memory foam matresses

Comments

• isayoldchap
    isayoldchap Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    I'm interested in memory foam for my bed as well. Would I be correct in saying that because I already have a decent pocket spung mattress a 2/2.5 ins topper would be a good buy?

Hi Lindsey
    We bought some of the single toppers from this seller on Ebay 290187642183.These were for the kids beds and have proved a great buy.
  • fredy34
    fredy34 Posts: 245 Forumite
    After an extensive search and lots of trying out with beds i went back to So-2-SleepNI to test their bed out again and i have to say it did feel better made that any of the other ones i had tried (at the same price).
    I bought it yesterday for £510 (pocket sprung with memory foam on top) and i was able to get it delivered last night! great service.

I know ive only had one night of sleep but it was the best nights sleep ive had in years and i woke up this morning without a sore back!.

Top marks to So-2-SleepNI. they also do memory foam pillows for £25.

You wont get much of a discount but i did manage to get him to drop the delivery charge.

thanks to everyone with their advice
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    fredy34 wrote: »
    After an extensive search and lots of trying out with beds i went back to So-2-SleepNI to test their bed out again and i have to say it did feel better made that any of the other ones i had tried (at the same price).
    I bought it yesterday for £510 (pocket sprung with memory foam on top) and i was able to get it delivered last night! great service.

I know ive only had one night of sleep but it was the best nights sleep ive had in years and i woke up this morning without a sore back!.

Top marks to So-2-SleepNI. they also do memory foam pillows for £25.

You wont get much of a discount but i did manage to get him to drop the delivery charge.

thanks to everyone with their advice

If that is the same So-2-Sleep who also have a factory in West Yorkshire (Ipresume it is because most of their mattresses come covered in Irish linen), then you have made a very good purchse.

Did you go for the Shannon or the Colleen?

I'd better not say any more as we sell them, and I don't want to be accused of advertising.
  • fredy34
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    If that is the same So-2-Sleep who also have a factory in West Yorkshire (Ipresume it is because most of their mattresses come covered in Irish linen), then you have made a very good purchse.

Did you go for the Shannon or the Colleen?

I'd better not say any more as we sell them, and I don't want to be accused of advertising.

not sure what i got (Its got felt on the sides of it) but its an excellent mattress!! never slept so well.
  • Tim_Deegan
    fredy34 wrote: »
    not sure what i got (Its got felt on the sides of it) but its an excellent mattress!! never slept so well.

Hmm, that has me puzzled.......does their logo have an owl on it?
  • Tobyruby
    Tobyruby Posts: 31 Forumite
    If you don't like to be hot in bed, and I mean electric blanket + hot water bottle hot, then don't get memory foam.
  • Ikea have a very good selection of matresses, which are apparently very highly regarded.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Ikea have a very good selection of matresses, which are apparently very highly regarded.

By who?????:confused:
  • dbs
    dbs Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm interested in memory foam for my bed as well. Would I be correct in saying that because I already have a decent pocket spung mattress a 2/2.5 ins topper would be a good buy?

Hope you get a reply because I am same as you already got a good pocket sprung mattress maybe a good mattress topper will help my sciatica.

Are all memory foam toppers the same?
    Are some makes better than others do they move about on top of the bed much?
  • fredy34
    Tim - no logo of an owl, says comfilux or something like that (Im too lazy to go look!)

Yes they are warm but not overly so. As for IKEA, the ones i tried out where mega cheap, not even remotely in the same catagory as the one i ended up with.

Mark
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport