Bus delay****

Hello. In May this year I travelled to Kiev for the champions league final. My journey was supposed to be:
Manchester to Dublin, Dublin to Rzeszow (Poland) and an overnight bus to Kiev (booked with GoEuro). The bus did not turn up (waited for 2 hours after 'departure' time). I was then stuck and had no choice to buy an additional 3 flights to get to my destination in time. This was the only option I had and cost me a significant amount. Is there anyway I can seek compensation to cover my losses?

I appreciate any help given :)

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You'll either need to check the T&C of the bus company you bought your ticket from or contact your travel insurer.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Why on earth would you wait 5 months after the event to chase this up?
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    GoEuro is not a bus company but simply a search engine so you need to find out which bus company was due to operate the service. Were you the only person waiting for the bus, as if you were, the usual answer is either you missed the bus or were waiting at the wrong address. I have never seen any bus company accept responsibility above and beyond the cost of the ticket itself so you are not going to get the cost of three flights from them. Did your insurance policy cover 'missed departure' costs, although again you normally have to make a claim within 28 days and we are now 6 months down the line
  • I would be asking whether the flights and bus were all done as one 'package' or individually?
  • Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    They won’t be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business