PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Basket obsession. A confession.

Comments

• taurusgb
    taurusgb Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    It isn't just the look or the usefulness of them is it...they're just so...cozy!
    People Say that life's the thing - but I prefer reading ;)
    The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell jnto the Thames it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity - Benjamin Disreali
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    yes they are. I love stroking mine
  • helenhugs
    helenhugs Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    I do love the baskets & really want a gorgeous wicker one for the picnics we regularly go on. unfortunately all I have are the storage baskets without a handle. I would love to pop to the shops with a gorgeou basket though rather than my canvas bags :) 1 day I will have the money to buy 1, until then I just have to keep dreaming.
    Hugs
    Helen
    We don't need to do it perfectly - good enough is exactly that GOOD ENOUGH.
    Good Enough Club member number 8
    :j £2 coin club = now in a sealed tin so I'm not sure
  • JenniO
    JenniO Posts: 547 Forumite
    Please add me to the basket obsessives on this thread. My local charity shop used to hold them for me as I always bought every one that came through! (I finally told the lady to stop as my house is full of baskets). I really thought I was the only one too! :o
  • InfamyInfamy
    InfamyInfamy Posts: 1,727 Forumite
    kittie wrote: »
    yes they are. I love stroking mine
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!
    :hello:
  • Psykicpup
    Psykicpup Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    NualaBuala wrote: »
    I love baskets too - I've always wanted a "proper" shopping basket but I don't know where to get one. And cloth bags are more practical for stuffing in pockets or my handbag I suppose. But baskets look so nice!

I got mine from Lakeland - it was around £5 if I remember right
    I THINK is a whole sentence, not a replacement for I Know

Supermarket Rebel No 19:T
  • I remember taking my cookery bits to school in a basket too! Now we are showing our age girls.
    I think that we were better at recycling in the 70's than we are now
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Oooh another one here. I am basket mad! they are all over my house, storage, laundry baskets but I have to confess to further wicker tendencies. I also love wicker wall storage, chests of drawers, bamboo mirrors. I have so much of, it mainly collected in charity shops and boot fairs, that I have to cull some of it occasionally.

I need a bigger house! :)
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• Ah, I thought I was the only one, too.

I will never forget the time I saw a stair basket in a charity shop for £2, and didnt get it on the day...Went back the next day to get it (after a sleepless night wanting that basket), and it was still there, but was reserved for someone else. That haunts me to this day. :o

I just bought a small version of 'the shopping basket' from a charity shop, for £2. Its so cute!! Another charity shop bargain was a strange gardening basket with a strip of elastic round it for holding tools, like this but much bigger - http://www.bountifulbasketsdurango.com/store/images/2009_0410oddsandends0027.JPG

The other thing I really like is wooden bowls. I have quite a few, but my favourite ones which I can't afford are those made of a knot of Yew or Walnut...lovely, but I have none :(
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    I too had a basket for home economics, we all had one, in fact thinking about it I'm sure that it was compulsory and part of the school uniform for all girls to have a basket for cookery. (boys didn't do home economics back then, they did manly things like metalwork & woodwork :rolleyes:).

My basket had a gingham waterproof cover like a big shower cap and I loved it. :o
    Dum Spiro Spero
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport