Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• Watfordian654
    Options
    I just had the following back from Bott & Co (EU Claim) ...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

If you are not able to send us documents we cannot file a claim for you.
    We need proof that you were booked on the flight you want to claim for.
    We hope you have now been properly informed and we apologize to have to write to you that we cannot help you with this complaint.

Kind regards,

Janine Niemöller

I don't have any of the boarding cards, itinerary etc but I provided full details of all passengers, exact details of the aircraft (registration, type) dates, flight numbers ...

Not looking good in this respect ... Does anyone know how to provide the proof and confirm I was on a particular flight , it was Thomas Cook in 2009.

Many thanks,

Watfordian654
  • David_e
    David_e Posts: 1,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not looking good in this respect ... Does anyone know how to provide the proof and confirm I was on a particular flight , it was Thomas Cook in 2009.

There's lots on the forum about whay upi can get from the airline (if they still have it) and how to go about getting that. I susect it will be linked somewhere on the FAQs or you could use the search facility.

What B&Co will accept to take your case and what the courts would need may be slightly different, of course. Have B&Co given any steer?
  • picardygirl
    picardygirl Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 20 March 2014 at 2:46PM
    Options
    You shouldn't have to put up with this. You are entitled to know what is happening and if you aren't getting anywhere you should complain. You should have received a client care letter when you engaged the solicitors and this should tell you the name of partner in charge of your case (even if that person isn't the actual fee-earner). Write to him or her.

Thanks ...... I emailed my NWNF company last Friday and had a bit of a moan, them never updating me and told them fed up of them saying they 'may' issue court proceedings etc yet never hearing from them til I request an update ..... with my moaning email I received a response immediately saying they have now instructed a solicitor to my case!!!!

I have now had an email from a solicitors saying they would be issuing (that day) a 14 day warning letter to Thomas Cook or court proceedings would start ......... so its taken this company 7 months to get them to get a "solicitor" to write to Thomas Cook ...... can see this taking some time!!!
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's pathetically slow, picardygirl: it's taken them 7 months to write an NBA?! Name and shame them - who has your case?
  • picardygirl
    picardygirl Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    That's pathetically slow, picardygirl: it's taken them 7 months to write an NBA?! Name and shame them - who has your case?

I will name and shame but when I've either binned them or got a definitive answer from them ;) (they agreed initially i "should" be entitled to compensation from flight stats info).

Whats so infuriating is that i'd written to Thomas Cook twice myself (using templates from here ;) ) and got typical exceptional circumstances clap trap letters both times! Wish now i'd written to CAA myself as thats what "the" company i'm using have been saying they have been waiting on!!!!

I just didnt have the b*lls to attempt to try and take them to court myself hence using a NWNF company. Flight stats confirmed we were delayed for 4 hours 2 minutes, but 1.5 hours was in the terminal the next nearly 3 hours we were on board the plane! That was pleasant, not! Mid July, in Turkey, cramped on an airplane with no air con, no refreshments ...... so our 4ish hour flight, think we actually sat on plane for 7-8 hours!

A friend of mine (different flight but same week with Thomas Cook and same destination) got typical refusal letters from TC so filled in form on CAA website (October 2013) got paid out in full from Thomas Cook in December 2013 ....... highsight :o
  • georgewn.1
    Options
    I just had the following back from Bott & Co (EU Claim) ...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

If you are not able to send us documents we cannot file a claim for you.
    We need proof that you were booked on the flight you want to claim for.
    We hope you have now been properly informed and we apologize to have to write to you that we cannot help you with this complaint.

Kind regards,

Janine Niemöller

I don't have any of the boarding cards, itinerary etc but I provided full details of all passengers, exact details of the aircraft (registration, type) dates, flight numbers ...

Many thanks,

Watfordian654

I have just approached bott&co and have had a similar email .
    My flight was in 2010 with Thomsons.
    I went into my local branch and they printed a copy of the original confirmation I was given at the time I booked, it took them about 5 mins to find and print it.
    Perhaps your local branch of thomas cook could do the same for you.
  • Grannyannie9
    Options
    Another update - things seem to be moving along. I got another email today from solicitors
    "We have now received confirmation from the Court that formal Court Proceedings have been issued. The Proceedings have been served on the airline and they are obliged to acknowledge receipt of those Proceedings within 14 days and then provide a formal written Defence within a further 14 days."

Kind Regards,

Bott & Co

They are keeping me informed every step of the way, good work. :-)
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Things have ground to a complete halt for me.

Airline defence received 18th October and Bott are now waiting on "Directions from the court" but have been waiting over 5 months for these...........
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    liviboy wrote: »
    Things have ground to a complete halt for me.

Airline defence received 18th October and Bott are now waiting on "Directions from the court" but have been waiting over 5 months for these...........

Quite normal really as it takes around that long for a court date to be provided. Bott & Co will update you though if needed although matters, in the majority of cases, are 'out of their hands'.
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vauban wrote: »
    If your delay was caused by a technical failure then the NWNF firm are probably waiting for the Court of Appeal to rule on the Huzar judgement. If that goes well then your case may not even have to go to court. Patience, Grasshopper: this all takes time (I did it myself and it took 14 months!).

Do we know when the Huzar judgement is taking place yet?

I thought things had ground to a halt...but it is just a case of sitting and waiting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure