Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ex-IVA wrote: »
    I am not getting my hopes up but surely if creditors (including RBS Natwest) accepted this then I surely must be due something?
    You'll have to wait for the bank to make their own decision on this. What is certain is that they do not have to refund you monies which you didn't pay them in the first place.

The money you still owed when you made "Full and Final" will remain a debt, but your creditors just agreed not to chase you for it.

Do you not see that you are attempting to circumvent the F&F by chasing them for money?

You may well end up with (some) money, but no one here can tell you categorically one way or the other.
  • Ex-IVA
    Ex-IVA Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    *** RESOLVED - 04/04/18 ***

4 cheques received today, total amount £7,204.66- couldn't be happier!

Right, off to the bank I go!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To pay off the debts that were unpaid I presume :)
  • Ex-IVA
    Ex-IVA Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Of course, not for a holiday/new car at all (-:
  • Chrisduder
    Options
    Hi guys,

We have completed our IVA and have our certificate and all debts are cleared.
    However, in the case of my wife we received a letter from a catalogue company and it seems back in the late 90’s she was paying PPI to the company. Something we all overlooked.
    She has been awarded £6000 which is great news. However, in the letter it states that we are in an IVA and all money will be forwarded to Creditfix although the IVA has been completed for over 5 months. Can they do this to us?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Chrisduder wrote: »
    Hi guys,

We have completed our IVA and have our certificate and all debts are cleared.
    However, in the case of my wife we received a letter from a catalogue company and it seems back in the late 90’s she was paying PPI to the company. Something we all overlooked.
    She has been awarded £6000 which is great news. However, in the letter it states that we are in an IVA and all money will be forwarded to Creditfix although the IVA has been completed for over 5 months. Can they do this to us?

Of course they can, she borrowed money and failed to pay it back, they are quite within their rights to offset the money, else you would be in the situation of asking for a repayment of fees you never paid. Wait and see what the IVA people say and see what you get after
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure