The Great Cheapest Printer Hunt

Comments

• angel
    angel Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    Any good deals on colour inkjets knocking around at the moment???

This hunt is a little out of date!

I'm looking for one too, yesterday mine juddered to a halt! I really don't want to pay much as I rarely print anything and then it's usually only a letter or two.
    :smileyhea "here, hare, here" :smileyhea
  • Home Base Have A Lexmark Z??? Model With 2 Cartridges In For £19.99. I Think It Is 35.99 In Argos. I Have Bought One As The Printer Cartridges Alone Are Worth More Than 19.99.
    Just about to give up!
  • Be careful when you buy a printer that it isnt the "stand alone type" which is NOT connected to your PC-unless of course that is what you want. I made that mistake just before Xmas in a bit of a hurry. Luckily it was Argos and they are very good regarding refunds. Well, I did think that £50 for a printer/scanner copier was a bit too cheap!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • angel
    angel Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    traceya89 wrote:
    Home Base Have A Lexmark Z??? Model With 2 Cartridges In For £19.99. I Think It Is 35.99 In Argos. I Have Bought One As The Printer Cartridges Alone Are Worth More Than 19.99.

Do you mean Homebase the diy store? I just checked their website and couldn't find the £19.99 printer. I wonder if it's worth popping down there tomorrow? Did they have loads?

:smileyhea "here, hare, here" :smileyhea
  • traceya89
    traceya89 Posts: 942
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    they are usually at the end of aisles. i got 2 about 2 weeks ago. if you cant see them on the aisles ask at customer services as they have a cupboard full. there are a few different models, some at 19.99, some at 27.99 and some 59.99.
    Just about to give up!
  • Be careful when you buy a printer that it isnt the "stand alone type" which is NOT connected to your PC-unless of course that is what you want. I made that mistake just before Xmas in a bit of a hurry. Luckily it was Argos and they are very good regarding refunds. Well, I did think that £50 for a printer/scanner copier was a bit too cheap!
    All you need to do is connect it to your PC with a USB cable, not supplied but readily available at reasonable prices :)
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • All you need to do is connect it to your PC with a USB cable, not supplied but readily available at reasonable prices :)
    The one I bought didnt have anywhere on it to connect a usb cable. Thats exactly what I tried to do. Silly thing is, they offered me a usb at the till! Read the whole instruction manual through too!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • I think I know the Lexmark printer you mean. I was going round checking all the photo printers in Comet/PC World, making a note of their prices and features. I remember wondering why Lexmark were only charging fifty pounds for a specification that everyone else was charging seventy quid for. Now I know why! :p

Fortunately I decided to go for another brand this time around, mainly because the last Lexmark printer I bought lasted about a week before one of the plastic tabs holding the ink cartridge in place snapped off
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • For all things Lead and Cable , Hard Drive , even Hard Drive external cases Look at

http://www.maplin.co.uk/ CD/R CDr/W DVD/R R/W

in fact anything tools , PC , games , Disco Lighting , Cables

Have a look quality and service exceptional
  • alikat_3
    alikat_3 Posts: 210 Forumite
    Thought I'd revive this thread as I've spent the last day looking at printers, the cheapest printer I've come across, taking into consideration the cost of compatible cartridges is the Epson C48 which Curry's are selling for £34.94 including P&P, while ink Emporium UK sells 4 (2X2), compatible ink cartridges for around £6 inc P&P.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure