Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • norman1976
    • By norman1976 14th Jun 19, 11:59 AM
    • 15Posts
    • 2Thanks
    norman1976
    PPI claims after Bankruptcy
    • 14th Jun 19, 11:59 AM
    PPI claims after Bankruptcy 14th Jun 19 at 11:59 AM
    hi,

I know there is a sticky on this subject but thought I would ask for your help/advice on this matter. Will try to make this short.

was discharged from bankruptcy 2007 and have now decided to claim PPI, all of these PPI claims go back to before I went bankrupt so all my PPI funds have gone to OR. The PPI refunds are now 30k+ that have gone to the trustee/OR and I am being told different info from my OR about what happens with these funds. Basically I spoke to someone who said that due to funds arriving in my estate letters will go out to all creditors again and then they have 5 weeks to respond, if no-one responds I get the money. Whereas someone else in the same company is saying that there is no time limit on creditors responding and it is very rare funds go back to me.

Not sure what to do seeing as was discharged a long time ago, there is a lot of PPI refund money in the pot and most of the companies on my bankruptcy list 12 years ago have gone bust.

Any advice on how to proceed with this matter and what would other people do in this case?
    ------------
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 14th Jun 19, 12:33 PM
    • 22,898 Posts
    • 25,294 Thanks
    zx81
    • 14th Jun 19, 12:33 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 12:33 PM
    You don't need to do anything.

You shouldn't have made the complaint, but that's done now and the money is with the OR as it should have been.

If they ever decide to send you any, it'll be an unexpected bonus, but I wouldn't expect anything.

Just make sure you don't make any further PPI complaints.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Jun 19, 10:00 PM
    • 23,996 Posts
    • 13,396 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:00 PM
    • 14th Jun 19, 10:00 PM
    I spoke to someone who said that due to funds arriving in my estate letters will go out to all creditors again and then they have 5 weeks to respond, if no-one responds I get the money. Whereas someone else in the same company is saying that there is no time limit on creditors responding and it is very rare funds go back to me.
    Originally posted by norman1976
    You need to understand that pre-bankruptcy PPI complaints are not allowed, any redress belongs to the OR and WILL be redistributed to your former creditors. You will never get, nor are you entitled, to anything...ever.

You effectively broke the law by making any PPI complaint without recourse to the Official Receiver...

I know there is a sticky on this subject
    Originally posted by norman1976
    So why not read it?

It makes your position abundantly clear.

EDIT;

You get nothing, just as you were told six years ago;
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=55164701
    Last edited by Moneyineptitude; 14-06-2019 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added link to previous thread from OP
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

133Posts Today

2,125Users online

Martin's Twitter