SCAM petrol pumps

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,874
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    IShould i start on the earth being flat now?
    Can't be. There's a thread all about someone reversing their car into a chasm on someone's driveway.
  • stator
    stator Posts: 7,441
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
  • UKSBD
    UKSBD Posts: 795
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Turning that round the other way.

Does that mean if I buy premium quality petrol there is a possibility that the 1st 12pence worth is only regular?
  • facade
    facade Posts: 6,965
    Forumite
    I haven't seen one of those Olden Days mixer pumps, with only the one hose, for donkeys years, they always have different hoses for normal and expensive, so no.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • UKSBD
    UKSBD Posts: 795
    Forumite
    facade wrote: »
    I haven't seen one of those Olden Days mixer pumps, with only the one hose, for donkeys years, they always have different hoses for normal and expensive, so no.

Thank goodness for that.
    I would hate to think I was putting 12p worth of regular in when paying for premium.
  • EdGasket
    EdGasket Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    If its a self-service, pay at pump, then it is possible the previous person shut off the pump then put the hose back in the car and re-opened the trigger to drain what they could from the pipe. That would leave the next person paying for air as the OP says.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,625
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Im there with that one. Bought a telescope off ebay and had a look for the flag and other remnants of their landing. I found nothing.

The chinese landing also claimed their was no flag or other signs of a moon landing. I didnt find any traces of the Chinese landing either though.

Maybe its because we had trouble actually finding the moon on the telescope? Full moon (not a supermoon) but large and clear enough yet we struggled to find it :)

So i am doubting the moon actually exists so you cannot land on something that doesnt exist. :)
    Should i start on the earth being flat now?

:A:A:A:A:A

You won't be able to see the flag even if you knew where to look, after decades of exposure to the elements (for want of a better word) it's bleached white now so would be almost impossible to see against the rock
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Given how fuel pricing seems to work wouldn't it be 11.9p?
  • facade
    facade Posts: 6,965
    Forumite
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    You won't be able to see the flag even if you knew where to look, after decades of exposure to the elements (for want of a better word) it's bleached white now so would be almost impossible to see against the rock

Couldn't the wind that was blowing the flag in the original Moon Landing films have blown it over, and covered everything with dust?
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure