Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    • 14,026Posts
    • 43,498Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel
    • 2nd Aug 17, 12:40 PM
    0 WOW
    Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel 2nd Aug 17 at 12:40 PM
    It is that time again for a new thread as the old one is about to approach its 314th page.

Thanks to 3010 for posting the last thread

Please note in post number two there is now a list of FAQ that 3010 very kindly posted on the old thread so I have copied it here. .

Happy Posting

Link to old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4742377

Link to Join (Private Households) https://rmselfrecruit.research-int.com/Questionnaire/qstIntroductionPrivate.aspx

Link to Join (Businesses with Franking Abilities) https://rmbus.research-int.com

FAQS http://rmpanelzone.research-int.com/FAQ.htm
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 126
    • redagila
    • By redagila 9th Sep 19, 10:59 PM
    • 4,570 Posts
    • 15,179 Thanks
    redagila
    It's been the other way with me.

I was just coming to the end of my 6 months stint on the panel, but they asked me to do a further 6 months as they must be under subscribed in my area. Do not have to go through re-training again.
    Originally posted by libra10

Yes I've had that in the past but don't think I'll agree if it happens this time as I feel I want a break from the main survey although I'll jump at either of the CDS & UMS.
    • joeyjimbles
    • By joeyjimbles 10th Sep 19, 12:49 PM
    • 1,870 Posts
    • 10,272 Thanks
    joeyjimbles

I was just coming to the end of my 6 months stint on the panel, but they asked me to do a further 6 months as they must be under subscribed in my area. Do not have to go through re-training again.
    That happened to me last time, and they said I wouldn't have to do re-training but I did end up doing a couple of weeks of it regardless. And then they changed the website and that extension just wouldn't stop. I'm happy that the last stint has just been 6 months and it's almost over.
    • libra10
    • By libra10 10th Sep 19, 1:07 PM
    • 12,177 Posts
    • 289,177 Thanks
    libra10
    I was looking forward to finishing for the present and was in two minds whether to keep on.

Usually I post the items when walking the dog, and as there haven't been too many parcels, decided to keep on.
    • dobbiesloan
    • By dobbiesloan 10th Sep 19, 4:19 PM
    • 1,612 Posts
    • 2,977 Thanks
    dobbiesloan

I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks, just waiting to be told that I'm getting booted.
    GONE ENGLAND
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 11th Sep 19, 3:39 PM
    • 1,201 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    Saetana
    Well I finally gave in and installed the app today. Nothing to post until Friday so will see how my first experience goes. I'm mainly worried about all the extra prize draws I'm missing out on - competitions is a particular hobby of mine
    2019 Wins: London Break, 145 cash, 125 vouchers, 2 cases of wine, football shirt, 2 x meal out voucher, 4 scratchcard, 2 t-shirts, football, face cream, 85 sun creams, chocolate, coffee, Haribo
    • dobbiesloan
    • By dobbiesloan 11th Sep 19, 5:10 PM
    • 1,612 Posts
    • 2,977 Thanks
    dobbiesloan
    I'm mainly worried about all the extra prize draws I'm missing out on - D
    Originally posted by Saetana
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will log in every day even if I have nothing to post.
    GONE ENGLAND
    • elsien
    • By elsien 11th Sep 19, 9:50 PM
    • 19,708 Posts
    • 50,037 Thanks
    elsien
    I've prepared and posted an item before updating on the system. Which is when I realise I've used a smart I apparently don't have.
    I'm now in a loop where when I go into the system to send a different item it tells me I have an unprepared item, do I want to do it now? I say no (because I can't) then when I try to send any of the correctly prepared items I get a very annoying oops error message and it won't let me do anything else.
    Kind of stuck now till someone gets back to me.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Primrose
    • By Primrose 12th Sep 19, 7:52 AM
    • 8,858 Posts
    • 31,562 Thanks
    Primrose
    This has happened to me on occasions where I,ve quickly grabbed a smart and included it in an envelope without first checking it was on the list. You're right. There's no way of including one that somebody has misused and sent so in those cases I,ve just listed No Smart included.

Kantar need to update their software to allow a "rogue" smart to be listed but I doubt that will happen. Perhaps I,ve misunderstood what you're trying to do as I,ve never had an occasion where I,ve been blocked from action. - I've just occasionally had to post stuff without adhering 100% to their recording regime.
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 13th Sep 19, 10:10 AM
    • 4,819 Posts
    • 2,105 Thanks
    aardvaak
    Does anyone know why some posts I receive do not contain smarts (I assume this is as the sender was directed).

I have always thought the posts come from businesses like banks and they have told RM they don't want to fuff around with smarts.

Today I received a post that contained a smart bu did not ask for info like size of envelope and posting class?
    Last edited by aardvaak; 13-09-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 13th Sep 19, 12:10 PM
    • 4,570 Posts
    • 15,179 Thanks
    redagila
    Quite pleased with the new system of rewards. Ordered a Sainsburys gift card on 4/9 & it has arrived today.
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 13th Sep 19, 1:03 PM
    • 4,819 Posts
    • 2,105 Thanks
    aardvaak
    Quite pleased with the new system of rewards. Ordered a Sainsburys gift card on 4/9 & it has arrived today.
    Originally posted by redagila

Yes it makes a change to trying to find somewhere to spend the dreaded high street vouchers
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 13th Sep 19, 2:37 PM
    • 1,112 Posts
    • 1,050 Thanks
    General Grant
    A side issue -
    When you use the Sainsbury's gift card, do you receive Nectar points for that part of your spend.
    (In the past I've ordered a Sainsbury's gift card using Nectar points and when I used the card, no fresh Nectar points were awarded for the spend - just like when you redeem Nectar points in a normal shop.)
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 13th Sep 19, 3:25 PM
    • 1,201 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    Saetana
    Well I just used the app to log my postings for the first time - no problems at all, although I think next time I'll enable location sevices before opening the app to save time (don't have it running all the time due to battery drain)
    2019 Wins: London Break, 145 cash, 125 vouchers, 2 cases of wine, football shirt, 2 x meal out voucher, 4 scratchcard, 2 t-shirts, football, face cream, 85 sun creams, chocolate, coffee, Haribo
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 13th Sep 19, 3:28 PM
    • 1,201 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    Saetana
    Does anyone know why some posts I receive do not contain smarts (I assume this is as the sender was directed).

I have always thought the posts come from businesses like banks and they have told RM they don't want to fuff around with smarts.

Today I received a post that contained a smart bu did not ask for info like size of envelope and posting class?
    Originally posted by aardvaak
    It is generally letters/packets sent/received to and from businesses that have no smarts - although its not always the case. Its also not unusual for letters received from businesses to have a shortened entry screen when you log the item, ie no asking about size/correct address etc. I'm not sure why this is the case but its been happening for the 6/7 years I've been on the survey so its nothing to worry about
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 14th Sep 19, 10:06 AM
    • 4,819 Posts
    • 2,105 Thanks
    aardvaak
    I just got a mailing from some dipstick (Postmarked South Wales) that contained a smart but had no label attached so I could'nt log it in.

I tried phoning RM but only answerphone on - I thought they were there on Saturdays.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 14th Sep 19, 10:23 AM
    • 4,570 Posts
    • 15,179 Thanks
    redagila
    A side issue -
    When you use the Sainsbury's gift card, do you receive Nectar points for that part of your spend.
    (In the past I've ordered a Sainsbury's gift card using Nectar points and when I used the card, no fresh Nectar points were awarded for the spend - just like when you redeem Nectar points in a normal shop.)
    Originally posted by General Grant
    I haven't used the card yet so can't answer about this one. In the past I have used gift cards obtained from various surveys I do & the full amount of points has been awarded as far as I can remember. Would suggest that if your card had been obtained with Nectar points you are unlikely to get further points on the spend because you would in effect be getting points on original points.

I'll post again when I do use the gift card unless someone else can advise.
    • hwg3141
    • By hwg3141 14th Sep 19, 11:27 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 258 Thanks
    hwg3141
    Hi, I can't seem to sign up; the link does a 404 page not found error. Can anyone help?
    • elsien
    • By elsien 14th Sep 19, 11:30 AM
    • 19,708 Posts
    • 50,037 Thanks
    elsien
    https://tnspostalplatformgms.tnsglobal.com

And try the contact us link at the bottom.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • Februarycat
    • By Februarycat 14th Sep 19, 11:50 AM
    • 1,353 Posts
    • 1,835 Thanks
    Februarycat

I might order a Sainsburys one, can you use the gift card online as I do my big food shop online and would use it for that.
    OnePoll = 40.00 11/3/16 - 40 28/12/17
    25.00 11/10/18 25.00 08/07/19
    Pureprofile = 25.00 16/3/19
    PanelOpinion = 10.59 4.1.19
    • Anvil1
    • By Anvil1 14th Sep 19, 1:17 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    Anvil1
    Just got email invite for correctly delivered survey from 30 September
    I was to late to claim , it had gone
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,809Posts Today

7,538Users online

Martin's Twitter