;)Im going to be frugal;)
    Beetlejuice Beetlejuice...................:rotfl:
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pretani wrote: »
    ....and the salon around the corner does a great purple wrinse:rotfl:

Funnily enough, I have had every other hair colour except purple. Maybe I should go get one :D
  • Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Options
    Would a bunch of MSE purple wrinses with their granny trolleys packed to the brim with cheap herbs and spices be out of the ordinary on the Ormeau road ? don't want to stand out:o:rotfl:
  • Bigcammy
    Bigcammy Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's a common sight................
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
  • happymummy24-7
    happymummy24-7 Posts: 664 Forumite
    Options
    perhaps the male MSE's might,lol.
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

• Pretani
    Pretani Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Options
    I've been looking at the map showing the 3 shops in Belfast, and its surprising how close together they are, yet ther doesn't seem to be any outside of belfast. It makes a trip to all 3 easy from the Lisburn rd, Donegal pass and the Ormeau Rd.
  • fivealive_2
    fivealive_2 Posts: 225 Forumite
    Options
    I would be interested in knowing the price of long grain rice per kilo in these places; a friend recently got me 5kg of ordinary rice in one of those places and it worked out a few pence dearer than the ordinary rice (long grain) that I normally buy in Lidl's which comes in nice symmetrical boxes that stand neatly in my cupboard and don't threaten to decant all over the floor like the big plastic bag from the Chinese Supermarket.
    Regarding Asian sauces and condiments I have found B&M Bargains brilliant for getting these cheaply. They are usually short-dated and you get different things at different times but anything I buy seems to be a third of what I was paying in Tesco's. I always start with a basket and end up going back for a trolley.
    For herbs and spices "Life Tree" in Spencer Road in the Waterside area of Derry is very reasonable; they are sold in small quantities so you only buy what you want and they are fresh because they have a good turnover. No saving if you have to drive miles to get there but great if you are in that area anyway. Think LifeTree do some mail order stuff too http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/city-of-derry/business-guide/feature/life-tree/45405
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Would a bunch of MSE purple wrinses with their granny trolleys packed to the brim with cheap herbs and spices be out of the ordinary on the Ormeau road ? don't want to stand out:o:rotfl:

I think we'd blend in ok, student area, so no one would bat an eye :p
  • Wee_Bargain_Hunter
    Wee_Bargain_Hunter Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 May 2009 at 12:51PM
    Options
    I think we'd blend in ok, student area, so no one would bat an eye :p
    Maybe a cheap :money:purple wig would be better for when we go back to our normal lives!

ps someone mentioned a granny trolly - I'd love a funky one - does anyone have one?
  • Wee_Bargain_Hunter
    Options
    I've been looking at the map showing the 3 shops in Belfast, and its surprising how close together they are, yet ther doesn't seem to be any outside of belfast. It makes a trip to all 3 easy from the Lisburn rd, Donegal pass and the Ormeau Rd.

OK I've worked it out - first stop Lisburn Road & feel virtuous enough with all the money saving to have a cup of coffee. Next the Ormeau Road/Agincourt one & then a picnic while the kids play in the park. Finally the Donegall Pass one. Put all the cold stuff in cool bags & go off to have a well deserved meal in one of the local Chinese restaurants - hopefully paying with a voucher or via one of those booking sites to get a MSE discount! (Probably best to remove the purple wigs first though or they might not let us in...)

Combining money saving & a great day out...:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport