Ultra Low Emission Zone filter for car

Options

Comments

• sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,885 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But for a small Peugeot car?

It would probably be posible, but more practical to just ditch it and buy a more modern one.
    Do these zones recognise anything other than a manufactuers EURO rating?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    Do these zones recognise anything other than a manufactuers EURO rating?
    You could pay to get your modified car put through the full Euro test cycle, I s'pose - but...
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is another attack on motorist but no signs of upsetting the airlines, which as we now realise are a big contributor to pollution.

Don't we all pay APD on our air tickets?
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For those who think that the existing public transport system is the way forward, are living in some by-gone utopian world of a by-gone era. For many of us who have children, older family members, have to collect the kids from clubs, schools, music lessons hospital etc. the system simply is not good enough and until there is an improved system, many of those middling families have little or no choice unless we go back to the good old days when mum stayed at home, dad worked at the local factory and nan helped out, which simply doesn't happen due to a host of changes in our lives and world.

Utter drivel. Is London's transport system perfect? Of course not. Some of it is quite old. The tube can be overcrowded especially at rush hour times but for the most part it works well and buses work a great deal more reliably than in my youth even with increased traffic levels. When we eventually get the delayed Elizabeth line there will be a welcome increase in capacity and better journey times. If I travel in Central London the car stays firmly at home (although it would be exempt from emission fees). Why? Because it is a less aggravating and time consuming journey. If it goes wrong I console myself, if on rail, that at least I'm not sitting in an interminable traffic jam.
  • AdrianC
    Options
    giraffe69 wrote: »
    Don't we all pay APD on our air tickets?
    Yep.
    The airline industry is a hard one to tax. Put tax on fuel? Short and medium-haul airlines will simply use more fuel by flying in with full tanks, so they don't have to fill here. Long-haul will use Paris or Amsterdam or Frankfurt as a hub instead of London.
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,885 Forumite
    Options
    AdrianC wrote: »
    Yep.
    The airline industry is a hard one to tax. Put tax on fuel? Short and medium-haul airlines will simply use more fuel by flying in with full tanks, so they don't have to fill here. Long-haul will use Paris or Amsterdam or Frankfurt as a hub instead of London.

APD can be as little as £20 on 2,000 miles of air travel; how much duty would people pay on 2,000 miles of road travel, not much.
  • AdrianC
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    APD can be as little as £20 on 2,000 miles of air travel; how much duty would people pay on 2,000 miles of road travel, not much.
    Now consider the difference per passenger-mile, rather than per vehicle-mile.
  • elvis.london
    elvis.london Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2019 at 12:45PM
    Options
    Try the below links: May not be available in UK
    amminex.com/oem/oem-passenger-cars.aspx

greencarcongress.com/2017/08/20170830-amminex

I recently bought Mercedes E300 Hybrid AMG Sport Bluetec. The car has 30K mileage. Thought all Hybrids are exempted from ULEZ. But unfortunately not Diesel-Hybrid. Only after 2015 models are exempted. If ULEZ is implemented in North and South Circular then is a problem. The car still has to go long way. If anyone has got any other idea please support us.
    Thanks - Tanvir
  • reeac
    reeac Posts: 1,430 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Londoners that I know best are my daughter and her family who have lived in North London (a mile inside the North Circular) for nearly 20 years. The children walked to primary and secondary schools and the parents commute by Underground to the City. They have a car ( petrol Focus) for use as necessary .....all seems to work out well. What's the problem?
  • AdrianC
    Options
    I recently bought Mercedes E300 Hybrid AMG Sport Bluetec. The car has 30K mileage. Thought all Hybrids are exempted from ULEZ. But unfortunately not Diesel-Hybrid. Only after 2015 models are exempted. If ULEZ is implemented in North and South Circular then is a problem. The car still has to go long way. If anyone has got any other idea please support us.
    Very simply, pre-2015 diesels do not meet the ULEZ minimum requirement of Euro6 emissions. Hybrid or not.

If you're going to be driving in the ULEZ, (and it's when, not if), then you need to change the car.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure