Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    lonny1 wrote: »
    they cant say oh we cant you will have to pay 30 days notice for a service you will not use or require thats against the law

Yes they can, and no it's not against the law. I'm sure your cousin can verify that. It would have been documented in the legally binding contract you agreed. If you had an issue with it, the time to raise it was BEFORE you first took VM services.
    i could be moving home tomorrow or flooded out of home.

That doesn't matter at all. Search for the numerous threads on this forum about people moving house to a non VM supplied area. The common theme is they have to pay up. As agreed in the contract.
    MY BANK ACCOUNT IS READY FOR COURT IF IT COMES I DONT CARE IF I LOOSE,

As this is a money saving forum, I have to say the phrase cutting off your nose to spite your face comes to mind here. But as I say, good luck! :beer:
  • As arnold says , ill be back , on 4th of may cant wait.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ok please read below my story that worked, after me and my barrister found loophole on UK cable media company ? You know who ,please note you do not need to give a months notice as you pay a month in advance to cable media company ?.,well here it all is,my story and proof I sent to mse news desk ,for legal reasons on here no capital letters or name company but they do cable bb phone TV .this is my story and will not affect mse or readers.

I will save £480 a year from may 2019 also I received on 27th of april five page contract I will now pay £27 pounds a month ,contract 1 year plus a £50 credit.yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

This massive cable company have been holding people to ransom because they are cable and might take up to 5 weeks plus to transfer telephone number, plus the house must have a landline socket for new ISP and you will loose your email address after 90 days. I paid £62 a month for TV and 50mb broadband no TV box I got free upgrade to 100mb then 200mb free ,but my bill was upgraded 3 times to, very sneaky give you something free then double your bill ? I was sick of share holders.so last night I went to cable companys special offer £27 a month for telephone and broadband ,for new customers only, wrong I said, with that I said I'm not under contract and I don't have to pay exit fee or give 30 days notice. Please note a contract only lasts a year when you join,I signed in to my account seen no contract. Beware people they try to say "oh you got new modem so that renews contract "rubbish".

So I filled in the form bank details etc first through MSE as a "new customer" it all went through nice at the end it said our engineer will install the new modem hub 3 on may 3rd 2019.then I phoned cable companys media disconnect team and told them I'm leaving on the 2nd of may ,I was honest and told them what I have done the guy says but you cant your a existing customer , I said I have been with you 10 years I have no contract I don't have to give 30 days notice as I paid a month in advance and there is no rolling contract. Oh he said hang on to I speak to supervisor 10 mins later oh sorry you are right you can also keep your telephone number and email address but this may take 3 days to switch .after that I got 3 calls saying we can do that deal without you leaving and rejoining, I told them no the ball is rolling now, for years I have asked for minimum contract or deal they said no no no I told them I have a landline socket but I want to keep my email address so you are to late, Also please note if you don't get broadband or have a fault they must pay you for each day,or loss of any services in your area their fav reply , new government law they signed up to.

Now I "save" £500 a year plus £50 credit I have same phone number same email address and next year ill do it again.phone number takes 72 hours but you get a temporary one untill then.

Also please note if you have a TV package to you will save even more money just Google their new deals, don't be put off by new customers only.

4 million customers x £480 brilliant the people that are poor and old now can win win win god bless.so join first then tell them your leaving.

john

Hello again @lonny1, you really need to work on this trolling lark, you're not very good at it.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just keep hitting the spam button .
  • Halster
    Halster Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi guys, just thought I add my retention deal that I just got. My contract doesn't end till July, paying £38 for 200mb with weekend calls. I have been offered 350mb, full house, kids, and 2x V6 boxes for £63 per month on 12 month contract. Does that sound ok?

I've asked her to save the deal, as I am still in contract with sky until next month..
  • BigBlueSky
    BigBlueSky Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Was originally on £20 per month for 100Mbps Internet, Player TV and weekend calls. Now on a 'discounted' £37 per month for the same. My current 'deal' ends in July.

What can I expect to be able to get this same package for, or possibly a Mix TV version (I would like Fun TV, but I don't believe this is available anymore).
  • patil
    patil Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    My two cents ...

Background: Existing customer with Full House TV + Talk Weekends Phone + 100 Mbps broadband and Asian Pack - £62 a month in 2018-19.

Price hiked by £20 from 1 May 2019 after end of previous contract.

Called VM and after 1 hour listening to music got to the 'customer retention team'.

Got Full House TV + Talk Weekends Phone + 100 Mbps broadband and Asian Pack for £60 a month on a 12 month contract.

Not sure if I got the best possible deal :-) but the hassle of moving to SKY with new installations deters me from switching. Maybe next year!
  • den169
    den169 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    patil wrote: »
    My two cents ...

Background: Existing customer with Full House TV + Talk Weekends Phone + 100 Mbps broadband and Asian Pack - £62 a month in 2018-19.

Price hiked by £20 from 1 May 2019 after end of previous contract.

Called VM and after 1 hour listening to music got to the 'customer retention team'.

Got Full House TV + Talk Weekends Phone + 100 Mbps broadband and Asian Pack for £60 a month on a 12 month contract.

Not sure if I got the best possible deal :-) but the hassle of moving to SKY with new installations deters me from switching. Maybe next year!
    As far as i know the only way to get retentions is to cancel ,And then wait for a call.
  • den169
    den169 Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Cancelled today gave 30 days notice,But then got an email saying phone is £24 a month,Minimum period 12 months i rang up and said i cancelled the lot she said its so i can port my number,Iv'e cancelled the lot a few times and never had this has anyone else had this.
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    den169 wrote: »
    Cancelled today gave 30 days notice,But then got an email saying phone is £24 a month,Minimum period 12 months i rang up and said i cancelled the lot she said its so i can port my number,Iv'e cancelled the lot a few times and never had this has anyone else had this.

Yes, it happened to me. They then failed to terminate my service as expected, which meant another wasted hour on the phone to tell them the error of their ways.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback