PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Spent £15.76 in Mr A (why do people always Mr A, Mr T etc?)

Got chicken, coriander, butter, a gu dessert as a treat( was on special so £2) and some ready to eat chicken skewers as was starving and couldn't wait to get home!!
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    NSD here (groceries anyway, took kiddies to soft play but used my green purse which is for trips and treats). Don't need anything here till after weekend...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • mossy
    mossy Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Went in to waitrose and they had lots of reduced smoked mackerel ec and other yummy things and nipped into Sains as well.

£13.60 spends

Hope everyone has a good weekend! :)
    Saving for Disney again, oops why book one Disney holiday when you can book two!
    :starmod: Emergency Fund Savings - #148 - £10/£1000 1% :starmod:
    :xmastree:#083 SPC6 £63 - SPC7 £90 - SPC8 £63 - SPC9 £54 - SPC10 £26 - SPC12 £70 :xmastree:
  • sonastin
    sonastin Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Somehow, not quite sure how, September and October were full of bad habits but still managed to hover in under budget. Not as far under as I would have liked though - haven't pulled the annual average back down far enough. OH was away for about 8 weeks & travelling to see him at weekends really messed up the routine. He's back home now so life's back to normal and I'm gonna try to bring the year in on budget. So on that basis £200 for November please...
  • OMG... we usually spend about £600.00 a month on housekeeping, although this includes pocket money for dh and ds, 4 cats, 1 tarantuala, various fish, etc.
    We've just been told at work that our pay bands are being downgraded and I stand to lose between £200 and £300 a month salary - and the salary wasn't that brill to start with..... (drowning my sorrows in a glass of wine or several atm...) so drastic measures are needed.
    Can you put me down for £450.00.
    Sorry if this figure seems excessive, its not something I've particularly watched out for before so I'm starting softly.
    Feeling really despondent, not even energetic enough to panic....or maybe that's the wine....;}
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    NSD for me today. Had a bit of a knitting day, in between sorting the bank account and getting a soft tyre fixed.

If anyone is interested, M&S have roast turkey breasts at £5.99, but if you buy the meal deal, you get the turkey, a bag of potatoes and a bag of green beans or carrots for £5.00 :)
    My turkey roast is in the freezer for Christmas and I'm going for a pork roast next week. HTH
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Spent £15.76 in Mr A (why do people always Mr A, Mr T etc?)
    Previous answers to this question are so that we don't inadvertently advertise them. I suppose that makes sense as if I want to find a recipe I goggle it and up comes a MSE Forums reply on the first page so I guess the same happens with supermarkets.
    HTH
    SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi, I would like to join this month's challenge with a budget of £400 but out of that I would like to spend £40 on Christmas supplies. I feel I did well last month but it's going to be a bit trickier this month now I have used up a lot of my freezer stock. I shall be continuing with my meal planning and cooking from scratch as I'm trying to lose weight too. I wish every one luck as they try to save money. Cheers.:D
  • oligeo
    oligeo Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Post
    Please can I sign up for this.
    I want to spend £400 for November, should be do able as got a few bits in the freezer.

Many thanks
    Sarah
  • I had to bow out of October as completely lost track!!!! Need to be super good this month though and I am aiming for £250 this month. Not going to include meals out in this as I have taken a seperate amount out for that. Need to be super frugal as OH is starting new job on Monday which is a 70 mile round trip as opposed to his current 10 mile round trip!!! And we have a very very unreliable car so desperately need to save to get a new one so I can have the old banger - at the moment I will have to walk or get the bus for the 2 1/2 mile journey. And theres the wedding... Oh dear think I just need a windfall!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure