PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    NSD today, and no plans to go shopping. We are meeting friends thu for ikea brekki, but that will come out of my green spends purse, not grocery budget...
    Gonna try to avoid shopping till Monday.
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • £1.20 spend today on some cakes DM wanted - they were Mr Kiplings though and I still had a 25p coupon so bought her Cherry Bakewells.

I am in her good books, needless to say lol.
  • I keep reading all of the posts on this thread and I'm going to take the plunge and join in. Eeeeeek!!! I'm hoping I'm not starting at a silly time just before Christmas... :)

I need to cut back as I have just had my pay reduced at work due to long term sickness. I'm also getting married next April so need to save on all this food shopping.

Please can I be put down for £100. This is for me, my OH and our 2 cats from the 1st November. It will include all food, cleaning products, and cat food.

I'm scared!!!
    You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~ C.S. Lewis
  • I had hoped to go longer than a day without having to declare a spent but popped into Sainsbobs to get stamps and a birthday card (separate budget) but knew I needed to get more red lentils, WOW have they gone up in price last time I bought them I think they were 88p for 500g but today £1.09 :eek: and of course I couldn't resist bogof pineapples, they will last me ages one for eating fresh the other heading for the freezer. So thats another £3.09 of my budget gone.
    need2bthriftywhats the £7.00 a week thread? had a quick look but couldnt find anything thanks in advance.:)

The thread is called "£7.00 a week - menu ideas" the OP was looking for ideas for menu's to keep them going till other funds came through and some brilliant ideas and recipes were posted - it's not something you would really want to do for any length of time health-wise, but it helped to get me focussed again. I have tried to do a link but it's not working for me.
  • mummyyof5
    mummyyof5 Posts: 1,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all..been missing in action due to changing internet provider..wasnt nice believe me lol....anyway have been saving my reciepts and need to add another £160 to my total...dont thinkI will be shopping tomorrow but wont declare just in case

Going for £450 again in November...seem to be under quite well last couple of months but scared to lower it as think I will fail....think I am doing ok to say Im feeding 8 of us xx
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,873 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone,

Budgets done to here :)

Have started my November with a Tosco shop. Trying desperately to eat healthier, to lose some weight and to come in on budget - am I being too ambitious :rotfl:

Totals updated. Good luck everyone for November.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    ...The thread is called "£7.00 a week - menu ideas" ... I have tried to do a link but it's not working for me.

here it is :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Please can you put me down for £150 for the month I have 2 freezers full and we are moving end of November so am trying to get it all eaten before we go x
    £370/£300 April challenge :T:T
  • £83.72 spent in Mr T's earlier, a bit more than I wanted but stocked up on some meat that was on special offer and a few ys bits and bobs.
  • I'm back. I've failed the last two months but here I am again, still trying to keep my monthly budget at £220. I was hoping not to have to do any shopping until the official start of the month but I couldn't do it. So I'm starting my month now with £43.65.

Last two months I had to contend with buying wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, yeast-free items. A loaf of said bread goes for £4 :eek:

So this month I'm not buying any of these as "free-from" items are killing my budget. Instead I will be abstaining from eating substitutes. Hopefully the savings will bring the ship back on an even keel.
    ..............................................................................
    NW: [STRIKE]£5014.49[/STRIKE]/£4000/£745
    BC: £4308/£2500
    Loan: Co-op: [STRIKE]£3777.23[/STRIKE] /
    [STRIKE]£3387.23[/STRIKE]
    £2900/PAID
    Challenge: debt-free by Christmas 2017
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income