JUST EAT hideous charges

Comments

• baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 December 2018 at 4:41PM
    Zero_Sum wrote: »
    If people only used JE how would they know about portion sizes? And if the size was say 5-10% smaller most wouldnt really notice the difference anyway.

so you really think that a JE order gets 2 chips less, 1 spoonfull of rice less or a smaller 12" pizza than if you walk in off the street ?

When i buy say for example rice or noodles they come in a plastic tub and are full whether i order by JE or phone the place direct. The tubs are a standard size.
    Why would they risk alienating me as a customer to save a few pence and lose all my future custom.

Lets also not forget that i might order from a place a couple of mile away to try it where as i would not have bothered or perhaps even known the place existed.

I am also far happier paying via s secure payment method rather than giving out card numbers, address etc to a company i know nothing about over the phone.

I had a lovely Chinese delivered last night courtesy of JE and used the 50% off code they sent me. No doubt ill use them again next week :) BUT..... I may also decide to just pop to the local chippy instead and do it Old Skool ;)

If i decide on a Kebab i never use JE as i have a favourite place a short drive away.

Its simple really isnt it. You either choose to use them or you dont, nobody is forcing you to do anything.
  • baza52 wrote: »
    work for JE LOL.
    Welp, that took longer than I expected for that line to be trotted out.
  • Welp, that took longer than I expected for that line to be trotted out.

You can easily replace that with being some poor investor who bet on Just Eat AIM stock or working for a company that has Just Eat as customers. But I think you could put the effort to understand what is meant.
  • baza52
    HappyUser wrote: »
    You can easily replace that with being some poor investor who bet on Just Eat AIM stock or working for a company that has Just Eat as customers. But I think you could put the effort to understand what is meant.

No need to be cryptic here, why not just be clear what your real gripe is?
    Your other post suggest your self employed or running your own business.
    Do you carve Donner meat for a living by any chance?
  • Zero_Sum
    Zero_Sum Posts: 1,567 Forumite
    baza52 wrote: »
    so you really think that a JE order gets 2 chips less, 1 spoonfull of rice less or a smaller 12" pizza than if you walk in off the street ?

When i buy say for example rice or noodles they come in a plastic tub and are full whether i order by JE or phone the place direct. The tubs are a standard size.
    Why would they risk alienating me as a customer to save a few pence and lose all my future custom.

Lets also not forget that i might order from a place a couple of mile away to try it where as i would not have bothered or perhaps even known the place existed.

I am also far happier paying via s secure payment method rather than giving out card numbers, address etc to a company i know nothing about over the phone.

I had a lovely Chinese delivered last night courtesy of JE and used the 50% off code they sent me. No doubt ill use them again next week :) BUT..... I may also decide to just pop to the local chippy instead and do it Old Skool ;)

If i decide on a Kebab i never use JE as i have a favourite place a short drive away.

Its simple really isnt it. You either choose to use them or you dont, nobody is forcing you to do anything.

Im sure most probably dont but it wouldnt surprise me if some did do it & you wouldnt be alienated because you wouldnt notice. And theres ways round the tub sizes also in that you might get less meat in a curry for example
  • baza52
    Zero_Sum wrote: »
    Im sure most probably dont but it wouldnt surprise me if some did do it & you wouldnt be alienated because you wouldnt notice. And theres ways round the tub sizes also in that you might get less meat in a curry for example

but if you drive to the takeaway you could spend more in fuel than you lose in food pound for pound. Lets not forget paying to park, time taken and wear n tear on the car.
    Even if you walk you could lose more calories getting there n back than the 5% of food your missing out on.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    The problem is that hideous Just Eat company wants to get rich by providing a nonsense dirt cheap almost zero value service.

I think they provide a great service. Easy to use app, online card payments, reviews, keep me updated with progress, etc, etc. All far better than flying blind and trying to find a good carry out that delivers in an area i dont know.

For regulars theres usually discount vouchers floating about / offers and if i lived somewhere and I'd just ring them direct anyway.

If you dont like it, dont use it. They provide a very useful service.
  • bery_451
    bery_451 Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    baza52 wrote: »
    but if you drive to the takeaway you could spend more in fuel than you lose in food pound for pound. Lets not forget paying to park, time taken and wear n tear on the car.
    Even if you walk you could lose more calories getting there n back than the 5% of food your missing out on.

How many calories?
  • baza52
    bery_451 wrote: »
    How many calories?

about 27 but more if its uphill
  • Takmon
    Takmon Posts: 1,738 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Do you have a comprehension difficulty or something?
    The thread is not about JE charging delivery charges (they do for £2.50 in most cases).

The thread is about JE ADDITIONALLY inflating EVERY SINGLE price of the menus. So you not only pay delivery charges, but you also pay inflation.

And this inflation is not 10-20%. It can be 50% for a single order.

But it isn't Just Eat that are inflating the prices it is the restaurant themselves and if you read the thread you would see they have a guarantee where they will refund double the difference if this is the case.

I've used Just Eat in many locations when travelling around the country (most recently 2 weeks ago) and I've never seen prices on there higher than the restaurant charge directly (I always check the restaurant online before ordering).

A lot of places also do free delivery, so there is no real extra cost when ordering through Just Eat for customers.
    I really don't see what your problem is and if you have paid more then simply claim on the price guarantee.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback