Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Have you enquired about your Northern Rock CCA loan

Yes, I have been awarded compensation

3.57% • 1 votes

Yes, I have been advised there is no valid complaint

3.57% • 1 votes

Yes, I am awaiting a response from Northern Rock/NRAM

57.14% • 16 votes

No

35.71% • 10 votes

You may not vote on this poll

28 votes in total.

Page 93
    • bigbadwolf500
    • By bigbadwolf500 5th Mar 19, 3:38 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    bigbadwolf500
    You signed it. Legally it counts the same as it would if you'd signed it on the date stated on the document.
    Originally posted by Paul_DNAP

Do copy and paste signature 'images" count too ;-/
    • darkniven
    • By darkniven 6th Mar 19, 11:43 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    darkniven
    Well, I've spent the morning trying to get through to the contact number given but it's always engaged.

I've left a message via the website and am also going to fax across.

It's all very frustrating as my claim was ready and should have been submitted to NRAM but I've had no info since before Christmas.
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 8th Mar 19, 8:05 AM
    • 120 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    pt2537
    Has anybody been able to contact HC successfully since receiving their letters? I'm loathe to sign the form of authority without knowing fully what fees they may charge, especially as when it was touted as "no win, no fee"?
    Originally posted by darkniven
    Lets be clear, it wasnt "touted" as no win no fee, you agreed to a Conditional Fee Agreement, a contract which sets out both parties rights and obligations

You may find Kerrys article on CFAs when law firms cease acting of interest https://kerryunderwood.wordpress.com/2019/02/19/conditional-fee-agreement-does-not-survive-solicitor-ceasing-to-act/
    • darkniven
    • By darkniven 8th Mar 19, 9:49 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    darkniven
    Lets be clear, it wasnt "touted" as no win no fee, you agreed to a Conditional Fee Agreement, a contract which sets out both parties rights and obligations
    Originally posted by pt2537
    Sorry, I was just quoting from an email Howlett Clarke had sent me - 'our no win no fee funding agreements'.

Appreciate the link and all your help, work and input on this matter.
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 8th Mar 19, 2:51 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    pt2537
    Sorry, I was just quoting from an email Howlett Clarke had sent me - 'our no win no fee funding agreements'.

Appreciate the link and all your help, work and input on this matter.
    Originally posted by darkniven
    No problem at all, happy to help where i can
    • Lippyx
    • By Lippyx 8th Apr 19, 3:28 PM
    • 190 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Lippyx
    Has anyone heard anything more from HC or the new appointed solicitors yet?
    • bigbadwolf500
    • By bigbadwolf500 15th May 19, 10:03 AM
    • 70 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    bigbadwolf500
    Has anyone heard anything more from HC or the new appointed solicitors yet?
    Originally posted by Lippyx

I didn't return the forms to HC. My file is still with them. Lost what to do now..............
    • Lippyx
    • By Lippyx 15th May 19, 10:08 AM
    • 190 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    Lippyx
    I didn't return the forms to HC. My file is still with them. Lost what to do now..............
    Originally posted by bigbadwolf500
    I returned mine, have emailed the new solicitor a few times now, with zero response!
    Looks like its gone into yet another black hole.... not sure why I even thought this time would be any different from the last 8 times I've tried to resolve this!!
    • KID77
    • By KID77 15th May 19, 10:21 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 432 Thanks
    KID77
    I didn't return mine and I think I might try and take it on myself which may sound ridiculous. I have a copy of the paperwork HC sent NRAM and I think I am going to write to them with a copy of this asking for an update since this solicitor is out of business and then take it from there.....
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
    Starting DMP 1st July 2015
    • bigbadwolf500
    • By bigbadwolf500 19th May 19, 8:41 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    bigbadwolf500
    from pt2537 re Howlett Clarke files

https://consumercreditlitigationanddebtcollection.wordpres s.com/2019/05/17/old-cases-with-howlett-clarke/
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 28th May 19, 1:21 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    pt2537
    Be careful you dont get caught out there. Seen one chap try and settle his case himself, he took if i recall correct 2k when there was an offer of 13 on the table.

If you do it yourself make sure you get the right deal.
    • pt2537
    • By pt2537 28th May 19, 1:23 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 208 Thanks
    pt2537
    I returned mine, have emailed the new solicitor a few times now, with zero response!
    Looks like its gone into yet another black hole.... not sure why I even thought this time would be any different from the last 8 times I've tried to resolve this!!
    Originally posted by Lippyx
    Id be happy to sort this out for you. ive seen a fair amount of the same feedback to be fair.

I am still fighting NRAM cases, now i can thanks to my covanant coming to an end. So if you need a hand just left me know
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

111Posts Today

1,468Users online

Martin's Twitter