Mrs S, family life and debt

Comments

• MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning!

I've managed another £2.50 payment with opinion outpost. I've been looking at swagbucks again, but forgot how annoying it could be!! I spend ages on a survey to be kicked out half way through!! I've got 300 swagbucks at the moment, so half way to a £5 voucher or almost halfway to a £5 PayPal payout. Prolific is still super slow!!

Christmas shopping day. I need to sort out the vouchers in a bit so I know exactly what's on each one and print out the Tesco lunch voucher and my shopping list. I will be sticking to budget on the boys (and everyone else!!). Lots of money is going to be spent today (not very mse!!) but not a penny outside the vouchers and Christmas budget.

I also need to remember to pick up my asda order for ds2's snowsuit and hat.

I've checked ynab and the accounts this morning and everything ok there. One bill has gone out today, and all transactions have cleared on the Tesco credit card.

Right, time to get ready for Christmas shopping!!
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck and hope you manage to stick to your budgets!
  • MrsSave
    Christmas shopping done, and managed to come in within budget (just!!). I've got a handful more gifts to buy, but not many at all. The boys are sorted!! All other children we buy for are sorted. I got 2 lots of £10 gift cards back from Toys r Us, which are to be spent from 18th November onwards and only during a small time frame. I need to have a good think about What to get - either something like Lego for ds1's birthday (not for a while) or stock up with something like nappies!

I made sure I updated ynab after every purchase which really kept me on top of things, and we wrote everything down as we went round. It was so nice though that a huge part of today was paid with vouchers that I'd been saving for each month, it seemed a lot better than paying (though I know there's no difference!!).

We used Tesco vouchers for lunch, and then got another £5 off the drinks bill by filling in a survey!! I also picked up a few food bits in M&S and had loads off because of the offers on my sparks card. One of the offers I still haven't quite worked out the what and how it happened, but I'm definitely not complaining!!

We've listed another item on Facebook, and it should be gone tomorrow. That's another £30 to be added to the pot!!

All in all, today was a good day!! :j
  • MrsSave
    Friday :j

I'm working today and then I've got my usual 4 days off. I've got about £17 left in the spending pot to last until tonight as well as £15 in the leftover pot. Today should be a nsd so tomorrow night we can have a takeaway!! I've been looking forward to this takeaway since last weekend. Though, in theory the money will come from next week's pot (my money weeks start on a Saturday!!).

I need to finish updating my Tesco shop for tomorrow's delivery and add my final £5 off voucher. Ds1 is having a haircut tomorrow, which has been budgeted for, other than that (and the takeaway!) this weekend shouldn't be too spendy.

We've been eating through dump meals in the freezer and dinner for me and Dh last night were the 2 ready meals that have been in the freezer for ages and we almost have a shelf clear now for the Christmas turkey!! :j

I was discussing with Dh last night about his bonus which he gets at the beginning of December, and it should be a good one!! :j Most of it will go under savings and he did mention enough to redecorate the boys' room, which is on our savings list!! Yay!!
  • MrsSave
    It's the weekend!! :j and at 20 to 9 I'm thinking about going to bed!! :rotfl:

Money wise today is good. We sold another Facebook item, so that's another £30 made :j I've had a nsd but Dh popped to the shop earlier. He doesn't spend money often, and asked how much we had before he went so I'm definitely not complaining. Dh is back at work now for a few hours. He's done quite a bit of overtime this week.

Food delivery is coming tomorrow morning and I've added the £5 voucher and also an extra points voucher.

Right, I'm thinking an early night and a read through some diaries.
  • MrsSave
    I ended up asleep before 9:30! That did mean though that I was up early building Lego with ds1 whilst Dh and ds2 slept in!! Apparently I get to sleep in tomorrow :j

Today's planned spends are a haircut for ds1 this afternoon and a takeaway tonight. This takeaway has been planned since last weekend and I'm really looking forward to it!! I love a curry!! I ordered a couple of cobra beers to come with our Tesco shop to have with the curry.

Tesco shop came. No substitutions today (we have had a few good substitutions recently - a 700ml bottle of whisky instead of a 350ml one, and a large chicken instead of a medium). After that we've got about £40 to last the week and £20 in the overflow pot (I still haven't decided on a proper name for this pot!!). The haircut has been budgeted for separately, but the takeaway will come out of this.

Dh is enjoying this facebook selling. He mentioned selling ds2's 9-12 month clothes earlier, until I reminded him that ds2 is actually still wearing them :rotfl:

I've managed a couple of opinion outpost surveys this morning (and I'm being sent food to trial through the post!!). I'm halfway to my next payout. Prolific is still being super slow. I keep dipping into swagbucks but then keep getting annoyed with it. May give it another go later!
  • Selling clothes from the child's back. That's taking the money saving just a little too far....
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • MrsSave
    Selling clothes from the child's back. That's taking the money saving just a little too far....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I did stop him :rotfl:
  • MrsSave
    Usually popping into town on a Saturday would involve spending money. Today I paid for ds1's haircut, they also fitted ds2 in but didn't charge for him :j I did pop in to Tesco and picked up a second half price large chicken (one came with this morning's delivery - they are dated week Sunday so that's next Sunday's roast sorted!) and some chestnuts (I have a weakness for them), but paid cash. I don't often carry cash, but I took money out when we went shopping the other day. When I take money out of the cash point I class it as already spent, so no changes to ynab today (though I did get 3 lots of 20ps in my change which I added to the turkey fund!!). I didn't spend anything else in town! Woohoo!!

I have managed a couple more surveys and have cashed out another £2.50 :j I am super excited for our takeaway tonight. I know I'll have the same as I always do, but I went through a stage of trying different curries and none come close to my lamb dhansak!!
  • Hope you enjoyed your curry MrsS! Weve had far too many takeaways recently so need to stop now otherwise it doesnt feel like a treat! xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport