Travel Insurance

I hope someone can help me.

I have dual Spanish/UK nationality and two passports. I generally travel to Spain on my Spanish passport and return with my UK one which is perfectly legal.

However my name on the passports differ slightly because of each country’s requirements and what my parents put on the UK birth certificate. I usually take out annual insurance and I approached an insurance company about this. They replied that I would have to take out a separate cover for each. My first thought was that they would say that but is this correct and is there a legal basis for them to do so after all regardless of what it says on my passports I am provably one and the same person?

I'd be grateful if someone could advise me about this.
Thanks.

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Do you have other Id like a driving licence?

Is there a requirement specific to passports or is this just about proving who you are?
    If it’s latter then other Id would suffice?
  • mgfvvc
    mgfvvc Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Pchap wrote: »
    I hope someone can help me.

I have dual Spanish/UK nationality and two passports. I generally travel to Spain on my Spanish passport and return with my UK one which is perfectly legal.

However my name on the passports differ slightly because of each country’s requirements and what my parents put on the UK birth certificate. I usually take out annual insurance and I approached an insurance company about this. They replied that I would have to take out a separate cover for each. My first thought was that they would say that but is this correct and is there a legal basis for them to do so after all regardless of what it says on my passports I am provably one and the same person?
    You are covering your person, not your passports.

It sounds like a call centre worker making stuff up to me.

Of course I'm no expert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport