Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 4
  • innovate
    The rules will apply to all existing ISAs. I.e. You will be able to transfer from S&S to cash ISAs, and you will be able to chose how much of the allowance you put into cash and how much into S&S. In addition, the total allowance for 2014-15 will be 15,000 from July 1.

If your existing ISA still allows deposits, you can just continue as usual, and deposit up to new allowance after July 1.

Why did you think you needed to open a new ISA today?
    • tigerm25
    • By tigerm25 10th Apr 14, 8:59 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    tigerm25
    Thank you innovate, you've answered my question. I've been saving for a deposit on a house since December last year, and I wanted to make sure I was saving the maximum I can afford to save.

Why did you think you needed to open a new ISA today?
    Originally posted by innovate
    Because on MSE its seems to qualify this allowance rise by using the dates 6th April to 30th June;

"Any Isas opened between 6 April and 30 June will automatically become a NISA, with a higher limit. From 1 July, you'll be able to add further money up to the new 15,000 limit." Budget 2014: Cash Isa allowance up to 15,000 in New Isa (NISA), 19 March 2014

Thank you again for answering my question!
  • innovate
    Sometimes I wish nobody had ever coined the phrase NISA. It seems to mainly cause confusion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,763Posts Today

7,590Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• RT @Screeeeamer: @dwlstacey @MartinSLewis @TUIUK Dear mr Stacy, I need to let you know of a slight amendment to the Porsche 911 you ordered?

• Follow Martin