IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Armtrac Security PCN

Hi Everyone,

I recently received a PCN from Armtrac Security. It was on the windscreen and the usual £60 if paid in 14 days £100 if not. Due to unforeseen circumstances I have been away and am now around 20 days from when the initial ticket was given.

I've read through the Newbie thread as to how to appeal to these guys as they are part of the IPC. Now if i'm understanding it correctly the advise is to wait and see if a NTK is sent and then send an appeal letter.

My main worry is what if they think its being ignored? What happens if a NTK is not received (although i'm sure that wont happen as they'll be wanting the money!) Is it worth sending the appeal letter before a NTK is received as it states on the ticket that any appeal needs to be received within 21 days, including full name, address & reasons for contesting liability.

I don't want to get stung by these people but want to make sure I get it right!

Thank you in advance for any help given!

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I would wait for an NTK , as they have 6 years to chase this invoice in court

the main issue at the moment is to NOT naming of inferring who was driving, so a keeper might have no knowledge of any ticket on a windscreen

so a KEEPER is not ignoring anything because they have not received anything
  • Yiannage
    Yiannage Posts: 52 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2017 at 3:17PM
    I see, so if I wait out for the NTK, then send the appeal letter. i know the new system mans that you simply cant ignore these things which is why i was worried about waiting.

6 years seems a bit excessive for them to be able to chase....It drives me crazy that firms can operate like this!

Has anyone had any experiences with Armtrac Security before?
  • Redx
    edited 29 August 2017 at 3:35PM
    plenty of examples of ARMTRAC posts and threads on here , pepipoo and parking pranksters blog site

the 6 year rule has existed since 1973 so is now 44 years old for england and wales, something these sc@mmers take advantage of

armtrac will decline the keeper appeal too, but you must go through the motions , as a court case may ensue in the future

the main thing they would want is the drivers details, so they can take it further and not worry about POFA2012

its a scandal that parliament needs to sort out and is well documented on the sites above, plus on here too
  • Yiannage
    I've just been having a dig around the forum on these guys and building up some knowledge!

So wait for the NTK, appeal (using the template on the sticky?), it then says I can appeal to the IAS if the original appeal is rejected which I assume will be the next step....then just wait?!

I'm sure I saw a petition going round about this aswell........they cant be allowed to get away with this kind of practise and scare tactics
  • Redx
    you assume wrong

read that NEWBIES thread again

its appeal to the PPC and then to IGNORE the IAS and also IGNORE the debt collector letters too

only respond to an LBC or an MCOL once the initial keeper appeal has been done
  • Yiannage
    Sorry - I read the other bit off the back of the ticket - so that's what they would want to happen!

OK, wait for NTK, appeal to them.............wait it out.

Thank you for your help Redx!

Just so I have it in my mind - I was reading another post where it says if it does go to court it will be small claims court meaning it wont end up costing thousands?!
  • Redx
    correct , small claims court , typically around £175 if you lose in court

its all explained in many threads on this forum and on pepipoo

and as I said the small claims court has been in existence for 44 years, now known as an MCOL, with limited costs as you say

frankly, and with all honesty , I dont care what their windscreen ticket says
  • Yiannage
    Redx - You just really made me smile!!

Thank you for all your help so far!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 30 August 2017 at 5:45PM
    Just to add, posters here who stick around for advice if they get a claim, do WIN in 99% of cases.

No CCJ or risk even for the odd loss, in the past year. Losers are just told to pay about £175, as Redx said. The important thing is to keep all letters, and only respond at court claim stage or LBCCC (as shown in the NEWBIES thread post #2).

Also contact them if you move house when it is imperative you do update the scammers (and keep proof of posting /emailing the new address), so you don't miss any important court claim letter in a couple of years' time).

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Yiannage
    Quick update..........I have received a NTK however it doesn't give me an option to appeal, it says basically that ship has sailed and I am invited to either pay the fine or supply the name of the driver ( I can post the actual wording later when I am at home)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure