Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 1st Nov 05, 4:14 PM
    • 9,418Posts
    • 22,338Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    The Money Diet, Updated, Discussion Area
    • 1st Nov 05, 4:14 PM
    The Money Diet, Updated, Discussion Area 1st Nov 05 at 4:14 PM
    This discussion relates to the

Money Diet article

To discuss the Money Diet click reply.

If it's Thrifty Ways For Modern Days you want to discuss then you can do that here
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 24-11-2006 at 5:53 PM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 4
    • tru
    • By tru 11th Nov 05, 8:48 AM
    • 8,766 Posts
    • 46,862 Thanks
    tru
    Just had another e-mail, mine's on it's way
    • Karma67
    • By Karma67 11th Nov 05, 9:47 AM
    • 535 Posts
    • 251 Thanks
    Karma67
    Woohoooo...Mine arrived this morning!!

Going to have a good read with a lovely cuppa!

I think i will be giving this book to ALOT of family and friends for Xmas
  • dell
    Acknowledgements
    I'd love to see the look on Traf's face when she sees it
    • charlie12
    • By charlie12 11th Nov 05, 10:55 PM
    • 1,613 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    charlie12
    Just got my order in before the deadline Spent ages trying to find soemthing to buy to take me over the 15 for free delivery!
    • tru
    • By tru 12th Nov 05, 7:42 AM
    • 8,766 Posts
    • 46,862 Thanks
    tru
    It's just arrived
    • Saving Glut
    • By Saving Glut 12th Nov 05, 4:59 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 1,514 Thanks
    Saving Glut
    Ordered mine in Thursday (principaly to say a B-I-G thanks for this website). I will give my original second hand one to my sister who I have recently converted to an eager MSE!
    • bluedog
    • By bluedog 16th Nov 05, 11:29 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 1,088 Thanks
    bluedog
    Mine arrived today with the 2 ordered for christmas pressies and another book that's been sitting in my wish list for months (price went down!). Order was over 15 so got the free delivery and paid using a 5 voucher from a survey site that I learnt about from this site.

Compelling reading Martin!! I've stuck the title from my wish list in the book case and got a friend who rang earlier interested enough that we will be checking out a better deal for their utility bills asap .......... I'm back off to Amazon for another pressie whilst the price holds!
    • Kimberley
    • By Kimberley 17th Nov 05, 9:35 PM
    • 13,401 Posts
    • 20,357 Thanks
    Kimberley
    It's now gone down to number 5 on Amazons top sellers list. That means not many of you are buying the book. :rolleyes:
  • Calvin&Hobbs
    I just spent 2 over hours at Borders reading the book before ordering a personal copy over the internet. For someone with an attention span usually long enough only to appreciate TV adverts, I am impressed with what I read so far. Is there any way I could get an electronic version of the table where you list all your expenses? My apologies if its somewhere in this site as I am new here. Cheers!
  • archived user
    Calvin&Hobbs welcome to the boards, its nice to have you aboard. Is this link the sort of thing your looking for?
  • Calvin&Hobbs
    Yes it is! Cheers !!
    • mrsbez
    • By mrsbez 13th Dec 05, 7:10 PM
    • 211 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    mrsbez
    5.99 inc delivery
    Just ordered a copy from play.com for 5.99 with free delivery. I've already got my copy from amazon but as it is so great have ordered a copy for my sis for christmas!!!
    • chriz1000
    • By chriz1000 14th Dec 05, 12:20 AM
    • 443 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    chriz1000
    3.99 bargain! Just bought everyone in my family a copy for a Christmas stocking filler!
  • Rez
    Hi

Just ordered the "Money Diet" from here http://www.dvd.co.uk/product2.asp?id=0091906881 for 3.95 including delivery, which is pretty good.

Looking forward to reading it!

Cheers
    Rez
  • hoopstars
    Hi
    If you have a British Bookshops & Sussex Stationers near you then you can pick up Martins book for 4.99 (not a limited offer).
    Cheers
    • al_yrpal
    • By al_yrpal 23rd Jan 06, 10:48 AM
    • 331 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    al_yrpal
    Amazon are offering Martin's latest "Money Diet" at 3.99 in an e-mail of 'deals of the week' this morning.
    Survivor of debt, redundancy, endowment scams, share crashes, sky-high inflation, lousy financial advice, and multiple house price booms. Comfortably retired after learning to back my own judgement.
    This is not advice - hopefully it's common sense.
  • Linguistic Chimp
    Foreign Moneysaver
    Hi all,
    I'm a fairly new British Moneysaver and love the site. I have managed to save loads of money just getting off my !!!! and seeking out cheaper phone, internet suppliers etc, thanks to encouragement from this website, and am currently saving hard in order to pay off my student loan in 2 years (a bbc programme in the making surely???).
    I was thinking of buying The Money Diet in order to get even more money saved, but I live in Brussels, Belgium. Is it only relevant to UK moneysavers or can it help us expats too?
    Thanks for the help
    from
    The Language Monkey
    Last edited by Linguistic Chimp; 24-01-2006 at 3:34 PM.
  • archived user
    Hiya, the fundementals and ideas behind it are still the same, no matter what country you are in.
  • archived user
    but I live in Brussels, Belgium. Is it only relevant to UK moneysavers or can it help us expats too?
    Thanks for the help
    Hiya, the fundementals and ideas behind it are still the same, no matter what country you are in.
  • Linguistic Chimp
    Hi,
    Thanks for that reply Judi. I was also looking at 'What Not To Buy' by Alvin Hall...any comments?
    The Language Monkey
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,840Users online

Martin's Twitter