Ebay Payment Problems Today ??

Options
I am having real trouble paying for an item on Ebay.
None of my payment methods work.
Is it me or is there a problem ??
TIA

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TIA

I had a BIN with immediate payment that showed as 'paid' on my sold page, but 'payment failed' when you looked at the address, it also did not show in my paypal account.

I emailed the buyer who said he couldn't see the payment either but wasn't happy about re paying (I don't blame him) as it showed as paid on his purchased page. In the end I cancelled the sale as buyer said he would prefer that, it didn't ask about the refund as it usually does- but then when I checked my paypal account again it showed as payment in and then refunded.

Looks like paypal and ebay aren't talking to each other this morning.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Yes, I've had to refund someone today and it came up "refund failed, please refund via paypal" but when I checked, it had gone through.
  • Laulen
    Options
    TIA

Me too! I have tried via mobile, laptop, and two different web browsers. All to no effect!

No payments have been processed, and it does not appear to be a spam situation.

I have deleted all cookies to have a 'clean' boot, but this achieves nothing.

Help! How do I pay this eBay user for this low-cost item?

The help provided is circular and most unhelpful. Is it possible to speak to a person at eBay?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Laulen
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Laulen wrote: »
    Me too! I have tried via mobile, laptop, and two different web browsers. All to no effect!

No payments have been processed, and it does not appear to be a spam situation.

I have deleted all cookies to have a 'clean' boot, but this achieves nothing.

Help! How do I pay this eBay user for this low-cost item?

The help provided is circular and most unhelpful. Is it possible to speak to a person at eBay?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Laulen

You are replying to a thread nearly 2 years old so I doubt it is still the same glitch.

Sometimes leaving the page for a while and trying later works.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There does appear to be a new problem over night - seen some posts on FB about it
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport