Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    • 8,675Posts
    • 28,901Thanks
    fairy lights
    What's irritating you VI
    • 23rd Jun 17, 6:20 AM
    What's irritating you VI 23rd Jun 17 at 6:20 AM
    Haven't even got out of bed yet and I'm irritated.
    -The badly behaved cat peed in the laundry basket so all my summer clothes have had to go back in the wash and I'll have to wear jeans today.
    -I've pulled a muscle in my leg and have to drag it behind me, quasimodo style
    -OH ate all the bread so I can't have toast for breakfast
Page 574
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 10th Sep 19, 5:02 PM
    • 28,947 Posts
    • 16,092 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Wisdom tooth is giving me grief and i have to wait til thursday to get it out.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 11th Sep 19, 7:54 AM
    • 617 Posts
    • 1,412 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Not eating for 4 hours is normally not a problem until you are told NOT to eat for 4 hours before a CT scan then all of a sudden it is a big problem and you can't stop thinking about food
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 11th Sep 19, 11:58 AM
    • 18,079 Posts
    • 38,711 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Turned on the TV and what was legal a couple of days ago isn't legal now.
    I was already confused with UK politics, now I'm confussed!

I thought hoped that we would get a month's peace until parliament returned, but apparently not.
    Weekly Distance Walked 30km / Total For Year 1046 km
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Sep 19, 5:44 PM
    • 28,947 Posts
    • 16,092 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Dont believe in karma!
    I found a lost card yesterday and rather than walking by and thinking not my problem i did the decent thing and picked it up, handed it in and messaged the person on social media to tell them where it is. Later on in the day my dad discovers he has lost his bank card.
    • Organza_Lace
    • By Organza_Lace 11th Sep 19, 9:29 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 6,891 Thanks
    Organza_Lace
    New medication... My stomach is gurgling and churning over.
    We canít help everyone, but everyone can help someone Ė John Lennon
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 11th Sep 19, 9:35 PM
    • 28,947 Posts
    • 16,092 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    New medication... My stomach is gurgling and churning over.
    Originally posted by Organza_Lace
    If you are worried about side affects go to see your gp. I am sure it will be minor but better safe than sorry. My mother suffered badly from side affects due to medication years ago.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 12th Sep 19, 7:19 AM
    • 55,643 Posts
    • 153,282 Thanks
    colinw
    People like Ringo Starr telling people to get on with Brexit, I am guessing any resultant food and medicine shortages that might occur would not affect tax exiles living in LA
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 12th Sep 19, 10:52 AM
    • 5,086 Posts
    • 4,791 Thanks
    dekaspace
    There must be some dim people working at Parcelforce, they misrouted my parcel to same depot 300 miles away twice now, so thats sort, send to wrong depot, sent back to sort, sent back to wrong depot! And its a item I am desperate to get too!
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 12th Sep 19, 12:06 PM
    • 6,992 Posts
    • 22,399 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    People like Ringo Starr telling people to get on with Brexit, I am guessing any resultant food and medicine shortages that might occur would not affect tax exiles living in LA
    Originally posted by colinw
    I don't like celebrities adding their opinion on either side.
    Or at least I don't mind them having an opinion, but I wish they wouldn't voice it, as it tends to have an effect on those people who are impressed by celebrity. It muddies the waters IMHO.
    Doesn't matter what any of us want Brexit wise though, something has to happen one way or the other. We can't go on in this Limbo forever.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 12th Sep 19, 12:14 PM
    • 55,643 Posts
    • 153,282 Thanks
    colinw
    I don't like celebrities adding their opinion on either side.
    Or at least I don't mind them having an opinion, but I wish they wouldn't voice it, as it tends to have an effect on those people who are impressed by celebrity. It muddies the waters IMHO.
    Doesn't matter what any of us want Brexit wise though, something has to happen one way or the other. We can't go on in this Limbo forever.
    Originally posted by Jackmydad
    Then again he is the voice on Thomas the Tank Engine and just found this profound quote

Duck still wonders about the lands beyond the horizon, but I think he knows that sometimes the best travels are those you can only dream about. Don't you?
    • Jackmydad
    • By Jackmydad 12th Sep 19, 12:31 PM
    • 6,992 Posts
    • 22,399 Thanks
    Jackmydad
    Then again he is the voice on Thomas the Tank Engine and just found this profound quote

Duck still wonders about the lands beyond the horizon, but I think he knows that sometimes the best travels are those you can only dream about. Don't you?
    Yes, but to be fair they're just someone else's words that he's voiced.
    I prefer Ringo to some of the remainer slebs who've added their voices to the cause.
    • duncanthedog
    • By duncanthedog 12th Sep 19, 2:57 PM
    • 617 Posts
    • 1,412 Thanks
    duncanthedog
    Yes - BUT

At least he has said something whereas our wonderful elected body will not even say which side they support let alone get on with the job they were elected to do.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 12th Sep 19, 3:09 PM
    • 55,643 Posts
    • 153,282 Thanks
    colinw
    Yes - BUT

At least he has said something whereas our wonderful elected body will not even say which side they support let alone get on with the job they were elected to do.
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    I know but an aged Beatles drummer who stopped being relevant in the Seventies who probably hardly spends anytime over here, I accept it has been a long and winding road but I am sure we can work it out or maybe have a revolution, maybe we will come together or maybe say Hello Goodbye....who knows
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 12th Sep 19, 4:19 PM
    • 2,074 Posts
    • 5,176 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    I know but an aged Beatles drummer who stopped being relevant in the Seventies who probably hardly spends anytime over here, I accept it has been a long and winding road but I am sure we can work it out or maybe have a revolution, maybe we will come together or maybe say Hello Goodbye....who knows
    He should just let it be.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Sep 19, 5:24 PM
    • 28,947 Posts
    • 16,092 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Can you believe the dentist just had a look and told me to book another appointment to get my wisdom tooth sorted? And the appointment was for 3 weeks time.
    Luckily it turned out well in the end and i got a call changing it to next week. They must have noticed how annoyed i was. Or simply came to their senses, realised it was unacceptable and moved appointments around to fit me in.
    • joho
    • By joho 13th Sep 19, 8:40 AM
    • 4,113 Posts
    • 14,337 Thanks
    joho
    108 emails from Freecycle is rather irritating this morning.
    There - in that place; they're - they are; their - owned by them.
    If you have nothing constructive to say, just move along.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Sep 19, 8:45 AM
    • 18,079 Posts
    • 38,711 Thanks
    Sleazy
    108 emails from Freecycle is rather irritating this morning.
    Originally posted by joho
    Anything you wanted?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 13th Sep 19, 8:49 AM
    • 19,708 Posts
    • 50,037 Thanks
    elsien
    Cold sores and fleas.
    Only one of which is down to me at present, I hasten to add.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 13th Sep 19, 8:56 AM
    • 18,079 Posts
    • 38,711 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Cold sores and fleas.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Who's got the cold sore?
    • colinw
    • By colinw 13th Sep 19, 9:36 AM
    • 55,643 Posts
    • 153,282 Thanks
    colinw
    Cold sores and fleas.
    Originally posted by elsien
    Especially when the cold sores start climbing up your face, horrible things
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,838Posts Today

7,674Users online

Martin's Twitter