Debt Demolisher

Options

Comments

• motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Oh that's such great news! You are off and running (or jogging, as you say). I hope you enjoy knowing that everything is moving forwards.

Thankyou TOPM.
    I am actually enjoying myself so far :D
    foxyloxy11 wrote: »
    I'm really pleased for you... I could feel your nervousness about wages day.Phew!! weight off your shoulders...enjoy the rest of the week now :)

Thankyou foxy
    It feels like a big weight has been lifted :D

Whenever I logged in to this site a while ago I would head straight for the CC thread, looking for the best tips to move money around. Also reading regularly the DFW thread and the debt fee diaries looking for inspiration, promising myself that this will be the year that I finally sort our finances out and get us back on our feet. More and more reading later constantly on about money and saving every spare penny to put towards the dreaded CCs and loans. The debt got worse, interest started to kick in,the minimum payments were going up, the stress levels were going up, our life in general was pants.

On to today :j.
    Although we are literally just at the starting post things are soooooo much different now. I haven't even looked on the CC thread and not even been tempted to.
    (not that I have any working cards now anyway) :D
    I have my first DMP payment ready and waiting and I am not stressed at all about what the creditors will say or do. I have been budgeting and thinking ahead.

I don't expect it all to be plain sailing and am expecting some small bumps in the road but I will be ready and waiting. All thanks to this wonderful site that saved us from ourselves. The advice I have received on the DMP thread is priceless. It's what got us to where we are at the moment. Actually dealing with our debt,paying it off and being able to live a fairly normal life (whatever normal is) ;)

Thankyou all for your support and encouragement it means so much :A

Feeling very :dance:
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    What a great post to read. Go you!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You sound so happy, it's great!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • DancingUnicorn
    Options
    Hi, just caught up on your diary and thought (especially since we're DMP-start-date-twins now) I'd follow and cheer you on!
    I was so nervous when I set up my basic bank account (I actually applied online for a different one and was rejected and given a basic automatically which was a bit scary) and although all my direct debits, wages, etc transferred well, my Dad still insists on giving me gift money into my "living in the overdraft" account which I don't use at all now, other than to pay it off. So frustrating!
    LBM: October 2016: £20,130 / Current: May 2019: £12,576 37.53%
    DFD: [STRIKE]February 2024[/STRIKE] April 2022?
  • Lumanous
    Lumanous Posts: 132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Newly subscribed to your thread & just a quick check in. Glad to see you have started your journey and so glad you have support :)

LOVING your positivity :D much luck to you
    :A
    No, my username is not a typo :tongue:
  • motivated
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    You sound so happy, it's great!

Hi Bob. I thinks it's more relief that the pressure has been lifted to be honest. Long may it continue :)
    Hi, just caught up on your diary and thought (especially since we're DMP-start-date-twins now) I'd follow and cheer you on!
    I was so nervous when I set up my basic bank account (I actually applied online for a different one and was rejected and given a basic automatically which was a bit scary) and although all my direct debits, wages, etc transferred well, my Dad still insists on giving me gift money into my "living in the overdraft" account which I don't use at all now, other than to pay it off. So frustrating!

Hi DU. Overdrafts arggghhhh. They can be helpful but can also be an absolute pain. Hopefully you will be rid of it very soon :)
    Ms.Dita wrote: »
    Newly subscribed to your thread & just a quick check in. Glad to see you have started your journey and so glad you have support

LOVING your positivity :D much luck to you
    Hi Ms Dita thanks for popping in. My mood has changed dramatically since I accepted I needed to do something and had my true LBM :)

I even catch myself singing at work ( badly too but I don't care) :rotfl:
    M
  • dottydebts
    dottydebts Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    So glad your wages went into the right account! Sounds like everything is off to a good start :)

Great news on ocado too! I may have to have a look if they're planning on giving me £20......
  • motivated
    edited 16 March 2017 at 8:48PM
    Options
    dottydebts wrote: »
    So glad your wages went into the right account! Sounds like everything is off to a good start :)

Great news on ocado too! I may have to have a look if they're planning on giving me £20......

Hi dotty
    Wages went in without a hitch, such a relief. I didn't want a load of hassle if it didn't but panic over now.

As for Ocado I was shopping in about 5 supermarkets online and was putting shopping in the baskets and looking at the differences in price and value for money etc. The site was offering £20 off of an £80 shop. Anyway I didn't check out and forgot about it. I then received an email offering £20 off of a £60 shop with free delivery so a double whammy. That's better I thought and went ahead with the deal :T. Cheeky but very :money:
    No complaints about the quality of the food either.
    M
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi all and thankyou for your ongoing support.

Have had a good day sort of, contacted both Barclaycards again today to give them our SC reference number and requesting that they stop all interest and charges from now on. I quoted lots of jargon that I picked up from the DMP support thread. I was trying to sound intelligent :p. Will await their replies. Hopefully soon.

Our MBNA cards have been brilliant and have already written to say they will stop all interest and charges from now on, they accept our monthly payment and have basically left us alone. Couldn't have been nicer about it to be honest.

I have just check our old bank account and noticed that interest has been added to the loans. This has now added more money to our overall total. :mad: I have updated my SC balances and on we go.

SC would have definitely been in touch with them by now and I hope to receive a letter from them very soon. Hopefully they will play ball too. If not I will be writing them one of my intelligent letters too :rotfl:

I am refusing to let it get me down as they can do their worst and it won't change anything but my DFD. They will still be getting the same payment every month.

My plan is to try and up my DMP payments as time goes on but for now I just need to plod along and enjoy what I do have as opposed to what I don't. :D

Another weekly budget to do tomorrow and we still have a little money left in the account from this weeks which I will transfer out into one of the savings accounts and start the week fresh with DHs wage in the morning .:T
    M
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Your doing great. Keep going!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure