS EXTRA card, which they have to buy for 10.
    • emweaver
    • By emweaver 29th Nov 08, 10:29 PM
    • 8,227 Posts
    • 184,220 Thanks
    emweaver
    hw do students get 5% ? do u enter your nus card number or is there a code?
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, 15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • AlwaysHunting
    amazon code
    Get The Lower Vat Rate By Entering The Code lowervat At Checkout. This Code Can Be Posted Here As Amazon Have Published It On Their Website.
    • reddeb
    • By reddeb 30th Nov 08, 12:42 PM
    • 778 Posts
    • 410 Thanks
    reddeb
    hw do students get 5% ? do u enter your nus card number or is there a code?
    Originally posted by emweaver

You have to have an nusextra card to be able to get the 5% off.
    • FatAndy
    • By FatAndy 30th Nov 08, 2:05 PM
    • 7,162 Posts
    • 15,021 Thanks
    FatAndy
    Yes I am having the same problem ordering an audiobook and paperback. I think I'll wait until Monday!
    Originally posted by LaraHoust

Books are zero rated for VAT so the lower VAT rate won't make a difference. Not sure about audiobooks though.
    The fridge is empty, the walls are damp, there's no hot water
    And I look like a tramp and tramps like us
    Baby we were born to walk

• montymud
    • By montymud 30th Nov 08, 10:27 PM
    • 971 Posts
    • 6,324 Thanks
    montymud
    LOWERVAT will reduce it for you. Hope that helps x

• 10past6
    I was just going to order something from amazon.co.uk and realised they dont have the new vat prices on. Are they going to go on tomorrow? will it be automatic after 12 midnight or arent they going to cover everything on the site?
    Originally posted by Lady_K
    Enter LOWERVAT in the promotion code box
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
  • MrsChips
    Same here Lady K ,,,,

I've tried LOWERVAT, lowervat, LOWER VAT and none are working. I use Promotion codes a lot so I know where to put them at Checkout the and Lips Game is sold by Amazon.co.uk - I'll wait until tommorrow.
    Last edited by MrsChips; 30-11-2008 at 11:13 PM. Reason: to add more
    • Lady_K
    • By Lady_K 30th Nov 08, 11:14 PM
    • 4,405 Posts
    • 855 Thanks
    Lady_K
    Its all changed over now I went on just after midnight and all prices are the 15% lower vat. It prob wouldnt work before as they took it off because it was so close to changeover time
    Thanx

Lady_K
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,578Posts Today

5,784Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin