Great 'Free Valentine's Gifts' Hunt

Options
Former_MSE_Penelope
Former_MSE_Penelope Posts: 536 Forumite
edited 9 February 2010 at 10:15PM in Marriage, relationships & families
It's getting closer to Valentine's Day, but like Christmas, many leave it to the last minute to buy gifts. We want you to be both MoneySaving and romantic to woo your other half, so want your tips of great and FREE Valentine's gifts.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• angelcakes_smw
    angelcakes_smw Posts: 145 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 16 February 2010 at 8:36PM
    Options
    I made some 'love cheques' which you can buy from most places for about a fiver but mine looked better and they were more personal because I'd made them myself.
  • VCE_in_Fornax
    VCE_in_Fornax Posts: 72 Forumite
    edited 16 February 2010 at 8:56PM
    Options
    make up a jar of "52 reasons why I love you", 52 slips of paper on which you state why you love them, tell them to keep the jar at work (or home) and open it once a week for a year (or once a day if you're inspired with 365 reasons!!!) to keep the romance going and cheer them up when the going is a bit tough...it really works!!! Choose a non see through jar if it's to be kept at work (eg coffee tin), it's nobody else's business...
    Think I got this idea from this forum to be honest!
    Happy Valentine!:j

• caeliaolivia
    Options
    not free, but cheap enough. half price boxes of thorntons at londis £3.49
  • robpw2
    robpw2 Posts: 14,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 16 February 2010 at 8:57PM
    Options
    If you have the time why not make some paper roses out of tissue paper and pipe cleaners
    show someone you love them and these will never die :)

or bake some cakes or make your own chocolates
    get some novelty ice cube trays as moulds if you need help

OR perhaps instead of making such an effort for one day and then going back to your mundane everyday life find a way to show someone you love them every day and not just because everyone else is doing it

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I'm making a chicken and mushroom pie for my bf on our anniversary at the end of this month (don't celebrate valentine's).

I made this for his Birthday last year also and he loved it. It reminds him of being a kid, at home with the family etc etc and it's the only thing he's asked for. This is a bit more of a treat for him though as it's an English dish that we can't buy ready made here.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • katmcleod
    Options
    I'm making heart shaped cookies, I already have the cutters. I also used our odd sock bag to make a family of sock monkeys (so the kids can have something too). Dead easy to make, I'm a new user though so I can't post links. It's on the santaspostbag website, you can google it and find christmas sock monkey in the menu.

Not free but extra's...
    Bought The Crow DVD, searched around and got it for £2.99 with free P&P, it was the first film we saw together.
    Also bought a card. Ran out of time to make one, the monkeys took longer than I thought. :D
  • justincm
    Options
    Again not free but maybe cheaper than your current PAYG

talkmobile are offering a free Samsung tocco lite (pink/black) for £10 a month.

This includes 100 xnet minutes and 500 Text messages.

works out at 200 text messages more per month than a tesco £10 triple credit top up.
  • ELLA
    ELLA Posts: 784 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a web site to get an idea of the 52 reasons why I love you, I might run out too quickly otherwise lol!
  • stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ELLA wrote: »
    Is there a web site to get an idea of the 52 reasons why I love you, I might run out too quickly otherwise lol!

Thought it was just me ;)
  • fantasia322
    fantasia322 Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    Options
    ELLA wrote: »

http://www.inspiration4everyone.com/chris_sandy/sandy_pages/100_reasons_why_i_love_you.html

you can adapt it to suit yourself. if you google you can find the 365 reasons as well. Good luck choosing lol :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure