New plan...time to see some movement!

Comments

• brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    jwil wrote: »

Terracycle are moving into reuse, and working with manufacturers to provide big containers of things like washing liquid etc which can be returned and reused. I like the idea of this :)

Its also MSE. We order huge bulk containers from a single supplier who is environmentally friendly and get it all delivered at once. We are then drowning in loo rolls, WUL, floor cleaner or whatever (and I appreciate you need space to store it and money to cover the initial outlay which not everyone has (we use our loft a lot :D) and it definitely works out cheaper. We then usually refill them from a local store. or we recycle..but returning instead would be a great idea.

We live in a city so the idea of communal recycling points could work for us....but you're right we have to think who is responsible for what. I am reading all this stuff about electric cars and going all electric by 2030 which in theory is fab but I dont see how car charging in our narrow Victorian streets of terraced houses built around the horse and cart would ever really work...we need a system wide re-think which is agile enough to cope with change

On the other hand our panels work beautifully..I am awaiting a tariff payment any day now..

Hope you're enjoying the weather jwil..its well overdue as far as I am concerned ;)

Have a great week x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 18,722
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Its also MSE. We order huge bulk containers from a single supplier who is environmentally friendly and get it all delivered at once. We are then drowning in loo rolls, WUL, floor cleaner or whatever (and I appreciate you need space to store it and money to cover the initial outlay which not everyone has (we use our loft a lot :D) and it definitely works out cheaper. We then usually refill them from a local store. or we recycle..but returning instead would be a great idea.

We live in a city so the idea of communal recycling points could work for us....but you're right we have to think who is responsible for what. I am reading all this stuff about electric cars and going all electric by 2030 which in theory is fab but I dont see how car charging in our narrow Victorian streets of terraced houses built around the horse and cart would ever really work...we need a system wide re-think which is agile enough to cope with change

On the other hand our panels work beautifully..I am awaiting a tariff payment any day now..

Hope you're enjoying the weather jwil..its well overdue as far as I am concerned ;)

Have a great week x

Where do you get your bulk containers from Brizzle? I want to start looking at doing this.

I agree about the electric cars, they seriously need to sort out the infrastructure. We are lucky in that we've got a drive, but there are several terraces around here and people can't get a space anywhere near thir house!

I'd like to consider solar panels one day too.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I've received £12.14 from a survey site today and £5 Love to shop vouchers :T

Just been ordering some packaging material for our sales. I'm trying to be more green with that too. I already reuse and recycle what I can from here and my work colleagues give me their packaging too, but I still need to buy it. I've bought some paper to use as packing material to reduce the amount of bubble wrap I use. I looked at paper tape too, but that's crazy expensive so out of budget at the moment. I don't use mailing bags as I don't like them, but will look about getting paper padded envelopes rather than the bubble wrap ones when I next need them.

It's nice to see food waste in the news this week. I saw today that Zero Waste Scotland are highlighting that it has a bigger carbon impact and climate impact than plastic :T It would be nice to see food waste and textiles getting the same sort of public reaction as plastic has and similar measures taken to reduce them.
  • I've learnt a few new things about recycling since reading your diary Jwil. I'm feeling more conscious of my plastic use now, so will definitely be more mindful of that from now on.

Good news on the survey earnings :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I've learnt a few new things about recycling since reading your diary Jwil. I'm feeling more conscious of my plastic use now, so will definitely be more mindful of that from now on.

Good news on the survey earnings :).

Thank you :) I've learnt loads from yours and others too, it's a fab resource on here :)
  • jwil
    Forumite
    I've cashed out another £5.64 from a survey site :T

Got a lot to try and catch up on. I've had a counselling session and am going to be referred to an online cbt therapy course for my anxiety. It's been much improved recently, but I don't want to stay on medication forever and want to change how I react to things.

I'm hoping to get my 1 stone award tonight. Not sure if I've quite done enough but I'm hopeful. Hoping that the next one won't take so long. I do think I am well on my way to make permanent changes though so am happy to go slow if the weight is going to come off and stay off! I do need to tackle the exercise though, I'm just not doing enough (or any!)
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Good luck for weigh in tonight jwil xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,839
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    jwil wrote: »
    I've cashed out another £5.64 from a survey site :T

Got a lot to try and catch up on. I've had a counselling session and am going to be referred to an online cbt therapy course for my anxiety. It's been much improved recently, but I don't want to stay on medication forever and want to change how I react to things.

I'm hoping to get my 1 stone award tonight. Not sure if I've quite done enough but I'm hopeful. Hoping that the next one won't take so long. I do think I am well on my way to make permanent changes though so am happy to go slow if the weight is going to come off and stay off! I do need to tackle the exercise though, I'm just not doing enough (or any!)

Great that you're sounding so positive. :)
    Agree that going slower, but ending up with permanent changes is definitely the way to go. Rome wasn't built in a day, and slow change becomes habit. :D
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • Well done on the cashing out and the vouchers :)

Good luck with the weigh in tonight x
  • jwil
    Forumite
    abba1772 wrote: »
    Good luck for weigh in tonight jwil xx

Thank you :)
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Great that you're sounding so positive. :)
    Agree that going slower, but ending up with permanent changes is definitely the way to go. Rome wasn't built in a day, and slow change becomes habit. :D

Thank you :) I have definitely got some new habits so I'm really pleased :)
    Well done on the cashing out and the vouchers :)

Good luck with the weigh in tonight x

Thank you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills