Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jamsi
    • By Jamsi 9th Oct 18, 9:28 PM
    • 113Posts
    • 195Thanks
    Jamsi
    Barclays blue rewards
    • 9th Oct 18, 9:28 PM
    Barclays blue rewards 9th Oct 18 at 9:28 PM
    Does anyone have Barclays blue rewards on their bank account?
    The person that served me in the bank said I am missing out and should have it but I didnít have time to discuss it with him so just told him I will leave it for now.
    Is it worth getting? I believe you have to pay to have it but then they give you some back or something?
Page 5
    • adindas
    • By adindas 21st Oct 18, 6:58 AM
    • 3,597 Posts
    • 2,229 Thanks
    adindas
    Just want to update. I managed to switch my Natwest Bank A/C to Barclay on Saturday hoping for double rewards.

But it was not a stright forward. Like not uncommon in Banking Industry some people working in the front line do not even know their own product. The one advising me on the phone that people who got the Blue Reward will not qualify for double reward. The agent that I was facing on Saturday also said the same thing. Only after I show them theor own T&C they started asking other collegues. Thereafter there is still hard selling from ltravel insurance, mortgage, ISA and even a life insurance the one that I do not have any interest at all. I challenged them if any of Barclay could beat the one I have got , well of ocurse none of them. So no selling but at least waste if his time and my time.

So If you have appoinment to meet them in branch for swtiching make sure you print the T&C or at least prepare it on your mobile phone you could easily refer, in case you need to challange their wrong opinion.
    Last edited by adindas; 21-10-2018 at 7:04 AM.
    • EarthBoy
    • By EarthBoy 22nd Oct 18, 12:52 PM
    • 1,977 Posts
    • 1,309 Thanks
    EarthBoy
    I found switching a much easier and smoother experience than some others have reported.

I opened a Barclays account online about 3 weeks ago. This last Saturday afternoon, I walked into my local Barclays branch (a large city centre branch) and said that I wanted to switch another account to Barclays. The woman on the desk got someone to serve me within 3 or 4 minutes, this second person took all my details, completed the switch agreement on the spot and signed me up for Blue Rewards at the same time. No appointment was necessary, and no ID documents were requested either, -she confirmed my ID by asking me to put my debit card in a PIN Sentry card reader and enter my PIN.

Both members of staff confirmed that by switching an account to Barclays I would indeed receive double Blue rewards for 12 months, so there was none of the confusion or lack of staff training that other forum members have experienced. Quite the contrary, they explained the benefits of Blue Rewards and were happy to switch my account for me. I found the whole process straightforward and very easy.
    • adindas
    • By adindas 22nd Oct 18, 2:07 PM
    • 3,597 Posts
    • 2,229 Thanks
    adindas
    I think it is easier because your case is more straight forwards as you just a open a new account and have not received any blue rewards.

When you looked at the previous problem it was something to do with some front line staffs did not understand their own product. They did not understand that existing customer who already have a blue reward could double the rewards they are currently getting by doing switching. Many of frontline staffs including the frontline staffs on the phone will say no you can not get a double reward.

Only after you challenge them showing their own T&C they will start thinking.

I found switching a much easier and smoother experience than some others have reported.

I opened a Barclays account online about 3 weeks ago. This last Saturday afternoon, I walked into my local Barclays branch (a large city centre branch) and said that I wanted to switch another account to Barclays. The woman on the desk got someone to serve me within 3 or 4 minutes, this second person took all my details, completed the switch agreement on the spot and signed me up for Blue Rewards at the same time. No appointment was necessary, and no ID documents were requested either, -she confirmed my ID by asking me to put my debit card in a PIN Sentry card reader and enter my PIN.

Both members of staff confirmed that by switching an account to Barclays I would indeed receive double Blue rewards for 12 months, so there was none of the confusion or lack of staff training that other forum members have experienced. Quite the contrary, they explained the benefits of Blue Rewards and were happy to switch my account for me. I found the whole process straightforward and very easy.
    Originally posted by EarthBoy
    Last edited by adindas; Yesterday at 2:18 PM.
    • DennisTenus
    • By DennisTenus 22nd Oct 18, 4:21 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    DennisTenus
    Is the blue rewards based on a calendar month? so must pay in the required amount and have 2 DDs come out in October to get the reward in November for example....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,543Posts Today

8,371Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Pownerpuff: @MartinSLewis thanks to your guidance, my monthly outgoings (bills) are £400 cheaper PER MONTH than they were 2 years ago!!?

• The programme is primarily aimed at parents not kids. But I think mid teens upwards is likely fine https://t.co/SIJczfKJW8

• Even if u don't have kids, Id love u to watch my 10 things ur kids need to know doco tonight ITV 9pm. It mixes mone? https://t.co/YIqNbllX8h

• Follow Martin