Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    flyingpig58
    Christmas Crafting Ideas .... Its Good To Share.
    • 2nd Oct 10, 11:45 AM
    Christmas Crafting Ideas .... Its Good To Share. 2nd Oct 10 at 11:45 AM
    THIS IS A THREAD I STARTED QUITE SOME TIME AGO NOW .... THE IDEAS ARE STILL HERE FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS THEM .... ALTHOUGH I DON'T THINK I WILL BE ADDING TO IT THIS YEAR.

ANY PDF FILES I HAVE OFFERED IN THE PAST ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE AS I LOST THEM WHEN MY COMPUTER "DIED" AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR ..... SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR THEM AS I NO LONGER HAVE THEM. THE THREAD IS NOW TOO LONG FOR ME TO TRAWL THROUGH TO REMOVE ANY OFFERS, THOUGH I HAVE TRIED MY BEST.

I ALSO CANNOT ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ON RULES/THE LAW ABOUT SELLING ITEMS OF CONFECTIONERY AT XMAS FAYRES ETC. BUT IF IN DOUBT SELL ITEMS CONTAINING SWEETS (JELLY BEANS, SMARTIES, MARSHMALLOWS ETC) WITH A PRINTED COPY OF THE INGREDIENTS. ALWAYS USE GLOVES WHEN HANDLING UNWRAPPED SWEETS AND THE USE OF A PROPER BAG SEALER WILL HOLD FRESHNESS AND PREVENT CONTAMINATION.
    THE SELLING OF FOOD ITEMS AT FAYRES ETC. IS ALWAYS A CONTENTIOUS ISSUE.

Not everyone has the time to trawl through Google and other search engines looking for inspiration for simple Christmas ideas, cards and gifts to make - so I thought I would start a thread featuring some of the ideas that I have found and have taken inspiration from over the years ...... I cannot really claim any of the ideas are my own, just my take on them. I hope its OK that I keep to mainly pictures ....... it's good to share!

This is my Flip Over Advent Calendar that I will use on my Festive work desk this year.

Made using a Zutter Bind It All
    Last edited by flyingpig58; 15-09-2012 at 2:52 PM.
Page 188
  • flyingpig58
    Bottle- Cap Tree decorations

This is what I have been playing with a lot this Christmas - using bottle caps to make simple Christmas Tree decorations.

You need to punch a hole into the bottle cap for a thread to hang it from. I use a tool called a Cropodile.

Then glue a simple background into the back of the bottlecap.

Using fimo oven drying clay create a simple model that will fit into the bottle cap - when it is cooked/hardened, glue your embellishment into the bottle cap and varnish, if you want a glossy finish.

Add a thread through the hole you made - a jump ring makes it look more professional but is not neccessary.
  • flyingpig58
    Fircone Christmas Trees

These would make a lovely place setting on your Christmas table - although I have mine on my desk at work.

Take a fircone, paint ends white and sprinkle with glitter - micro glitter, available in craft shops is the best as it's finer - and you could also add a little PVA glue to the paint to help the glitter stick to it as well.

Use a glue gun to attach the fircone to a very small flower pot. If you don't have a flower pot, an egg cup would do equallyas well, depending on the size of your cone ..... or perhaps even a coloured/patterned shot glass.

I have been restrained with my decoration, but you could be as abandonned as you like with beads, tinsel etc. ...... and fun activity to do with the kids.
  • flyingpig58
    Santa's Plate

Get an plain old white plate and pack of Sharpies (permanent marker pens) and decorate to your or the kids content.

I don't think the design would stand up to a dishwasher, but as you only need the plate for one night of the year ...... a simple wipe over might be all that is needed until next year.

For something more permenant you can buy Porcelain painter pens from all good craft shops.
  • flyingpig58
    Festive Fairy Door

If you already have a fairy door, why not make a tiny Christmas wreath to go on it using a pipecleaner and a tiny Christmas bell or ribbon?
  • flyingpig58
    Embellished Illuminated Christmas Cone

I got my ready illuminated cone from Dunelm, I think it cost about £6.99.

Get a couple of boxes of very small Poundland Christmas baubles and fasten them onto the cone using jewellry jump-rings, but metal wire or invisible thread would work equally as well.

When all the baubles are fastened, using a glue gun (but mind your fingers the glue gets very hot) stick on large snowflake confetti or stars, for even more sparkle.

Then plug in and admire your handy work!

• flyingpig58
    Santa Sweetie Bags

It's often cheaper to buy a selection bags of festive wrapped sweets from Poundshops etc. and seperate them all out to make up your own little gift/favour bags

All you need is some cellophane bags .....

Then look for cheap character decorations like these Santa's to tie onto the bags (these were from Poundland, and work out at 33p each, I have also seen angels, but other decorations would do like bells and baubles)

My bags contain a couple of chocolate coins, foiled wrapped chocolate figures, plus chews, lollies and other wrapped sweets, not everything has to be Christmassy.
    • yellowbear
    • By yellowbear 6th Dec 14, 3:33 PM
    • 413 Posts
    • 2,851 Thanks
    yellowbear
    I do like Jacob's plate!
    • lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 6th Dec 14, 3:49 PM
    • 1,361 Posts
    • 3,151 Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    Thanks for sharing your idea's flyingpig58.

The plate is awesome
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
    • dory30
    • By dory30 5th Nov 17, 7:20 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dory30
    where did you get the labels for the santa poop please?
    Last edited by dory30; 05-11-2017 at 7:26 PM.
    • dev007
    • By dev007 22nd Jan 18, 12:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dev007
    Christmas gift ideas
    Your ideas are really worth appreciating. I have always loved craft and these ideas can be used for other occasions. Can you please suggest similar ideas for birthdays?
    • lilmiss1982
    • By lilmiss1982 3rd Mar 18, 9:29 AM
    • 1,361 Posts
    • 3,151 Thanks
    lilmiss1982
    Lots of ideas on flyingpigs58 blog here. For birthdays, valentines, Easter, Halloween.

http://itsallfiddlefart.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,175Posts Today

7,822Users online

Martin's Twitter