My diary... becoming debt free whilst still having a life!!!

Comments

• Hope DD is feeling much better now...nothing worse than being poorly.

Thanks ever so....
    The good you do comes back to you.
    DFW Long haul supporters No: 134
    ;)
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Oh no!! DD goes back to school tomorrow and has been up all night with a bug!!!! EEEEEkkkkkkkkk:eek: :eek: :eek:

(why oh why didn't I go to bed at 9pm!!)

poor you mine did that one was up all night with earache and sore throat and the other had a painful back and sore knee:eek: anyway peace remains and i kicked them both off to school:D
    dont know who i want to win BB i DONT want Darnell or Rex to win. maybe Rachel to win??
    anyway must do some work hope everyone is ok x
  • Poor you Ruby, hope DD is on the mend
    Keep up the good debtbusting one and all!
    Belle
    Getting there...slowly! :D

GC : must do better
    NSD: very rare

No matter how slow I go I am lapping everyone on the couch.
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,324 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone,
    Savingholmes, I have no idea how to feed a family of five on that money, I am currently working really hard at trying to stick to it for all our groceries etc and that is for a family of four. Some weeks we do, others we spend £70 or £80. I do find working out a meal plan and buying all that I need for that helps. The cupboards and freezer don't have as many 'extras' in them as they used to so I guess I am only buying what is needed. But it is hard. How long have you been trying/spending that for groceries?

I'm off now, have a busy day tomorrow. I can't believe I have had six weeks off work and I still have to go to town tomorrow the day before DD goes back to school to pick up polo shirts that I thought I already had!!!! That means labelling again tomorrow night.
    xxxx:A

I wrote a really long post and it didn't save! Basically in the bad old days - groceries sometimes cost £800 - we were trying to drop to £100 a week but I've done my soa and budget planner and we are still in the red at that rate. So need to drop to more like £60-70 per week. Not always very successful - sometimes even have repeat trips:eek: Storecupboard fairly full tho:o I improve for a few weeks and then panic as the cupboard starts to empty and fill it again quick!:p

Last night got pumps for DD £1.50 (Asda). Then tried to find her school uniform and shoes bought by MIL took an hour... but then who would look for shoes on bedroom windowsill on the other side of a dressing table :confused: (DD put them there in case you hadn't realised that) I then still had to put names in them all. MIL supplied with strict instructions to use them... what could I do - DD would rat on me!:rolleyes:

So got to bed at 1am - was then woken by DD at 5am and then had to get up early for work:mad:

Life:rolleyes: Used food already in tonight tho... so that's a start and kids had their first packed lunch of the school year. Was costing me £20 a week - can't afford it. Not listed in sig but don't feel can count that. After school club have agreed not to charge me for Fridays for both or Thursday for DS despite lack of notice. So will make big savings! Already listed in my sig tho;)
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £11.9K
    3) CC £3.7K on 0% spends card but offset by £34K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value @15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Could be spam!
    Have a good day Ruby, Cas, savingholmes and all

• Morning everyone, (thanks for your posts yesterday)
    DD is going to be off school today on her 1st day back!!!! :eek: Throughout yesterday she had regular medicine to keep her temperature under control and was just not herself. I took her to the park and she laid on the bench!!! Anyway, she slept alot better and so did I (I went asleep by 10pm) and so I thought things were looking up for this morning. But the breakfast decided to reappear. So the school have been called and she is now under a blanket in front of citv!! My day of WFH (which was only for my benefit and not required will have to wait).

On a money saving note I got annoyed at DH last night as he asked if I had any of our weekly money left because he had spent all his!!! This happens weekly and it just doesn't feel far. He smokes and although with money being tight he has had to cut down dramatically, over these summer holiday weeks he has used up most of the extra money I haven't needed for petrol etc. because not being at work. I am dreading what it is going to be like when I go back because the budget will be used for it's purpose and that will mean that there just isn't any extra. He has just fallen out of the habit of having to go without or making a packet last longer because he knows I won't have spent anything and will have money. I had £20 yesterday and he has taken £10 of it. I'm going to have to talk to him over this weekend because we won't manage otherwise.

Sorry... everyone, I'm just feeling a bit down really.

I hope you are all well and thanks for your posts yesterday.

x
    ;)
  • Are we married to the same man Ruby? Mine has 'pocket money' ( much more than I allow myself) and yet he tries to sneak more out of account thinking ( ha ha) I won't notice! Latest ploy has been to buy cigarettes using debit card as he mistakenly believes a small transaction may go under the radar - WRONG!!!
    He has lots of good points too of course, but also thinks Christmas costs about £50 in total (also very WRONG in this house although I'm sure peeps on here manage it!)

Must go and earn some of this money we keep discussing - hope DD copes at school and Cas, I don't know how to report it but wil find out later
    Have a good day all
    Belle

• sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    , but also thinks Christmas costs about £50 in total (also very WRONG in this house although I'm sure peeps on here manage it!)

Belle
    Belle i know what you mean My DH has not got a clue about how much things cost. he just takes money out of the account even though he knows its in the red .( I have a separate account:D and I pay for all kids stuff and xmas and everything) without that we really would be in trouble. men are so frustrating arnt they:mad:
  • hello lovey ooo this yellow is no use this is better hehe glad to see you have started a debt diary its really nice to keep up to date and see where you have come from well done on not spending on credit ive done well myself, i look forward to keeping updated on your journey... ps hows the dyson :P xxx
    The loans will pay themselves the credit cards need a kicking :money: DFW Long haulers supporter 132!!:T
  • Hiya everyone

Amy, thanks for popping by... I'm still far too fond of my dyson, seeing as it is after all only a hoover!! How you are you Huni?

So update for today.... MEN!!!!!!! :mad: (there I am not going to say anymore). Thanks YB and SC for your understanding words, it is good to hear I am not alone.

DD is better tonight and has gone off to bed more of her old self, so I think she will be going to school tomorrow. DS goes back tomorrow and I have a day to myself!!! Yippee... I have a mystery shop to do and thought I might try and see if I can buy a very, very, cheap top and skirt to go back to work with, suggestions of where to go anyone?

How is everyone else today?

I have had two spend days in a row, not very much only bread etc, but I am sat here now wishing I had got a bottle of wine. DH and DS at footie and DD in bed and I could kill a glass of rose.... yummmy....

xxxxxxxx
    ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business