Cheap Airport Parking: Manc'ster & L'pool Airports hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• Stephb1986 wrote: »
    Which company was it as we're about to book 2 cars in for a meet and greet, I have used elite valet parking before now the car was fine when it came back apart from we asked for a top valet and the alloys and stuff wasnt done properly.

Steph xx

Dear Steph,

We have used Elite on a couple of occassions and found them good. Just used them this week and had 30 some miles on clock on pickup. Was a bit suprised, when we dropped off, they said car park is 5 miles away. My own fault should have checked terms and conditions, car was moved to an overflow car park which has accounted for 30 miles on clock. The cost of the diesel used has negated the saving we made by not booking other firms! Just had a quote from BCP for meet and greet for a car park 0.5 miles from airport and has parkmark award for £49.95 for 8 days. Not saying Elite are not good just read the terms and conditions properly. It also states that there is public access to the car park and they are not liable for any 3rd party damages? Is this usual ?
  • linz76_2
    linz76_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi,

I have just checked out the below website and its £2:49 per day, 24 hour security, free shuttles every 15 mins to the airport and you keep your car keys, dont leave them! - sounds quite reasonable to me - Has anyone used them?

http://www.rcpmanchester.co.uk/
  • Adzha
    Adzha Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    linz76 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just checked out the below website and its £2:49 per day, 24 hour security, free shuttles every 15 mins to the airport and you keep your car keys, dont leave them! - sounds quite reasonable to me - Has anyone used them?

http://www.rcpmanchester.co.uk/
    Yes, just came back from 2nd use of here yesterday.

You queue and wait for a bus, engine running. Car park is very tight, and staff sometimes grumpy.
    It's just about ok, price is usually great though (£19.92 for 8 days we paid - the next one was nearly double this!)
  • mia parking is the one we always have :D
    things arent the way they were before, you wouldnt even recognise me anymore- not that you knew me back then ;)
    BH is my best mate too, its ok :)

I trust BH even if he's from Manchester.. ;)

all your base are belong to us :eek:
  • linz76_2
    linz76_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Adzha wrote: »
    Yes, just came back from 2nd use of here yesterday.

You queue and wait for a bus, engine running. Car park is very tight, and staff sometimes grumpy.
    It's just about ok, price is usually great though (£19.92 for 8 days we paid - the next one was nearly double this!)

Thanks for the info, the price does seem reasonable to everywhere else i have checked. About £40 for two weeks and others i have looked at are quoting £70+
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've used RCP at Manchester and will use them again (warning - sometimes the staff can be jovial at 5am!).

Also consider the train - not too often the times match flight times, but a good idea if you'd be hitting the M60 at "rush-hour" (most of the hours of daylight...).
  • When comparing quotes for manchester airport parking i found a small independent company called autostrong, i was a bit warey as their price was a good bit lower than most of the competitors but what an amazing service!

I paid £34.60 for 1 week the first time and then realised that if you book on their own website rather than through the comparison site i can actually get it even cheaper!!! (I am going there next week for £28.00 for the week)

Apart from the great price they pick up and drop off at all 3 terminals where as some companys drop at the bus or rail station meaning you have a fair old walk often with heavy bags and tired kids. Also, a friend of mine went with another cheap firm called rcp and said she waited 50 minutes for a bus back to the car park, our bus was ready and waiting outside the terminal for us.

http://www.autostrong.co.uk
  • tin143
    tin143 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    s55shh wrote: »
    Which company was this?

Sorry for late reply. Changing PC so had no access to net.
    It was Airparks Gold. Gold for bad service!!
    Used Premier a few times and although not the cheapest unless you book through Flybe ages before they were basic but reliable - drop-off outside terminal every 10 min.
    My friend always uses private guy 10 minutes from airport out in the sticks but apparently brilliant. Will post details when I get them.

M
  • will69
    will69 Posts: 91 Forumite
    tin143 wrote: »
    Sorry for late reply. Changing PC so had no access to net.
    It was Airparks Gold. Gold for bad service!!
    Used Premier a few times and although not the cheapest unless you book through Flybe ages before they were basic but reliable - drop-off outside terminal every 10 min.
    My friend always uses private guy 10 minutes from airport out in the sticks but apparently brilliant. Will post details when I get them.

M
    hi to all has anyone used carparking LTD? they offer a meet and greet service and also a welcome home pack, which constists of orange juice and breakfast bars their price seemed too good to be true £69 for 2 weeks ???
  • Hi I have just booked 16 days Chauffeur Meet and Greet through Purple Parking which was £57 after registering as a member. Plus there should be £7.50 cashback via Quidco.

Anyone any experience, apears cheap!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure