M&S sale now on

12346»

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Just wondering whether the 90% bargains picked up over the last day or so were on the rack last week, or its stuff that's been imported instore (eg from the online warehouse) for the event?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Ladies outerwear was generally size 6 and 8 or 20 and above. Underwear had wider range - perhaps because, at 10 am, it was on the first floor of the store, away from the ground floor outerwear items and not so prominently displayed.

Did buy a dress - skinny rib long dress on an XXL hanger but label said M and it was OK on my size 10/12 body. That was £2.39. I had seen that on the rack during 70% off time.
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 January 2020 at 6:00PM
    Thanks for the sale info everyone.

Bit hit and miss with my items and was surprised to see a queue this morning.

Not only loads of bayers but also people who own shops, I see a couple in our store who own a shop in our small town.

But I suppose there's no rules on who can or can't buy!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Great I was waiting outside the door at 8am with a few others and there were loads and loads of ladies clothes and mens too.

The staff were putting out some new stuff and still marking items down while we shopped.

I bought 6 pairs of lovely trousers £2 or less/ 2 smart blouses £1.75/ fury slippers £2 / trainer socks 80p / loads of men's thick poppy day socks 33p a a pair

There were lovely things such as good quality king-size duvet sets for £4.50 and no cover needed duvets £4 also.

lovely dog coats almost wished we had a dog still!

Definitely a good day. Also had good chats with other punters passing stuff to each other - no animosity at my store - except the staff who were decidedly stroppy!!
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Just wondering whether the 90% bargains picked up over the last day or so were on the rack last week, or its stuff that's been imported instore (eg from the online warehouse) for the event?

On the rack, nothing imported in the store I visited. One of their large flagship stores in a retail park. Surely the stuff that's removed from smaller stores (if indeed that's true), is sent to their Outlet stores?
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,505 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I popped back in and got some t shirts and tops and pair of trousers for £7. Not that much left compared to this morning skinny stuff or fabrics I won’t wear.

I got £270 of stuff for £27. I’m glad I got my sports leggings though as I hate shppping for bottoms but these leggings fit me well. I usually wait for the sales to get them as I refuse to pay full price. Also there was a a lot of shorts in sports wear but didn’t get them as I would look awful in them.
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts