Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 30th Nov 18, 11:43 AM
    • 27,196Posts
    • 325,334Thanks
    davemorton
    Elite: Is this table taken please?
    • 30th Nov 18, 11:43 AM
    Elite: Is this table taken please? 30th Nov 18 at 11:43 AM
    Just looking for a spare quiet table in the corner of the arms for a few exiled elite to chat, is this table free please?
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
Page 412
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th May 19, 4:29 PM
    • 33,128 Posts
    • 444,342 Thanks
    tweets
    I was bottom of the quiz yesterday, at least the only way is up!

---

Check clubcard vouchers for any expiring at the end of May.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    I noticed you was bottom you saved me getting a wooden spoon from Sleazy You lucky he not sent you a special spoon

Mind you I am keeping animal set I like those
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th May 19, 4:35 PM
    • 33,128 Posts
    • 444,342 Thanks
    tweets
    I mean how can you?

https://www.scotsman.com/news/bbc-presenter-rachel-burden-apologises-after-f-bomb-live-on-air-1-4928166

Mess ups, lady, mess ups.
    Amazingly the discussion continues "with the presenters apparently unaware", a situation that seems completely unfathomable to me as to how such a thing could ever happen. How can anyone be unaware?!? If you say something, and don't have the form of Tourette's that a small minority (perhaps 1%) of Tourette's people have, it is an active thing of deciding to say it so it cannot possibly be done without full knowledge of what you are doing and therefore I don't know how it can be done. Except that people generally are apparently able to do things without realising they are doing them, and, if you are told not to swear, psychologically you will then be more likely to do so because it will then be on your mind as having to make an active attempt to try not to do it. So if they, as they did after several swearing instances over the years, post notices in singers' dressing rooms telling them not to swear before they go onto TV or radio performances in an effort to stop them doing so, I think it is doomed to fail even more because, even assuming the singers pay any attention to the notices, it will then be on their mind. However, much more likely indeed it seems to me, unless they have autism, the singers will most probably fail to notice there are any notices. If they do notice them despite that, they seem very unlikely to me to comply with any rules that might be in them because most people do not comply with rules on notices or signs. Instead they just continue their normal lives regardless and most people don't usually cause others problems in any event.

As for myself, I just went to that page to see what, in the words that came to my own mind, "Rachel effing Burden" had said, except that it wasn't the word "effing" in my mind. Too much bloody swearing on the radio these days. They need to watch their asses to see they don't do it.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Sorry but I am at this post.

If I swear in work they are and its only words I don't call swearing I wont say F and W word and barsteward . They think ar se and bloody are swearwords

They say all the swearwords I still have to google words they say see what they mean not my fault if I don't know
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th May 19, 4:38 PM
    • 17,591 Posts
    • 37,523 Thanks
    Sleazy
    You're waffling. (And, for clarity, I mean not even in the entire post but merely through or by the time of that one sentence highlighted.)

Shall we call it both interesting and boring, since it is both? It is everything that it manages to be to every individual that ever sees, hears, experiences etc. it at any time collectively added together.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Me waffling?
    Does that make me a waffler, or a waffle?
    Weekly Distance Walked 27 km / Total For Year 756 km
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th May 19, 4:39 PM
    • 33,128 Posts
    • 444,342 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon

I went in bros new car to Iceland Warehouse and the store is massive compared to small one in town that's just an Iceland.

Is car is also nice I bigged it up hoping for more lifts to places . Once a month to Iceland Warehouse would be nice

Been sunny today but a tad cooler I can cope with it tad cooler
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th May 19, 4:40 PM
    • 33,128 Posts
    • 444,342 Thanks
    tweets
    Me waffling?
    Does that make me a waffler, or a waffle?
    Originally posted by Sleazy

Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th May 19, 4:45 PM
    • 17,591 Posts
    • 37,523 Thanks
    Sleazy
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th May 19, 4:47 PM
    • 17,591 Posts
    • 37,523 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Good Afternoon

I went in bros new car to Iceland Warehouse and the store is massive compared to small one in town that's just an Iceland.

Is car is also nice I bigged it up hoping for more lifts to places . Once a month to Iceland Warehouse would be nice

Been sunny today but a tad cooler I can cope with it tad cooler
    Originally posted by tweets
    You mean car was big, or you was big?

Sorry tweet, I know what you meant was you told him how great car was so that he'll offer to give you a lift more often. I always said that women were crafty
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th May 19, 4:49 PM
    • 17,591 Posts
    • 37,523 Thanks
    Sleazy
    (Sits here wondering if the other ladies here are as crafty as Tweets).

Only ladies may respond ...
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th May 19, 4:52 PM
    • 33,128 Posts
    • 444,342 Thanks
    tweets
    You mean car was big, or you was big?

Sorry tweet, I know what you meant was you told him how great car was so that he'll offer to give you a lift more often. I always said that women were crafty

I am 20 stone if I put loads rocks in my big bag

Yes you are correct told him it was a lovely colour but red would have been a better colour schh didn't tell him that.

We ladies not crafty we are clever very clever
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th May 19, 4:54 PM
    • 17,591 Posts
    • 37,523 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Don't tell me it's blue?

Tweet, you wouldn't go in a blue car would you? Except in the dark.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th May 19, 5:05 PM
    • 33,128 Posts
    • 444,342 Thanks
    tweets
    Don't tell me it's blue?

Tweet, you wouldn't go in a blue car would you? Except in the dark.

Yes its metallic blue so not city blue

Waiting for bubbs, Enterprise , fruittea , emerald , silvercar and other ladies to back me up think you have scared them off

I going washing up and having me bath be back laters
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 19, 5:16 PM
    • 55,768 Posts
    • 644,152 Thanks
    bubbs

Cheek!!!
    I am 20 stone if I put loads rocks in my big bag

Yes you are correct told him it was a lovely colour but red would have been a better colour schh didn't tell him that.

We ladies not crafty we are clever very clever
    This is true tweets
    Yes its metallic blue so not city blue

Waiting for bubbs, Enterprise , fruittea , emerald , silvercar and other ladies to back me up think you have scared them off

I going washing up and having me bath be back laters
    I am here now was cooking and eating
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 1 1/2lb
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th May 19, 5:23 PM
    • 17,591 Posts
    • 37,523 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Even Bubb has evaded the question! Hmmmph!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 19, 5:23 PM
    • 55,768 Posts
    • 644,152 Thanks
    bubbs
    Even Bubb has evaded the question! Hmmmph!
    What question?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500 £770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th May 19, 5:27 PM
    • 17,591 Posts
    • 37,523 Thanks
    Sleazy

What question?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    That one
    Which of you ladies is the craftiest
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 19, 5:39 PM
    • 55,768 Posts
    • 644,152 Thanks
    bubbs
    That one
    We are not crafty full stop.
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th May 19, 5:45 PM
    • 17,591 Posts
    • 37,523 Thanks
    Sleazy
    That one
    We are not crafty full stop.
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Well got one so called answer at least.

Come on ladies, I can wait ages you know
    Us men are used to waiting around for the difficult fairer sex aren't we Savvy? Apologies if there are any other gents here, but me, savvy and Marmie (who don't show his monkey chops lately) are the only ones I'm sure of .... even though I did refer to Enterprise as a chap once

In a galaxy far, far away ...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 16th May 19, 5:59 PM
    • 55,768 Posts
    • 644,152 Thanks
    bubbs
    Bet Marmie is busy with his garden, so forgets about us
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 16th May 19, 6:01 PM
    • 17,591 Posts
    • 37,523 Thanks
    Sleazy
    What did you eat tonight Bubbs?

I had an omelette with home made fries, bit of tomato and cucumber and onion, plus onion and cheese in the omelette.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 16th May 19, 6:05 PM
    • 21,160 Posts
    • 269,578 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Sorry but I am at this post.

If I swear in work they are and its only words I don't call swearing I wont say F and W word and barsteward . They think ar se and bloody are swearwords

They say all the swearwords I still have to google words they say see what they mean not my fault if I don't know
    The F words in non-literal sense (in frustration at their computer screen freezing) or as an intensifier that fails to intensify but emphasises or modifies instead seem to be fine at my old place - no-one saying anything about them at all or seemingly having any problem with them. No, instead, it is words one of which Collins Dictionary removed the taboo label from in 2004, changed to mark just as slang and continues to claim is now "acceptable in speech although some older or more conservative people may object to it" that provoke the "uh, too much information" from one of my fairly young female colleagues and another, which I used to say freely in front of my mother when she was still with me, which a different female colleague once made a gesture to and said it was "low" when we were out at a pub and one of my male colleagues happened to say it, to which he responded with a brief "sorry" and then moved straight on to something else.

So words the dictionary now claims are acceptable and which I can say in front of my mother (I was always using the one the dictionary still marks as taboo but not the one it now claims is acceptable) are the ones that provoke the objections from my colleagues. I think it is because they are fine with 'general swearing', including what is claimed to be "the most offensive language" by the communications regulator, apparently in reliance on the response to a question that asked "Do you agree?" and therefore is unreliable as it suffers from statistical bias (acquiescence bias), but instead the literal use of words in contexts that describe specific sexual acts is what gets objected to - even if the words are ordinarily not considered the strongest but in those contexts, by being objected to, are therefore more offensive than 'the most offensive' language which does not get objected to.

I bet Ofcom staff use "the most offensive language" when they are in their offices and the computers are on a go-slow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,920Posts Today

9,840Users online

Martin's Twitter