We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream fund challenge part 4

COOLTRIKERCHICK
COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510
Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
edited 4 October 2014 at 11:24AM in Gardening
back in march 2009. this thread started, as I had daydreamed of having a smallholding for far too many years than I can remember.. since then, we are now on our 4th new thread.. and have a nice bunch of mse'rs who are at various stages of their dream... even if you ream is to have a plot of land, or a house with a nice garden.. join in, all are welcome..

here are the links to the other 3 threads
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1544047&highlight=daydream
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3812953&highlight=daydream

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4651793&highlight=daydream
Work to live= not live to work

Comments

• Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks CTC. Those links will make for some interesting reading when I winter comes. :D

Can I echo the bit about joining in? There's no need to commit to post regularly, but if you're out there, reading, it would be great to hear from you, especially in parts of the country we don't cover. :)
  • Better_Days
    Better_Days Posts: 2,742
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Ohh a shiny new thread, which appears to have stretched somewhat on my screen :D

Wet and windy here today. Brother and family arrived last night, and have gone off to Bury St Ed's for a couple of hours so house currently quiet.

Sorry for your sad news alfie and Rozee :(:(

Afraid I have no suggestions for you on the back of a used £10 note Dave - as I don't even understand the question, but am happy to be 'educated' as you update us all. :o

Computer wars are ongoing in the BD household. :(:( Put the new HDD in my lappy, installed all 157 Windows updates, all going well.....turned lappy on the next morning and it's not at all happy - got the 'black screen of death' first thought it was a dodgy hdd, but now probably an issue with drivers. So am gathering my energy to resume the battle next week. If the worst comes to the worst I can always put the old HDD in, but don't like to be beaten by the bloomin' thing.......
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • Davesnave
    Forumite
    edited 4 October 2014 at 3:18PM

Afraid I have no suggestions for you on the back of a used £10 note Dave - as I don't even understand the question, but am happy to be 'educated' as you update us all. :o.

It's the problem of having surplus sub-soil and stones if we create a new soak-away with our building rubble. We shall then be left with a pile of earth and rock that no one will want, excavated from the big hole we'll make.:(

Our predecessors solved this sort of problem by building long barrows. Having just got rid of these, I am not keen to make another!

We think we've solved the problem of the substantial leak from the temporary new roof. Big hole we couldn't see last night. :)
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Davesnave wrote: »
    It's the problem of having surplus sub-soil and stones if we create a new soak-away with our building rubble. We shall then be left with a pile of earth and rock that no one will want, excavated from the big hole we'll make.:(

Our predecessors solved this sort of problem by building long barrows. Having just got rid of these, I am not keen to make another!

We think we've solved the problem of the substantial leak from the temporary new roof. Big hole we couldn't see last night. :)

Wouldn't barrows with trees have been good down dog end?

We have a barrow. :(. Pita. It blocks view to top end of field and gets all boggy behind it.
  • Fay
    Fay Posts: 1,031
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Shiny new thread, thank you for keeping this going CTC. Sorry I am only just posting photos. My garden is a very funny shape so I can't even describe it, there are also different levels but here are a few shots. It currently needs a very good tidy up and I'm about to start some projects so these are photos from various times:

I'm going to try a test with one because I'm trying Flickr for the first time!

• Fay
    Forumite
    Clearly flickr doesn't like me and I can't copy links from photobucket for some reason. Grrrr.
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Quiet day.

All achieved was foundinrates dug over about three or four metres of bed.

Somethings better than nothing right? :)

Tomorrow has to be electric fencing moving day. I hate setting up electric fencing.
  • Fay
    Forumite
    Sorry guys I cannot work out Flickr and for some reason since doing an update on my iPad the ability to copy links has gone for some strange reason. I will keep trying.
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    :eek: You moved without telling me :eek: are you trying to shake me off??:rotfl:
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Davesnave
    Forumite
    Wouldn't barrows with trees have been good down dog end?

We have a barrow. :(. Pita. It blocks view to top end of field and gets all boggy behind it.

We've already filled-in the non-wet pond and planted trees at the Dog End. We also added more stuff about 6 weeks ago when we did the caravan hard standing, so that area's pretty full! :o

The good news is that neighbour's landlady has family with an ability to take the surplus. She's being ultra-helpful now. :)'
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback